1. The farmer and the unexpected guests

The Fox On My Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone should be prepared, heavy rain will be pouring later at night accompanied by strong winds. It is advisable that you should not go out but if it can't be helped one must take strong precaution. Also, be ready for the sudden power loss, prepare the candles and flashlights-"

"Oh no! What about my radishes??" A 21-year-old black-haired girl named Momo panics, worried about her crops that are yet to be harvested. Momo releases a sigh and just decided to proceed in tending her crops, the usual thing she does every morning.

"Hello everyone!" She greeted the lane of radish sprouts as she sprinkle them with water from her hose "I heard that there will be a thunderstorm coming later at night, I know you all are growing up as mighty radishes so please bear with the storm. I'm counting on all of you to stay rooted alright" Momo talks to them, making sure that every sprout gets an even amount of water after doing so Momo pulled out the weeds then sweep off the fallen leaves around the fences of her property. When she's done she visited the barn where Sunshine the cow and Sunny the male one reside, carrying a bucket with her for the milk.

"Good morning Sun-Sun couple!" Momo exclaimed as she gave them the fodder and change their water to which the cows replied with a moo seemingly delighted at the sight of their owner "How are you guys?" Momo asked as she pats both of their head before putting the bucket under Sunshine to collect her milk. "There will be a storm later guys but don't be scared your house is well built, you will be safe and everything will be alright. Sunny make sure you comfort sunshine when she gets scared ok?"

"There you're done sunshine, thank you for the milk" Momo muttered, happy that she managed to fill the bucket. Momo patted them one last time before she left to store the milk then she put the carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes she harvested to her truck to deliver it to the town. She turn on the engine of her truck that she named Bessie as it roared to life ready to tackle the road. The town was a bit far from her house but Momo was able to deliver the crops before noon.

"Onee-chan!" Dahyun the 18-year-old daughter of the dealer to whom she delivers her crops greeted her.

"Hi, Dahyunie~" Momo replied as she got down from her truck after parking it.

"Momo my dear!" Tadahiko- Dahyun's father smiled at the sight of Momo.

"Hello, Uncle! I brought you carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes today loads of them" Momo said proudly as she opened her truck.

"Amazing! You didn't break your back planting these?" Tadahiko asked as he looks at the fresh crops.

"Nope. I'm a healthy kid" Momo replied as she watches the men of Tadahiko get the goods.

"Momo I heard from the news that there will be a storm coming tonight. Will you be alright on your own? You can stay here with us." Riho- Dahyun's mother asked worried about her.

"Mother is right onee-chan just stay here" Dahyun added but Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter