4. COMING OF AGE CEREMONY

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shall We Dance soon came to an end and all the couples bowed to one another before bowing to the audience and then parted from one another. The males returned to their seats along with Seola while the females returned to the front. DJ Amourette had turned back on the quintet's head-mics soon after.

"I hope you all enjoyed the lovely waltz that we just did." Skyler announced with a breathless tone. "The girls have one more performance before they take in your guys' requests. So please enjoy and while AxA performs, please also take this time to go up to DJ Amourette to put in a song request! Thank you!"

Skyler returned to her seat as the four girls got into their formation. All the girls debated if they should ever introduced the song and the reasons why it was chosen or being performed, but Skyler disagreed and stated that it wasn't fun if the audience knew. Plus, it was more suspenseful and awkward this way if no one knew who the girls were and why the sensual songs were chosen. Oh and another thing, Skyler really wanted the attention mainly on Hansol and his friends since the large group were young and single. It made sense for them to get a tad bit more attention than the rest of the crowd. Anyways, Serena started out the song first as Park Jiyoon's Coming of Age Ceremony began to play.

[SERENA] Hey you, why are you hesitating?
I know you want me right now in front of you
[MELANIE] I know what you want
What you're waiting for, just come here
[JASMINE] I'm no longer that little girl
You used to know
I'm a woman now
[KATHERINE] I'm thankful that you've waited for me
Now I'll become a woman at your kiss

[ALL] I'm not a little girl anymore
Don't hesitate any longer
As much as you waited
I've waited for this day too
Give me twenty stems of roses
So I can feel your love
I close my eyes as I wait for you

[SERENA] Hey you, I want to give you permission
To give me your love
[MELANIE] Teach me how love
Is so sweet and fragrant
[JASMINE] You were always suffering
And waiting
My heart hurt too watching you
[KATHERINE] But now there is no reason to wait anymore
Since the day came

[ALL] I'm not a little girl anymore
Don't hesitate any longer
As much as you waited
I've waited for this day too
Give me twenty stems of roses
So I can feel your love
I close my eyes as I wait for you

During the dance innerlude the quartet were each given five roses by Skyler's staffs planned before head. They went around passing out the flowers while keeping up that whole sultry vibe as they moved about. The four females made sure that one was given to her as the birthday girl while the rest could be given to anyone else. Skyler reminded them that they had to make sure to give one each to someone else in Hansol's group. All for entertainment purposes, but the four knew that it was all just to rile up for some dramatic flair. Skyler really loved that sort of thing.

Melanie handed one of her roses to Skyler as she was the closes to her. Skyler patted Melanie's cheeks in thanks, but also knew that her friend dislike the whole cute gestures and did it anyways. Then Melanie handed one to a woman several years older than her that appeared bored who brightened up upon receiving the flower. Next was to a young boy who reached out to receive one and was giddy when Melanie placed one in his hand. The fourth rose was given to a cute toddler who's head kept drooping and Melanie found the child adorable. Once reaching Hansol's table Melanie gave her final her rose to her cousin, Ten, just to surprise him as he would never know it was her. Ten was shocked and confused on receiving one, but accepted it anyways while shooting Melanie a small heart sign to which Melanie only flashed him a small smile in return. While walking away Melanie felt a hard stare directed at her and glanced back to see Taeyong looking at her.

Serena went quickly about handing out her roses as she didn't want to dawdle too much with the crowd. She offered a flower to a woman that was clearly upset about something, but stayed silent about it. The woman's mood brightened upon receiving the rose. Serena moved on and saw an eldery couple who were happily enjoying themselves and gave them each one. She then handed one to some teenage boy who enthusiastically called out 'I love you' after receiving it and she smiled at him in response. The people around him all chuckled at the boy's loud confession. Serena then remembered she needed to give one to someone in Hansol's group and hurriedly made her way over. She then remembered that Melanie had given a rose to Ten and so Serena handed the last of her roses to Lucas who held her hand in thanks before letting go. Serena quickly walked away missing the way Yuta had looked at her.

Jasmine took her sweet time as she gave one to a little girl who had reached out for a flower, but then became shy when Jasmine actually appeared in front of her. Jasmine saw an older man giving her finger hearts and after giving him a flower the man made a large heart over his head and Jasmine chuckled at the gesture while giving him a small finger heart in return. Jasmine soon spotted a pair of male twins and gave them each a rose. They couldn't look at Jasmine after that and she chuckled at their reaction. When she realized she had one more flower left, Jasmine happily made it over to Hansol's table. She handed it to Haechan as he was one of her favorites even though they've never interacted as she couldn't be obvious with giving one to Johnny as well. Haechan accepted the flower and stuck his tongue out at Johnny upon receiving one, but Johnny laughed and clapped good-naturedly. Jasmine flashed him a small smile before turning away and returning to the front.

Katherine was a little slower than the others, but she had the brightest smile upon giving them out. She gave one each to Skyler's parents who were surprised that they would be given one. Katherine flashed them a kind smile and hope that this maybe would help Skyler and her step-mother to grow closer with one another, too. Katherine's attention then was captured by a baby with a cat ears head band and instantly handed one to the child, but realized the baby was too young to grab it and instead offered it to the mother who accepted it happily. Katherine moved on and gave her fourth rose to a granny who she thought was smiling the happinest out of all the guests here. Afterwards Katherine dreaded going to Hansol's group, but she it up and nonchalantly made her way over. She avoided Jaehyun's side and gave the last flower to Taeil, one of the few she recognized thanks to Jasmine. Once leaving, she ignored Jaehyun and how he was looking at her.

When all four returned to the front of the area did they resumed their dancing with Melanie and Katherine finishing up their parts before finishing it as a group.

[MELANIE] I'm no longer that little girl
You used to know
I'm a woman now
[KATHERINE] I'm thankful that you've waited for me
Now I'll become a woman at your kiss

[ALL] I'm not a little girl anymore
Don't hesitate any longer
As much as you waited
I've waited for this day too
Give me twenty stems of roses
So I can feel your love
I close my eyes as I wait for you

When the quartet finished they once again stood in a line with Serena talking now.

"Hope you love that performance and to those that received a rose, much love to you. To those that didn't, still a lot of love your way. Anyways, we're going to take a short break for a breather as we review the song requests you have submitted so far. If you haven't put one in and you want to request, then you can still do so at this time while we're on break. For now, DJ Amourette will continue to play music until our return. Thank you."

After that the quartet bowed while rushing off to DJ Amourette's booth who began playing a mashup of old school KPOP mix. Everyone was either bopping their heads or just talking among one another. No one really went to the dance floor and just stayed where they were. While the four females went over the list of what people had wanted them to

Please log in to read the full chapter