She's mine

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good Morning Momo~" A female with a short hair and a mole on the chin, clad in a black  kimono entered her room making Momo confused. "Ehh?" Momo replied as she stops stuffing with food, the new girl laughs at the sight for Momo has her cheeks full like a squirrel while there's bit of rice scattered around . "It's me.. your Yama, remember?" The girl replied as she takes the piece of rice off Momo's face. Momo chokes on the food and her eyes almost pops out of it socket at what she heard, Yama, taken aback when Momo started coughing immediately gave Momo water to drink as she rubs her back. "Y-you're Yama-chan??" Momo exclaimed as the girl nod in reply. "But my real name is Chae.. I've always wanted to show you my true self but I'm scared thinking that I'll terrify you" The girl replied looking down fumbling at the hem of her sleeves. " It's okay,I think I'm used to it" Momo chuckles. "I've been living with the likes of you for I don't know how long now"

"I should really think twice before helping an animal, they all are turning into humans" Momo thought to herself.

"Why is the fox princess here with you?" Yama- or Chae asked the question she'd been dying to ever since she saw the familiar face when she sets foot on Momo's land.

"They've been living here to protect me for the mean time-" Momo couldn't continue when Chae lean on her and with wide eyes she said in determination. "I can protect you! I always have and always will" Momo chuckles at what she heard before she moved her right hand,placing it on top of Chae's head, patting her. "I still can't believe you're a yokai as well Yama~" The other girl pout at the statement.

"Do you hate me now?"

"I can never hate you" Momo grin ruffling Yama's hair. Chae took Momo's hand off of her head as she held it with hers, eyes fixate on the soft hand. "Please make them leave...that kitsune is dangerous, she'll only hurt you" Chae said solemnly as she play with Momo's hand. Momo got confused, retracting her hand from the girl. "Mina could never do that-"

"You don't fully now her" Chae replied looking away and Momo could see the detest in her brown orbs. "You've known me longer so please believe me."

" I'm sorry but I don't think I can.. Speaking of Mina, have you seen her?" Momo asked as Chae's expression turn sad before she answered.

"The Queen called for them, it was urgent so she and the wolf left already"

"T-they did?" Momo reassured can't seem to believe that the two left her, Chae nodded in reply earning a sigh from Momo- well it was urgent so maybe they are badly needed at the kingdom.

"Did you make my breakfast?" Momo questioned as Chae cracked a huge toothy grin, nodding eagerly. "Yes! Did you like it? Did it taste good? How was it? How was it?" She asked jumping on Momo making the other girl laugh at her.

"It was good! It was good. Thank you Yama- no.. thank you Chae" Momo responded and Chae couldn't be more than happy at what she heard. "It's also a form of apology since a wrecked you room, but it's okay now.. I've fixed everything already" Chae told her, spreading her arms to show Momo what she did. Momo looked around and Chae indeed fixed everything like nothing happened.

"I'm sorry I picked a fight on her and it ruined your room" She apologized. "It's okay, she'll pick a fight on almost anyone." Momo laughs. "They were bullying you so I understand" She added as she once again pats the other girl's head before standing up and collecting the dishes.

"I should get up and do my daily chores"

"I've already finished tending the crops and feeding the sun-sun couple" Chae informed her as she followed Momo to the kitchen. Momo smiled at the thoughtfulness while she washed the dishes.

"Thank-"

"I've also piled and burned the leaves and took out the weeds" Chae chirped, seated on the counter as she sways her feet back and forth, watching Momo wash the plates.

"You didn't have to! That was too much"

"It's okay, I wanted to do it anyway."

"Your cat form, is that how you really look like?" Momo asked out of curiosity as she turns to face Chae, who shook her head as an answer before jumping off the counter and turning into a huge striped cat with two tails.

"T-tiger!?"

---

Mina is lying on top of the branch of an old oak tree inside the forest with her eyes closed when she felt a something landed on her, she opened her eyes took a hold of the talisman as it slowly burns and the smoke forms a message.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter