Fishy snake

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I saw your sister ran out from that hut" Momo mumbled but enough for Mina to hear, Mina's eyes widen as many questions came surging through her head but she tried to remain calm. 

"Thank you for telling me" She said before turning to Jeongyeon and Nayeon. "Take her inside the palace and keep her safe. I'll just meet you guys there after this."Mina ordered them to do so as the two followed the command, the vixen turn her back on them as she approach the scene of the crime. Mina got inside the hut to see, there was a shattered pot and the white witch lying on the ground lifelessly. 

"It appears that she was choke to death.. The grip was so hard her neck snapped" One of their personnel told her as Mina takes her eyes off the dead spirit clenching her fist. 

"No. Sana can't do this" She told herself. "Take care of the situation. I'm gonna look for my sister. " Mina told the spirit as she got out of the hut and tried to locate Sana's scent. 

"Mina.. I heard about what happened, what can I do?" Tzuyu asked as she stops from running in front of Mina, the vixen shook her head for there was nothing to be done except to look for who did this.

"Nothing, it won't take awhile,  the witch will turn in to dust soon" Mina answered her. "Go inside and check for something suspicious. I'll just go look for someone" Mina told Tzuyu before sniffing in the air till she located the scent of a certain spirit that she'd been looking for and it was inside the palace. Mina went back inside the palace in her top speed following the trail of Sana's scent upon reaching her sibling who is inside her room Mina came barging in without knocking, taking the snake spirit off guard as it let out a shriek. 

"ing hell Mina! Can't you knock!? " Sana yelled upon seeing that it was only her sister Mina didn't speak as she approached Sana face to face staring intently at her sister's eyes. "W-what? If you have a problem tell me! Don't stare at me like that, it's creeping me out!" Sana blurted out finding Mina's gaze quiet intimidating. 

"What were you doing at the witch's hut earlier?" Mina questioned her face held nothing but seriousness, Sana's facial feature lose its natural color as she turns pale. She slumps on her bed releasing a deep sigh."It wasn't me." She answered looking up to meet Mina's brown orbs. "I didn't ask who did it, state your business with the witch" Mina ordered,  Sana look away and played with the cloth of her duvet. 

"I-I was just about to ask the witch about y-your human but I found her dead and I panicked so I ran away. I informed the guards right away tho! You can ask them" Sana told Mina and the fox princess inched towards her, face to face, analyzing of she was telling the truth before Mina gave a knock on Sana's forehead. "Coward." Mina muttered before standing up and giving Sana a smirk. 

"I'm not! It was my first time seeing someone dead okay! I panicked!" Sana huffs making Mina chuckle. 

"Whatever help you sleep at night scaredy-snake anyway I'll get going."

"Yeah yeah go back to your human for all I care" Sana spats earning a glare from Mina but Sana shrugs it as she tucks her tongue out on the vixen. 

"Uhm Mina.. " She called out right before Mina got out of her door. "I can never betray the kingdom, you know that right?" Sana more of stated than ask earning a glance and a small smile from Mina. 

"I know and I trust you" Mina replied before closing the door and as it shuts her smile disappeared for Sana might have not killed the white witch but she was lying about her reason in meeting her. 

---

Mina is still nowhere to be seen while Momo is restrained inside a huge room with Jeongyeon and Nayeon not letting her to go out. 

"Come on! I'll just look around and you'll be there to accompany me so-"

"Mistress as I've told you, it's dangerous outside and her Majesty clearly instructed to keep you safe. She'll have our heads if you are hurt" Jeongyeon told her for the nth time earning a groan from Momo as she stomps her feet. 

"But what am I gonna do inside this room? This is clearly illegal confinement!" Momo huffs as the two royal guards can't help but to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter