Chapter 21

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo slowly opened her eyes, the ceiling of her room welcomed her. She slowly sat up feeling light headed and parched. "Hey~ don't move too much" a woman quickly went up to support her to help her sit properly. "What happened?" Her voice cracked and it felt weird, it's as if she haven't been speaking in a long while.

 

"It looks like you've been robbed" The woman told her as she handed Momo a glass of water. "I was on my way, when I saw you passed out nearby the fences of your property,you were badly injured that I thought you wouldn't make it." 

 

"My head hurts... How long was I out?" Momo asked pinching the bridge of her nose. " Three weeks." The other woman replied and Momo's eyes almost pop out of its socket." You were taking care of me for three whole weeks!??" Momo exclaimed causing the other woman to grimaced.

 

" Well, I can't just leave someone that is dying. That would heavily weigh my conscience and would haunt me for the rest of my life knowing I could do something to help." The other woman explain and Momo is eternally grateful for her. " I don't know how I could ever repay you for your kindness." 

 

"Don't mention it, just don't die...  Uhmm do you remember what happened to you?" The woman asked and Momo could only shake her head no for her mind is hazy and everything is a blur.

 

"I have no memory of how I ended up like this..."

 

"That's.. that's bad, we won't be able to trace who did this to you." The woman said looking concern, then it downed to Momo that she haven't asked her name yet, how rude of her.

 

" May I know your name? I should at least properly thank you for taking care of me" Momo asked her earning a small smile from the other. " It's San-" The woman couldn't continue for she cleared before speaking again. "Shasha, you can call me Shasha."

 

"Thank you, Shasha. I'm probably dead by now if it weren't for you." Momo told her bowing her head as a sign of gratefulness.

 

"It's nothing, I'm sure you'd do that as well. I've made a congee, you should eat, you're probably starving." The woman named Shasha suggested as she hands Momo a bowl of congee that she was about to feed her earlier. 

 

While eating Momo remembered her crops and cows. "Oh no! Sun-sun couple-" Momo put the bowl down on her side table as she tried to stand up but her legs are still weak that they gave up. Momo almost fell on the floor luckily Shasha was able to catch her. "Don't just stand up like that! You just woken up from deep sleep!" Shasha exclaimed but Momo desperately wanted to stand. " My cows! They're probably famished! I need to feed them quick!"

 

" Momo they're gone..." Shasha told her making Momo stop and stay still. She looked down, extremely saddened by the news. "I've been here for three weeks and not even once did I hear a cow's moo...They were probably taken by the robbers too." Momo's tears fell at the unfortunate news.

 

"I'm extremely sorry for what happened" Shasha muttered as she looks at Momo who in return shook her head and wiped her tears. "No, don't be. It's not your fault. I'm lucky enough that I'm still alive after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter