Get the flower

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for accompanying me Chae-chan~" Momo cooed as they venture into the mouth of the forest. Chaeyoung smiled happily, puffing her chest out to show her might."I will never leave your side! With me around you're safe!" She announced acting alert, earning her a hearty laugh from Momo but it faded when the latter remembered how Mina looked earlier.

 

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked upon noticing the shift of emotion on Momo's face. "I'm just worried for Tzuyu and Mina." She admitted, sad that she failed to see that Mina was hiding her pain." Don't think too much about it, those two are strong. I'm sure a poison isn't enough to bring them down. "

 

" You're right, I should focus on getting the flower as fast as I can. " Momo exclaimed a determined look on her face as she fist pump in the air, Chaeyoung gaze at her with a wide grin and they carried on moving.

 

Morning light had already succumb to the darkness of the night when Momo and Chaeyoung decided to settle in for a camp- Momo didn't want to stop but Chaeyoung insisted for she noticed the shaking of the farmers feet they've already venture in deep inside the forest without stopping. Lighting up the fire before they nestle right under a huge tree with their back leaning on its trunk, comfortable silence surrounds them until one question from Chaeyoung breaks it.

 

"Momo~ what if someone did something really horrible to you, will you be able to forgive them?" Momo looked up confused at the sudden question, blinking for a few times before answering.

 

"I don't know.. I haven't been in that kind of situation yet but if they asked for forgiveness maybe I will." Momo replied earning a several nod from the other. "Where did this question come from?" She asked back.

 

" Just some random thought." Chaeyoung shrugged with a chuckle before she looked up, staring at particularly nothing but the darkness of the night. "Because if it was me... I don't think I can ever forgive" she mumbled so low Momo wasn't able to catch it.

 

" You should sleep, we'll start our journey again before daybreak. Yama-chan will guard you tonight!" Chaeyoung enthusiastically said grinning at Momo who by now already had a droopy eyes.

 

"I won't sleep too-" Momo couldn't continue when Chae blew a sleeping mist on her. "Stubborn as always" She giggled.

 

Momo is fast asleep on the Cat spirit's shoulder, a cloak covering her from the coldness of the night while Chae remained alert, dedicated on guarding the human girl with her. 

 

The supposed peaceful night got interrupted when Chaeyoung heard a rustle, fast breaking of twigs, and the stench of a rotten egg- knowing that foul smell, she took out a kunai and aimed it to where the sound was coming. Just as she threw her kunai, a goblin jumped out ready to attack them, oblivious to the sharp object it's about to meet. Chaeyoung successfully hit it between its eyes.

 

---

 

"Good Morning! How's sleep?" Chaeyoung asked in the process of breaking the loaf of bread, when Momo had woken up from slumber. "You forced me to sleep!" Momo grunted rubbing her eyes, "I had enough of you spirits using your magics and what not on me" she grumbled to herself earning just a hearty laugh from the other who handed her the bread and a slice of cheese.

 

"You needed sleep tho~ the journey is far and dangerous for a human like you, sleep is the only way to have you in best condition" Chaeyoung told her while stretching limbs reminding Momo of the days she was disguising as a cat, Momo can't helped but to smile at the sight, even in human form Chaeyoung still looks like a cat.

 

"Alright, alright I won't argue anymore" Momo replied munching on her bread, "Did you sleep get to sleep?" She asked earning a shrug. 

 

"I'm a spirit I don't need to sleep that much."

 

"No wonder, you didn't grow" Momo snickered drinking water causing the other entity to whip her head towards her, clearly offended by the remark.

 

" What did you say??" Chaeyoung huffs, her brows meeting and nose flaring but she did not look intimidating at all, in fact she looks adorable.

 

" Nothing" Momo feign innocence triggering the other one even more.

 

" No! I clearly heard you mocking my height!" She yelled. Momo laughs at the outburst never thinking that the cat spirit is sensitive when it comes to height. "Just so you know, it was my decision to appear like this! It's convenient! I don't have to duck all the time and I can fit small spaces" Chaeyoung reprimanded.

 

" Alright, alright I'm sorry-" Momo couldn't continue when Chaeyoung motioned her to stop. "What is it?" Momo asked in a low whisper. "We have to go now, I smell goblins." Chae replied. And so they started their journey deeper inside the forest in search of the flower.

 

---

 

After a really long and tiring walk they've finally reached a cave that's heavily covered by vines that it's hard to find where the passageway is with the human sight, thankfully she had Chaeyoung with her and as they were about to enter, they heard a click of tongue.

 

"Entering someone's territory without permission tsk! Human's really do have a foul attitude" They heard before a huge entity wearing a red demon mask and a cloak made of straw appeared sitting on a boulder that's set on the side, before the mouth of the cave. Momo froze upon meeting eye contact with the spirit before her for its eyes clearly shows the detest it has by their action, this must be the Namahage.

 

"I-I deeply apologize we didn't see so we thought-" Momo tried to apologize but the Namahage wave it off. "So you thought what? That you can just simply enter without permission? Human's who try to justify their wrong doings are what I detest the most, you creatures disgust me beyond words! Just seeing your fleshy appearance makes me wanna-" The Namahage couldn't continue when Chaeyoung who had enough of the badmouthing coming from the other, pounced at the spirit who instantly disappeared and reappeared again, this time on the other side still sitting on the other boulder there. 

 

"I don't know why you're so mad when I'm simply telling the truth" It said, " why you-"

 

" Chae stop" Momo butted in, " I'm really sorry for everything, we didn't mean to be rude, we came here to ask for the flower-"

 

" Ha! I knew it! Your kind really is nothing but a bunch of disgusting parasite" The Namahage spits, Chaeyoung's jaw slackened in annoyance glaring at the foul mouthed spirit before them.

 

"Watch your mouth! She came all the way here on foot just to get the flower for your sick damn princess" Chaeyoung hissed back as the namahage froze for a millisecond before it scoffs.

 

"I couldn't careless about that, I don't belong to any kingdom. I live solely for myself-"The Namahage was taken aback along with Chaeyoung when Momo kneeled and bow down, her forehead hitting the ground. "I'm really sorry for everything but please let me have the flower... My friends are suffering right now, they really need it" Momo begs.

 

" Momo stand up, don't do that." Chaeyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter