2. FATHER, DEAR MOM

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"All Across Asia," Serena loudly exclaimed as they finished the rest as a team in a clear and loud voice, "Hello, we're Asian by Asian."

While everyone clapped the quartet along with Skyler tried to hold back their laughter upon the group's name and greeting. It was pretty much all a ruse for Skyler's party. The name and greeting was created the day before yesterday as the quartet were actually known as Roseate Bloom online. The quartet actually covered songs and dances on youtube and other platforms. They could have gone with their original group name as the girls have never showed their actual faces to the world, but Skyler advised them not to and came up with something else instead.

She told them it was to help the four stay under the radar and to not be found out if someone tried to look them up or maybe even might try to post other things about them later, too. Since people love publishing things about rich people and Skyler didn't want her friends' private life to get ruined because they attended her birthday party. Anyways, Skyler always wanted to a part of a girl group and become an idol since she loved to perform and sing. Of course at the time, her father rejected the idea although her mother was more welcoming to her dreams.

The name AxA was created because the girls were of different Asian ethnicity and were currently living in South Korea despite not being Korean themselves. Plus, it was also to help represent the Asian community by doing things the Asian way of sort. Anyways, it wasn't a bad name and having two meanings to it was also fun as well. Still though, Skyler indirectly had her moment with the greeting and stage names, too. If she couldn't be in a girl group, then she could somewhat make one in a sense of sort. Kind of like a producer, as Serena had suggested.

"Hello everyone. I'm, RiRiTokki." Serena introduced herself first while doing bunny ears above her head with Jasmine going afterwards down the line.

Serena was given the 'bunny' nickname as she could be cute yet vicious as well. Rina was a shortened form of her actual name and a nickname she liked spelled that way compare to the original spelling.

"Hi. I'm MinHolang."

Jasmine turned her hands into tiger claws while sticking out her tongue playfully. Katherine went next and did a cuter form of a feline with smaller claws than her twin.

Jasmine's stage name was paired with a 'tiger' due to her being the older twin and was also quite fierce when she wanted to be. As for Min, it was dervived from the Korean pronunciation of her actual name. The same was for Katherine as she was the younger twin she was paired with the smaller feline of 'cat'. Rin was also dervived from the Korean pronunciation of her actual name.

"Hey everyone, I'm RinKoyang."

"Hello. I'm LaLaGae," Melanie greeted them with a wink along with her hands into the shapes of dog-like paws, "And thank you for enjoying our performances so far."

Melanie's stage name was also a mixture of a nickname she liked and the fact that the Korean word for 'dog' was the only one she really liked out of the other animals. Anyways, when Melanie finished the introduction with a smile she then cast her an expecting gaze at one of the twins to talk next as they usually handled all of the talking portion. Even though Serena was the captain and should do most of the talking, but it wasn't by choice and it was because she was the oldest out of the group and everyone voted her unanamiously as captain, too.

"Ah, yes," Jasmine began with a clap and steady gaze, "We have plenty of more songs and stages that we've prepared for all of you so please anticpate them!"

Katherine spoke next. "As for now, we will officially start this wonderful evening with a special dance event of Park Haneul in sharing a lovely dance with her father."

Despite how everything has gone in her life, Skyler also wanted sweet moments with her parents on her birthday as well. Skyler smiled while standing up and moved towards her father while holding out her right hand. Her father was shocked by this, but with a soft smile he gratefully took his daughter hand as she lead the both of them to the center of the dance floor. Skyler wanted to show her appreciation towards her father as she had been pretty bratty over the years, but she's grown up and hoped that it wasn't too late to mend the bond between them. Katherine started off the song when Father by BTOB filled up the entire room.

[KATHERINE] His lonely back seemed so unfamiliar
I just watched him as he walked along
And tears just formed
So I just cried
Because I hated myself for not knowing all this time

[MELANIE] Because he always pretended to be calm and smiled
Because he always pretended to be strong in front of me
[SERENA] I didn’t even think of it
I thought I would never see it
So I didn’t know about his lonely back

Soon other fathers and daughters joined in with Skyler and Geonim. It was a beautiful sight as the floor filled up with a sweet memory for all to cherish. The quartet hoped that Skyler hired some photographers to make sure to capture the moment.

[MELANIE] I didn’t know back then, I was too young
You must have been lonelier than anyone else
But I didn’t approach you
[KATHERINE] Now I finally know, I hope it’s not too late
These are the words I wanted to say so much
I love you forever
My father

The four tried not to cry and steady their tone to not be shaky either. Although they missed their father as well, they knew he was doing well faraway from them.

[MELANIE] After watching him for a long time
I ran to him and just hugged him
[KATHERINE] I wanted to just cry
I wanted to cry in his arms
Because my gratitude toward you was so sad

[MELANIE] I didn’t know back then, I was too young
You must have been lonelier than anyone else
But I didn’t approach you
[KATHERINE] Now I finally know, I hope it’s not too late
These are the words I wanted to say so much
I love you forever
My father

[JASMINE] You pretend to feel better after letting out a deep sigh
I can see your invisible tears
You don’t cry over your scarred heart
With the painful wounds
I made those scars but why do I keep blaming you?
[SERENA] And your eyes showed you were tired
But you hid it, such a liar
[JASMINE] Now I will embrace you, you can lean on me
[SERENA] And your eyes showed you were tired
But you hid it such a liar
[JASMINE] You are forever a high sky to me

[KATHERINE] Your beaten hands, your wrinkled eyes
Your lonely back, I’m not used to any of those
[MELANIE] Maybe that’s why I was like that, that’s why I hurt you
Even your turned back seems
Like baggage that I left behind
[KATHERINE] I haven’t done anything for you
I haven’t given anything to you but
These are the words I wanted to say so much,
I love you forever
My father

When the song came to an end Skyler bowed to her father with thankfulness as her father patted her on the head with affection. She gave her father a hug before the pair returned to their table with Geonim sitting down, but Skyler continued standing. She took a few steps towards her step-mother with her left hand out towards her. Narae was confused and looked at Skyler awaiting an answer. It was the quartet that gave her one instead.

"Now Park Haneul would like to share a mother and daughter dance with her mother!" Melanie announced happily.

Skyler smiled at her step-mother with a sincere look touching Narae who accepted her step-daughter's hand. Even though the first few years were rough with getting to know one another, Narae tried her best to let Skyler know that she wasn't trying to replace her actual mother. Skyler finally realized that and was hoping that bygones could be bygones and that they could start anew. Once Dear Mom by SNSD began to play, Katherine once again started out the song.

[KATHERINE] For some reason, today feels difficult and exhausting
I hold my pillow closer as I sit alone in my room
[MELANIE] I fidget with my phone as my heart
For some reason feels empty today

[JASMINE] The suddenly ringing phone surprises me
I hear your voice, asking me if I ate today
[KATHERINE] Those words that annoyed me, feel different today
And I remember all the forgotten promises I’ve made

[ALL] I will become a warm hearted person
I will become a person that puts others first
[MELANIE] I will fulfill the wishes of your love
[SERENA] The person I share my dreams with
[JASMINE/SERENA] The one who used to comb my hair
I think of my mom

Just like during the father and daughter dance, other mothers and daughters joined in on the dance with Skyler and Narae. Seeing this was more of a beautiful sight and the moment that much peaceful and loving. Again, the quartet hoped people were capturing these as they hadn't really noticed any flashing of camera lights.

[JASMINE] Sometimes I hurt you because of my wrong decisions
But you quietly watched over me from afar
[MELANIE] Although I’m still a young and clumsy child, I think
That now I understand the meaning of your silent prayers

[ALL] I will become a warm hearted person
I will become a person that puts others first
I will fulfill the wishes of your love
[SERENA] The person I share my dreams with
[JASMINE/SERENA] The one who used to comb my hair
I think of my mom

The quartet definitely tried not to cry while singing this song. Luckily, they remained calm and just thought of happy times while singing it. They couldn't help but miss their mother a little more as their mothers were more vocal about their going abroad as well as always calling them to see how their day was going.

[MELANIE] What should I do? My heart is still so small
[KATHERINE] If I let go of your hand, I’m not sure if I can make it
[SERENA] I don’t think I’m ready yet, I’m scared

[JASMINE] I will become a wise daughter
[KATHERINE] (Give me courage)
[JASMINE] I will be a daughter you can be proud of
[SERENA] (You’ve been there for me)
[MELANIE] I will fulfill the wishes of your love
[SERENA] With all the love that you have shown me
[KATHERINE] I will have a warm heart

[MELANIE] I was too shy to express it
[KATHERINE] Mom, I truly love you

Please log in to read the full chapter