Royal May Day

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I swear, these events are way too early to deal with." Serena complained as she, Katherine, Melanie, and Jasmine were in the break room of the Student Council.

"What is the Royal May Day event, anyways?"

"It's basically a popularity contest." Gina replied with a smile.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously. Where have you been?"

"Sleeping and minding my own business because you never really bothered us about this event in the past."

Gina shot Serena a weird look while gazing at the others who shrugged with a smile. Gina got the hint as she nodded.

"Yeah, so, there will be a May King and a May Queen which will be announced later today in the late afternoon. The pair will be granted a day of royalty within reasons on school grounds and what not. There's like a mini parade that goes on, too."

"Wow. I seriously did not know that existed."

"Mmhmm. Anyways, I already had Jyurie and Natty help with minor stuff to promote Katherine the past few weeks as they wanted to help out in a different way. Now, all that's really left to do is to..." She trailed off with a knowing smile.

"Is to what?" Serena questioned, not sure if she was gonna like the answer.

"Good morning, everyone." Katherine greeted the crowd happily as she announced why she and the other three were dressed up.

"I am one of the candidates for the running of being crowned the May Queen. My friends," She motioned to the other three, "Are here to aid me in winning your votes!"

The onlookers watched the quartet, intrigued. Each of them wore a flower crown made of plum blossoms with a matching flowery face mask while wearing a simple dress of white with different colored accents. Katherine in purple, Jasmine in gold, Serena in red, and Melanie in blue.

"We are," Katherine began as they finished as a team, "Royal Ladies."

They introduced themselves one by one with Katherine starting it, then Melanie, next Jasmine, and Serena ending the introduciton.

"I'm Royal Purple."

"I'm Royal Blue."

"I'm Royal Gold."

"And I'm Royal Red and please watch over us kindly."

Katherine continued the speech.

"Anyways, please vote for Royal Purple if you're satisfied with the performances. The Student Council will be able calculate the votes for me."

She glanced at her friends and then at the other staff aiding them with the performances bit so early in the morning.

"We'll be performing a few songs for you and the first song will be, Closer. Please enjoy!"

The quartet got into formation and when the song began did Melanie sing first. The group rearranged the choreography to fit their small team. As the song came to an end, Jasmine got ready to announced the next song.

"Thank you and the second song we'll be perfomring is Secret Garden. Do enjoy!"

Once again the quartet got into formation with Katherine starting out the song this time. Once again the choreography was rearranged to accomodate their team of four compared to the original. When the song came to an end did Serena announced the third song.

"Hello, hello. Hope y'all are enjoying our performances so far. Anyways, the next song is Fireworks! Hope you like it!"

The crowd grew with every one and the four really had to thank Gina for the performances, but also towards Natty and Jyurie for helping out the past few weeks, too. When the song ended did the group of four take a small breather before Melanie spoke.

"Hope y'all are getting them votes in! This will be our second to last song that we'll be performing."

Some of the people booed at the fact that it would be ending soon.

"Anyways, without further ado, please enjoy, The Fifth Season!"

Once more the group got into formation and danced the dance with the same flair as the original, but rearranged to fit them the best. Katherine announced the last song once The Fifth Season ended.

"Alright, everyone, this will be our last song."

The crowd booed once more, but Katherine just chuckled before speaking again.

"So the last song we'll be performing is, Dun Dun Dance. Dance and sing along if you know it!"

She motioned at the other three like how Jasmine would do in the past.

"1, 2," Katherine began.

"We're Royal Ladies! Thank you!"

They finished as a team and got into formation one last time. A majority of the crowd sang and danced along with the quartet. The twins caught sight of familiar faces and threw them finger hearts although this confused the other two, but they continued on like it was a natural thing. When the song came to an end, the quartet thanked the crowd once more as they bowed. Most of the crowd disperse while several stuck around.

"Hey, can we get a picture with you ladies?"

A group of guys came up to them with eager faces.

"Y'all were amazing and we wanna share this moment with you girls!"

"Um, sure." Jasmine answered for them and they quickly posed.

"Thank you!"

The group of young men hurried to take a few photos of the quartet before thanking them and running off all giddy.

"That's kinda cute." Serena mused as Melanie nudged her.

"Maybe you'l

Please log in to read the full chapter