Off to an adventure

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Sana and Mina reached the land where Momo and Tzuyu is at, they found Tzuyu gasping for air while enduring the wound on her left shoulder. 

"Who did this-"

"Look out!!" Tzuyu yelled, a bull emitting a dark evil aura is charging at the two, thankfully they manage to dodge it with Mina counter attacking with her blue flame but she was confused when Tzuyu deflected it with her katana, giving the bull a chance to hit her with its enormous sharp horn grazing at Tzuyu's side, leaving a cut. Tzuyu jump away hissing at her new wound.

"Why did you do that?" Mina asked her. "That's sunny, he was possessed by a hollow. He's the one responsible for the death of Sunshine."

" Why aren't you attacking this monster!?" Sana yelled dodging the possessed bull's attack but it manage to whip her back with its tail, ripping the back her clothes, Sana groaned. "Like I said!! It's Sunny! It's Momo's pet!" Tzuyu shouted in response upon hearing that it owns by Momo, Sana could only huffs as she ran away from the bull.

"I told you! You can kill him, it's fine with me." Momo told them fighting back her tears, if killing Sunny is the only way to stop him, they have to do it. "Well you heard her! Kill it!" Sana exclaimed summoning her sword. "Sana if you harmed that animal, I'll go after you." Mina warned eliciting yet another groan from Sana who retreats her weapon, Tzuyu had been attacked by the monster but the latter never fights back Mina doesn't want that to be put off.

"I'll distract the bull, Sana use your spell to cast the hollow out and Tzuyu you stay by Momo and take a rest." Mina commanded them. Sana grumbled but followed Mina's request as she took out her scroll. She bit her thumb, using the blood that oozes to write her spell. Sana started chanting out loud, annoying the bull as it is about to charge at Sana but Mina who assumed her fox form prevented it from happening by tackling the bull, enraging it more. The demon bull wailed as it ran after Mina who managed to outrun the beast but what took Mina off guard was when it pounds on the ground causing the surface to shake making Mina lose her balance as she stumble. Momo saw this and it got her so worried but she couldn't do anything but to watch her, hand gripping on her pants in hopes to ease the nerves but no avail. Sana chanted even louder, catching the attention of the bull again who now aims at her, Sana can't move when she's casting out hollows as it requires so much energy. Mina got alarmed, she quickly ran over in defense of Sana, Mina got there just in time to protect her sister but not enough for herself, the left horn stab on her abdomen, blood trickles down, Mina hissed. "Sana! aren't you done yet!?" Mina grunted holding on the horn so that the bull won't move.

"Mina!!!" Momo gasped standing up and running over where they're at, Tzuyu tried to stop her but she was exhausted from getting battered up by the bull.

"Sunny please stop~" She cried hugging the beast and upon Momo's contact with it, the dark aura emitting from the bull vanished. Mina and Sana saw this, shocking them at how fast Momo was able to cast out the hollow that even Sana can't. The bull's knees buckle as it collapse on the ground having a hard time to breathe, blood ooze out of its nose and mouth for it was pushed pass its limits. Momo cried watching her pet painfully die in her embrace.

"You can now rest... You've worked hard" Momo muttered just then Sunny released his last moo, Momo sobs hard... then she remembered Mina.

"Mina are you alright??" Momo asked looking up, pulling Mina away from her trance.

"I- I'm fine, I'll heal fast... I'm sorry we couldn't save him" Mina responded apologetically. Momo turn to look at her now lifeless Sunny, tears trickling down her face, she cried even harder, leaning her forehead on the bull. Sana looked away clenching her fist, for she felt she was useless. Mina, Tzuyu and Sana stayed silent as they let Momo mourn for her dead pets.

By night time Sunny and Sunshine are buried as Momo sat by their grave after putting flowers on their death bed, she just sat their quietly looking over their grave then she felt a presence sat beside her.

"I'm sorry..." She heard Sana apologize. "If only I managed to cast out the hollows fast we would've saved him." Sana said looking down.

"But you tried and still managed to cast them out of Sunny that's more than enough Satang" Momo replied and Sana couldn't believe what she heard, Momo didn't know she cast off the hollows herself. "I didn't cast them off.." She said, "You did, you freed the bull from agony."

" Sana, now is not the right time to joke around" Sana frowned, "I'm not joking around, my spell isn't complete yet but the hollows vanished the moment you touched the bull."

" I couldn't possibly do that.."

"It's rare but humans can acquire such power... guess you really are destined to be with my sister."

" She sure is." Mina responded taking a sit on the other side of Momo.

"Is your wound ok?" Momo asked referring to her bandaged abdomen. Mina smile. " It's fine."

" Oi! How about Tzuyu??" Sana asked. "She's ok but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter