Promise

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What? No." The quartet denied in sync causing Mark to blink several times with an even more bewildered expression.

"Wait, what? You're not?"

He finally let out once he wrapped his mind around it although his face was scrunched up in total confusion.

"Yeah." The quartet chimed again.

"Really?" Mark repeated while still in disbelief of their answers.

"I'ma go home. It's midnight and my bed is calling for me." Genevy announced instead of answering Mark again. "Bye."

She waved at the boys while getting up, but Alice had pulled her back by the hem of her shirt.

"You don't have any shoes on. You're gonna walk all the way back barefooted?"

"Yeah."

"That's a lie."

"I'll just steal their slippers or something and returned it another day."

"That's also a lie." Katherine pointed out with a laugh."I know you and you're not gonna returned them."

"Seriously," Jasmine interjected still curious about Genevy's missing shoes ordeal, "What happened to your shoes?"

"That guy happened."

Genevy pointed over at Yuta who cast her an innocent smile.

"Oh ho ho. So something did happen?" Jasmine cooed mischievously. "Spill."

"There's nothing to spill and nothing like that happened to whatever you're thinking, Jasmine."

Genevy rolled her eyes as she pulled herself free from Alice's grip.

"Now, see y'all at home. Night."

Before she could see her way out, Yuta stepped into her path with a playful grin. Genevy shied away from him not wanting to be physically close to him.

"Let's watch anime together." Yuta asked while speaking in Japanese.

Not really paying attention to the language that Yuta had just used, Genevy answered him using the same one.

"I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because I have a lot I need to catch up on and I don't want to be anywhere near you."

"Awww, what's so bad about being around me?"

"Everything."

Yuta was smiling throughout the whole interaction while Genevy seemed annoyed. To the onlookers witnessing the entire exchange were surprised that Yuta was able to speak with someone else not within their social circle using his native tongue. Katherine, Alice, and Jasmine weren't at all surprise as they were used to Genevy's ability to speak multiple languages. They were just amused that she was interacting with the boy that has been getting on her nerves as of late.

"I didn't think she was like me." Lucas commented as Ten scoffed. "She's nothing like you."

"I meant the multilingual part."

"I know."

"What are they saying?" Jungwoo asked not understanding the conversation between his friend and the female.

"They're talking about anime." WinWin answered with a cool tone.

"How do you know?" Xiaojun questioned with an arched brow.

"I just do."

"I concur." Taeil agreed. "You guys know how Yuta likes bothering WinWin in watching those anime shows with him and saying the female lines."

"Oh, right." The rest recalled.

Just then all of their attention turned to the duo upon hearing something falling to the ground hard and with a loud thud as Yuta was laughing loudly despite being the one on the floor with Genevy standing over him with a flustered look after shoving the laughing male to the ground.

"I'm leaving, bye!" Genevy announced switching to Korean before jumping over Yuta and dashing off to exit the room and the building itself.

"What did you do, Yuta?" Taeyong inquire with a worried look.

Yuta ignored his question and asked one of his own while standing back up.

"Who wants ice cream?"

"Ohh, I do!" The female trio raised their hands upon hearing his suggestion.

"Uh, shouldn't you go after your friend?" Johnny asked, but spoke in English.

"She'll be fine." Alice dismissed. "We don't live that far from here. It's like ten minutes away."

"Oh, so that means you have time to talk?" Jaehyun interjected himself in to the conversation.

"Depends. Why?" Alice regarded him a bit. "What is it?"

"Are you busy later this month? Let's say, three weeks from now?"

Although Jaehyun's question was from a previous thing he and Johnny had a talk with concerning the twins, but of course Taeyong wasn't aware of that. Then again Taeyong wasn't a fluent English speaker so he wasn't really sure what they were talking about. All he knew was that he wanted to know what Jaehyun's question had to do with Alice, but he remain quiet for now.

"I don't know. Why?"

"I was wondering if you were free around that time to do something."

Jaehyun slowly went about asking the question yet Alice hated this type of vague questioning and just ended it on her own assumption of what it may have been that Jaehyun was asking her.

"If you're asking me on a date, then no I don't wanna go on a date with you."

"Ohhhh, burn!" Mark exclaimed with a loud laugh as Lucas and Ten chuckled along as well.

"That's harsh, Alice." Lucas commented with a silly grin. "You're so rough around the edges."

"Jaehyun's not asking you out on a date." Ten explained with a smile on his lips. "He's asking about something else."

By now the non-English speakers were confused about what was going on and even more confused when Ten suddenly spoke in Thai and Alice replied him in the same langauge. They were totally learning a lot of things and how it all made sense why it was so comfortable being around the female quartet.

"Ugh, he needs to get to the point then. I hate when people beat around the bush. What is it about?" Alice directed the question at Ten while still speaking Thai.

"We know that you guys are AxA and Roseate Bloom. Tern didn't spill it. Haneul actually let it slipped the other day when she got a little too tipsy and was ranting about how you guys needed to be bigger and all that. Anyways, the boys wanna set up a gig for you four to perform on the twenty-third."

Alice frowned upon finding out that their secret and cover was now blown. They just wanted a simple life and doing covers. Not get invovled with all of this. As she and Ten continued on with their conversation while Johnny and Jaehyun were now talking with the twins, that left the others all confused with what was happening.

"Now what is Ten and Alice talking about?" Hendery wondered with a pout while speaking Korean. "I don't know Thai and neither do any of you. Lucas barely speaks it so he's of no help."

"Hey, that's rude." Lucas said with a frown. "Besides, it just concerns the girls about being AxA and Roseate Bloom."

"Aha. So I was right that they were Roseate Bloom." Mark stated with a satisfied grin.

"Wait, so Genevy and Alice were YeonTokki and SeulGae for real?" Jaemin and Jeno confirmed with shocked faces. "That's crazy."

Kun looked between his friends and the female trio with a pensive look.

"Don't tell me that you're trying to get them to attend Jeno's birthday party as entertainment when they've clearly tried to deny being either AxA and Roseate Bloom?"

"Ugh. Couldn't we like have just pushed this until the weekend when we're free and actually have time to do stuff?" Genevy complained as she and the other three made their way towards the place that Skyler had rented out for them to have dinner.

"You know how Skyler is like." Katherine reasoned. "She likes being all out there now that she doesn't have to hide who she is from us."

"I like her before knowing she was some rich kid." Genevy grumbled as Jasmine nudged her playfully.

"Cheer up." Jasmine assured her friend with thoughts of things she may like. "There's gonna be macarons, doughnuts, and even cake! Free food, Genevy."

"Do I look like Alice to you?" Genevy retorted while casting a look at the said person.

"Don't look at me like that. You're the same way." Melanie reminded her.

"I know, but you're the one that actually likes free stuff all the time."

"True, but it's not like I wanted to enjoy it alone."

"The twins and Skyler is with you."

"I know, but you know what I mean."

"Sadly." Genevy agreed with a soft tone.

Of course that dampened her mood even further when the quartet actually entered the establishment and Genevy caught the familiar crowd of twenty-two along with Skyler in what seemed to be a birthday celebration for Jeno.

"Ugh. What a set-up. Y'all are jerks." Genevy whined to her friends at feeling the betrayal. "Y'all are seriously messed up."

The trio laughed at her behavior already having anticipated how she would react.

"Cheer up. You'll have fun." Jasmine nudged her playfully and Genevy just made a face in response.

"Girls! You've finally made it!" Skyler's cheery voice made Genevy groaned more.

"Of course. We just had a little delay because of this one."

Alice gestured at Genevy who stuck her tongue out at her cousin.

"Yeah, Genevy was being quite difficult." Katherine mused while nudging said person playfully.

Genevy nudged her back with a roll of her eyes.

"Anyways," Jasmine interjected, "Is the stage ready?"

"Stage?"

Genevy cast the quartet a puzzled look.

"Who's performing?"

"You are." Skyler answered with a bright smile.

"Ah my life." Genevy softly groaned while running a hand through her hair. "I knew there was another reason for practicing those songs and their dances these past few weeks."

She let out a sigh before shooing the quartet a loo

Please log in to read the full chapter