The Beginning of a New Rivalry?

Day by Day

Sulli felt herself blush and gritted her teeth. ".. No.. I just wanted to thank you for taking care of me, stupid." 

"Ahh... So where are you taking me Miss Sulli?" Taemin said as he buttoned up his coat. 

Sulli shrugged. "Where do you want to go?" Taemin stood there for a moment and then suddenly laughed at her. Sulli narrowed her eyes at him. "What?" 

"Aigoo.. you're asking me to go out with you but you don't even know where to go? That's not very professional. Is this your first time asking a person out?" 

"YAH. How should I know where to go? I don't go out to drink that much anyways.. I was hoping you would know a good place." She looked down. Taemin let out a big sigh and looked up at the ceiling trying to think of a place. Taemin then had an idea. He looked down at her, grinning.

"AH. I know a place. I think you might like it, too. Go grab something warm to wear. I'll wait for you outside." He gave her a smile and walked out the door. Sulli nodded and ran up the stairs. "Alright then." She opened up her closet and looked through her clothes. There's so many things to wear though...

Taemin put his hands in his pockets and plumped down on a porch swing in Sulli's front porch. It's been 25 minutes now and Sulli hasn't come out yet. He breathed out and watched his breath turn into fog. It's so cold that I can see my breath. When is she going to come out? Did she decide to stay home and leave me out here? Taemin winced and checked the front door. He stood up and tried to open it, but it was locked. She could have left the door unlocked for me. Taemin grunted. As he began pounding the door with his fists, the door flung open and hit his forehead. Taemin groaned as he rubbed his forehead. Sulli looked out over the door and laughed.

"Sorry, didn't see you there." Sulli said, still trying to control her laughter.

"Sorry? What took you so long that you kept me waiting out here in the cold?" Taemin's voice got louder as he spoke. Sulli shrugged.

"What? I couldn't decide on what to wear. You seriously can't expect me to change that quickly. You were the one who wanted to wait outside anyways." Sulli said and looked at him with an innocent smile. Taemin thought about it and scratched the back of his head and stuffed his hands in the pockets of his coat as he began walking out quietly.

"Just follow me." He mumbled without looking back at her. Sulli slowly walked from behind and glared at him. A while ago, he was kind to me and now he's like this... This guy is really confusing. She shook her head and catched up to him.

After a moment of walking in an awkward silence, they finally arrived at a cafe. 

"Huh. I didn't know they sold banana milk here." Sulli said as she walked inside. She closed her eyes and smiled as she breathed in the sweet aroma of vanilla cream. 

"I'll find a seat. Get me a cup of hot cocoa. I don't feel like drinking banana milk anymore.." Taemin said to her as he walked out of the line. Sulli observed his face as he left to look for the seats. He isn't mad at me is he? Sulli pouted and turned to the cashier lady to order their drinks.

Taemin shuffled his eyes around the room until he found a table for two people next to the glass window. He plopped down on a chair and looked out the window. He looked out of the window to see two children playing with each other in the snow. A little smile came upon his face as he watched them laughing with each other until Sulli came with their drinks and sat on a chair across him. Taemin immediately sipped on his drink, but said nothing. 

"You're really thirsty aren't you? Well, you could have at least said thank you." Sulli giggled. 

"Thank you Miss Sulli. Are you happy now?" He gave her half hearted smile and continued to drink his hot cocoa. Sulli thought of something for a moment then brought her face up close to Taemin's. Taemin's eyes grew big.

"What are you doing? Your face is so close it's making me uncomfortable" Taemin jumped as Sulli's face came close to his. His eyes dashed back and forth as he felt himself blush a little.

"Taemin-ah, can I call you Taeminnie?" Sulli gave him a cute smile. Taemin rolled his eyes and pushed her face away.

"No." He shouted like a little kid and continued to sip on his hot cocoa. 

"That's too bad, I'm calling you that anyways." Sulli playfully did an evil chuckle and went back to drinking her own hot cocoa.

Taemin mumbled something and Sulli laughed at him. Then Sulli thought of something and stopped laughing.

"Hey Taemin, aren't your parents going to be worried about you since you were gone for the whole day?" She said with a worried expression. Taemin shook his head.

"No, I live alone." Taemin said with a straight face.

"Really? Why?" Sulli looked surprised. As Taemin was about to say something until a high pitched voice called out his name from behind him. Sulli looked up and Taemin looked from behind to find a short haired, beak nosed girl with incredibly big eyes gushing over Taemin with a couple of other girls behind her. Taemin turned back with his cheek resting on his fist frowning and sighed. Here we go... 

"TAEMIN-OPPA. I didn't know you were here." The girl jumped on Taemin's lap and swung her arms around his neck. Of course you didn't. Taemin thought and turned his head to the side, annoyed as he rolled his eyes at her. Sulli couldn't help but chuckle. The girl stopped smiling and glared at Sulli. Sulli then stopped laughing and awkwardly continued to drink. 

"Oppa, who's that?" The girl pointed at Sulli with a look of disgust. 

"Ah hello my name's Sulli. What's your name?" Sulli gave the girl a warm smile.

"I didn't ask you." The girl sneered at Sulli and went back to smile at Taemin. Sulli, embarassed, stopped smiling and made a face at her. 

"Minhee, please get off of me." Taemin mumbled. The girl ignored his words and continued gushing over him. Sulli noticed how uncomfortable he was and almost felt sorry for him, so she thought of something.

"Taeminnie, we're almost late!" Sulli grabbed Taemin's arm and shook Minhee off of him as she got him off of his seat. Minhee fell down the floor and yelped. The customers looked at her startled. Taemin looked at Sulli, surprised and confused at her action.

"Let's go, oppa." Sulli wrapped her arm around Taemin's and looked back at Minhee, giving her a cute eye smile. Minhee gave Sulli a death glare as the other girls were trying to help her up.

"LET ME GO!" Minhee scoffed at Sulli and screamed at the girls and whipped her arms at them. The girls jumped and backed away. Taemin looked back at Sulli. Did she just call me oppa? Taemin thought as he walked off with Sulli, still confused. 

As they came further out the door, Sulli let go of Taemin's arm and began to stretch. 

"You're welcome." Sulli gave Taemin a bright smile. Taemin scratched the back of his head. 

"Thanks..." Taemin gave her a little smile. Sulli bobbed her head and smiled back. She looked down on the ground full of snow and grabbed a handful of snow.

"Taemin, don't you just love winter? It's so nice." Taemin suddenly stopped smiling and frowned.

"I don't like the winter.." Taemin murmured. 

"What do you when it's winter then?" Sulli gasped.

"I don't know.. stay home?" Taemin shrugged. 

Sulli shook her head at him, then her face lit up. Taemin stared at her face, his eyes bulging. Oh great. She has an idea. She grabbed Taemin's hand. Taemin felt her soft hands touch his and his face grew red. 

"I'm not letting you waste your time this winter." She smiled and pulled him so that he would follow her. Taemin stumbled along following her. Where is she taking me? Taemin stared at her hands, then gulped. Why am I feeling so nervous around her? I shouldn't be.. she's just a girl.. right?

 

So this chapter was just to introduce a new character. c: Please comment and have a nice day~