TTW 2.0 04 - 2nd Audition

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Where is she?" Melanie asked while looking around for Gina for the nth time.

The quartet have been waiting for at least ten minutes for their friend to show up. They wondered what kind of favor she wanted them to do this time since she wouldn't disclosed the information over text.

"She better not be pranking us or something. I don't have time for this." Serena groaned as she rested her arms on the table and placed her head on them. "I still didn't get a chance to take a nap either."

"A nap sounds so good right now."

Katherine copied Serena's position as she relished in the small moment.

"Wake me up when she gets here."

"If she gets here." Jasmine remarked. "She better not have forgotten."

"If she did, then she got a thing coming." Melanie stated with an annoyed look. "I dunno why she couldn't just tell us over the phone. It's way easier and we wouldn't have to wait."

"You know how she is." Serena commented with a sigh. "She does everything at her own pace."

"Well, if she's not here in five minutes, I'm leaving." Melanie commented with a bored face.

Gina showed up half an hour later with outfits and another person alongside her. Her friends had somehow fallen asleep on the table with no one disturbing them, but luckily that was a good thing as they weren't disturb in the process. Gina chuckled at the sight and knew that it was her fault for them being this way at the moment. Gina knew for sure that she definitely owed them big time. She loudly called out their name while trying to wake them up. Serena jerked awake first. Followed by Katherine and then Jasmine. Melanie was the last one to be woken up.

"Hi." Gina greeted them with a sheepish smile before hurrying along as to not irritate them more.

"Anyways, I know I'm super late, but it's all for a good cause."

She motioned to the person beside her before the quartet could attack her and finally took notice of the younger female next to their friend.

"This is Chaerin. She's auditioning later this even, but she was supposed to perform with her group of friends. Something happened and they all bailed on her at the last second and formed another group without her instead." Gina explained the situation.

"They made another group without you?" Katherine questioned with an apologetic expression. "I'm so sorry, Chaerin."

"Wait a minute." Melanie interjected while looking over at Gina instead of Chaerin. "What are those?"

"These?"

Gina held up the clothing.

"To help her."

"How?"

"Hold on. Let's get to that later." Jasmine intervened before looking over at Chaerin. "Can I ask why your friends made a new goup without you?"

"Did something happened?" Serena inquired. "I mean, it's kinda drastic if they abandoned you and didn't bother sticking around."

Chaerin looked at her feet while answering.

"They didn't like the group name or the song when I put in the application when it was announced."

"They know they could just change that, right?" Serena commented with a frown. "Did something else happen?"

"Yeah. There has to be more to it than just a group name or song choice." Melanie added. "I mean you guys voted for those things before handing in the application, right?"

Chaerin looked up with sigh with a nod and looked over at Gina for help on how to explain. Gina patted Chaerin on the back in support before explaining in her place.

"It was mainly about a guy that caused this whole issue."

The quartet scoffed.

"Seriousy?"

The pair nodded as the four shook their heads.

"Of all things. You're gonna throw friendship away so easily."

"It's really my own fault though." Chaerin admitted with a slight frown. "The guy is a really good friend of mine as we grew up together, but the others all assume I went behind their back to get his attention for my own without knowing the whole story."

"He's a well-known guy on campus, huh?" Jasmine guessed with a sure thought.

Chaerin nodded as Gina revealed his identity.

"It's Changbin."

"Wow, really?" Jasmine gasped in surprise. "But he's such a friendly guy."

Jasmine shook her head in disappointment.

"You need better friends."

"It's hard." Chaerin admitted. "The other girls I've known for a while, too, but I guess our bond wasn't that strong."

She looked at Gina and the other four.

"Unlike the five of you."

"You're a good friend, Chaerin." Gina assured the female while pulling her into a hug.

"Well, since you're a friend of Gina, then you're a friend of ours, too."

"Thank you." Chaerin thanked them with a thankful smile as she bowed. "I appreciate that."

Chaerin lifted her head while playing with her fingers.

"Also, I found out after announcements that the name and song we agreed on wasn't what they wanted. They did that to spite me and afterwards I found out that they had signed up a second time with another name and song without my notice."

"What's the name of their group and what song are they doing?" Serena wondered wanting to know who these so-called friends of hers were.

"I don't know." Chaerin admitted regretfully. "I didn't get a chance to see or hear. I ran off when I found out they formed another team."

"Luckily, I know." Gina stated gleefully. "They're called Campus Fairies and they'll be performing Feel Special."

"Cool."

Serena looked at Chaerin with determination.

"We're gonna make them regret to throw you away so easily and that you'll shine on without them."

Chaerin nodded eagerly at Serena's words.

"Yes!"

"Anyways," Katherine brought the attention to the situation at hand, "Is this somehow related to the favor you need to ask us, Gina?"

Gina nodded as the quartet looked at one another before nodding. They turned to the duo and waited for Gina to get on with it.

"Yes and my favor is if you guys can perform with her this evening and help Chaerin out. These outfits are gonna help with the audition."

"Wait, are we allowed to do that?" Melanie asked before continuing. "Is there a rule against it?"

"Nope." Gina confirmed. "You can sign up and perform twice."

The quartet looked at the female as she cast them a pleading look.

"If you would please help me, then that would be really wonderful." Chaerin said as she bowed her head at them. "I'm sorry to inconvenience you guys like this, too."

"It's nothing new." The quartet chimed as Gina laughed knowing full well what they had meant.

"Gina mentioned that you guys have practiced the song as well and so why she was confident that you guys would be able to help me out."

The quartet shot a look at Gina who grinned at them.

"So you guys are in?"

The four looked at one another and silently agreed as this was for a good cause despite being roped into another thing of Gina's.

"Okay. So what's the group name and what song will we be performing?" Jasmine asked while getting into leader mode.

Chaerin and the other four watched her former friends audition. They could tell that Chaerin was upset by their action and seeing them up there without her hurt a lot. Chaerin didn't understand, but seeing her former friends dancing and singing without her made her realize that she didn't belong with them either. The others reassured that she would fine and that she'll make more friends throughout the

Please log in to read the full chapter