Flower buds and Goblins

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dinner was nothing but intimidating for Momo, now she's just so happy that it was over, sitting in a huge dining area surrounded by ethereal creatures made the farmer uneasy and even though the food served to her looked so goddamn tasty she wasn't able to enjoy it. She releases a breath thanking God that she managed to overcome that dinner as she hopes to return home soon. Sitting in front of the mirror inside her room Momo takes the ornaments off of her hair one by one while staring at her own reflection. 

"I don't look like myself" She chuckles. "It's as if I'm sitting in front of a princess" Momo continued talking to herself when another voice answered. 

"Well technically you are" Mina speaks suddenly appearing behind Momo as she helps taking the gold pins off Momo's hair.  Momo's heart skipped a bit at the vixen's gesture before heat enveloped her face. 

"You're my fiance remember?" Mina added successfully taking off all the hairpins as she let Momo's hair down. The human girl seemed to be lose of words as she just stares at the woman's reflection. Mina already has her long straight hair down and is now wearing a less fancy red and white kimono nonetheless, she still looks undeniably gorgeous. 

"May I?" Mina asked Momo who was spacing out, raising a porcelain comb requesting for permission to let her brush the human girl's hair to which Momo replied with a nod. 

"I would like to apologize..." Mina muttered eyes focused on softly brushing Momo's hair. "I know how uncomfortable you felt during the whole dinner."

"I'm gonna lie if I tell you that I'm all good hence I was suffering the whole meal and-and not to mention there were too many utensils in front of me!" Momo whines earning a chuckle from Mina. 

"Sorry I wasn't able to inform you about that, my mother was just too eager to see you" Mina replied putting the comb aside fixing Momo's hair a little bit more with her hand. 

"Speaking of Jihyo, is she a sun or something? She was shining the whole dinner I almost got blind" Momo asked turning to face Mina. 

"Did you just call the queen by her first name??" Mina questioned earning a shrug from Momo. 

"What about it? She said I can call her by her name, anyway she's really really pretty- ow!" Momo couldn't finish her compliment when Mina gave her a flick on the forehead, Momo gave her a glare rubbing on the sore spot. 

"Will we be able to go home now?" Momo asked

"Yeah sure, I'll tell Tzuyu to prepare the carriage but I want to show you something first" Mina responded, Momo tilted her head in confusion as Mina offered her hand. 

"You coming or what? It's rude to make the future queen wait." Mina told her with a frown and Momo can't help but to roll her eyes though she still stood up and accepted the vixen's hand. Mina pulled Momo close to her telling the latter to hold on tight before they disappeared in thin air. 

Upon arriving to the place only God knows where Momo could feel her world spinning not liking the idea of their mode of travel. 

"W-we could have just walk instead!" Momo hissed holding on the stone wall for support. "God my stomach feels weird"

"I hate walking" Mina replied walking towards the vine covered wall, she moved it away and there was a passage hiding behind. "Follow me. " Mina speaks as she walk inside with Momo following behind.

"What are we doing here anyway?" Momo asked, the tunnel was a bit dark with only Mina's flame lighting their way. 

"Well.. " Mina stopped her track as she turn to face Momo with a mischievous side smile. "It's about time for me to show you how we'll have a heir." Mina whispered softly holding on Momo's black locks. "I hope you're ready." She added,  planting a kiss on the girl's hair, as Momo froze on the spot. Mina couldn't hold it anymore she laughed so hard. 

"I swear if I can read mind, I'll see something indecent inside of that" Mina told Momo while tapping her forehead and Momo can't help but to blush, Mina's playing with her again. 

"Anyway,  just follow me and you'll see." Mina continue to walk still chuckling while Momo remain rooted at her place. "She'll be the death of me." Momo muttered to herself, holding to her thumping chest before releasing a sigh. 

"Mina I swear of you'll do anything funny I'll-" Momo couldn't continue for when she walked pass the vine such a wonderful sight unfold before her as the smell of spring flowers filled her nostrils. With a   bright smile Mina asked. "You were saying?"

"Woah, this is amazing" Momo blurted out never would she thought that the tunnel is hiding something this beautiful, there were many flowers that Momo only sees today, huge trees surrounding the place and the shimmering lake- Momo can't helped but to feel relaxed. 

"Come here" Mina called patting the place next to her and Momo came towards her. "You see those flower buds on top of the lilies?" Mina asked pointing at the floating lilies,  Momo answered with a nod. 

"That's where we came from, once the flower blooms a new spirit is born" Mina told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter