Yama-chan

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you're mad about what Chungha did.. I'm beyond upset because I let that happened" Mina told Momo staring deeply into her eyes while the other girl is trying her best to catch her breath.

"I- yeah- I'm.. I'm gonna head o-on and sleep..so-so good night!" Momo forced the words out before she quickly went to their shared bedroom- not knowing how to act in front of the fox princess after what just occurred, heart is still beating erratically.  Momo jump on her bed, clutching at her pillow as she tries to scream internally. 

"What just happened?!?" She asked herself, panicking over the kiss even though it was the second time- maybe because our farmer protagonist felt something different, maybe, just maybe. Momo released a deep breath and when she hears someone approaching, she covered herself with the duvet and pretended to be asleep. 

"Get up. I know you're not asleep. " Mina speaks and so Momo fake a snore to prove that she is indeed sleeping to which she is not, hence, the probability of her catching sleep after what just occurred is close to zero. Mina not having any of it pulled Momo to sit up. Momo was about to whine when she felt a towel on top of her head, Mina is now drying her hair. 

"How did you manage to live alone when you can't even properly dry your hair?" Mina reprimanded Momo who can't afford to look at the vixen's face, then Momo felt a soft hand cupping her cheeks, Mina's face is inching closer to hers. 

"Are you alright? Your face... It's hot and...  red" Mina asked and Momo tried to get away from the other girl but Mina still held her cheeks. 

"I'm sorry I let her kiss you" Mina apologized in a whisper as Momo got lost in her brown orbs, their lips were only centimeters apart when Momo pulled away and slightly pushed Mina by the shoulder. 

"M-my hair is dry enough, I'll sleep now. Thank you and good night." Momo told her as she hands Mina the slightly damp towel before tucking herself in bed and turning her back on Mina. The fox princess blink a couple of times, processing what just happened before she got off the bed and out of the room seemingly not in the good mood.

"Someone seems to be in a sour mood. " Tzuyu mused upon seeing the look on Mina's face when she arrived at the living room. 

"Remind me to damn Chungha in oblivion when we see her" Mina replied with a frown as she slumps on the couch adjacent to Tzuyu's,  earning a chuckle from the latter. 

"She still saved you both though" Tzuyu responded earning a snarl from Mina. 

"That doesn't mean she is forgiven."

"What happened anyway? Why are you so mad at Chungha?" Tzuyu questioned but Mina didn't answer, she just turned  her back on the wolf girl. 

"I don't wanna talk about it. I'm gonna sleep, be quiet." Mina ordered that Tzuyu could only shake her head and laugh. 

"You're not sleeping next to her? I'll take the space there instead then." Tzuyu teased earning a growl from Mina. 

"Go ahead. Consider Gucci dead if you carry on with that." Tzuyu's eyes widen at what she heard making her stop munching the nuts that she is eating. 

"Oi! That's over the top!" Tzuyu reacted as she threw some of the cashew nuts at Mina's back. 

Morning came and Momo woke up late than usual since she wasn't able to get a good ol sleep she wanted and needed last night for a certain fox deed is running inside of her head, groggily  Momo got out of her bed and went to the kitchen where she sees that breakfast is already prepared, she was about to take a sit but Tzuyu didn't allow her. 

"I'm afraid you can't eat yet, Mina is calling for you at the living room" Tzuyu told her making Momo stare at the girl before her for a sec. 

"Ehh?" Momo lets out and so Tzuyu pointed the way to the living room for her. Momo was about to protest but Tzuyu gave her the eye, effectively scaring the girl. "I swear, she took it at heart when I didn't allow her pet here" Momo thought to herself as she stomps her way to the living room where she sees Mina sitting on the couch one leg over the other, arms crossed over her chest and there were white papers, ink, brush, a basin of water and a cup that is set on top of the coffee table. Momo straightened her back when Mina's eyes landed on her as she was motioned to sit in front. 

"What's this?" Momo broke the silence as soon as she sat on the couch. 

"I'm gonna teach you something basic to protect yourself or at least to give me time to protect you" Mina told her and upon taking a closer look at the objects on top of the table, Momo noticed that those white papers were like the talisman Mina used to create a barrier. Momo sighed for she's hungry. 

"Can we do this later? I'm-" Momo can complain no more for Mina gave her a sharp glance, sharper than Tzuyu's. "O-okay if you say so" Momo muttered looking down. 

"I want you to get a talisman and turn this water into a sake" Mina told her referring to the water in the wooden basin, Momo's eyes almost bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter