Minho and Krystal's Story

Day by Day

Minho walked back and forth in his room, holding his phone with his arms crossed over his chest, pondering around whether or not he should do it. He stared at the number on his phone screen under Krystal's name that would constantly urge him to call it every single day. Frankly, he was always tempted to, but he never did. His thumb brushed over the call button on the keypad on his phone, but he removed it away and threw the phone on his bed. He jumped on his bed and laid down. He covered his face with his hands and closed his eyes and began to massage his temples with his forefingers. Minho, why are you like this? It shouldn't be this hard.  It was only half the second day of break and his heart was already aching to see her again. His mind kept on telling him to go ahead and invite her to the New Years party he was having at his home. He turned his head over to face his phone that was practically whispering to him to just do it and get it over with now. Krystal still sees you as a friend after all, right?

[flashback]

It was a hot summer afternoon in mid-July and Minho was running around the track of SM High. It wouldn't be until two more years until he could actually attend SM High, but he wanted to start practicing then to get in the track and field team he wished to take part in there though he didn't have to. His friends would often tell him he was too much of an overachiever. He was not going to lie that it wasn't true, because it was and still is. He got his overachieving trait from his father and he was honored to be the one carrying it in the family. Because of it, he was always determined to never lose. It would be ever so devasting for him to lose even in a little game of monopolyor any other simple board game like that. He hated losing with a passion. Without having determination and being the overachieving guy he was, he wouldn't be a winner. Therefore, he was truly thankful to be the overachieving Minho that everybody knew.

Sweat ran down his forehead then down to his neck and his white tank top was completely drenched in his own sweat. He moistened his lips by letting his tongue around it as he tried to keep up his running pace. He wiped the sweat that dripped down the side of his forehead with his slim, yet slightly muscular arms.

He became completely exhausted only a couple more minutes after then. He slowed down his pace and stopped to take a breath of fresh air. He walked over to a bench outside the gate of the track still trying to catch his breath and sat down on it. He cracked open his water bottle and chugged it down his dry throat. It felt great. Finally relaxed, he took a deep breath and let his arms spread out on the top of the bench. He squinted his eyes around, observing the surroundings of the track. His eyes caught on a girl wearing a greenish track jacket and white track shorts. She looked  just as tired as he was and she still wore the track jacket. Why doesn't she take it off then? Minho thought and shook his head. He turned his eyes away from her as he continued to drink his water. Only a few moments later, the girl suddenly yelped. Startled, Minho stood up and turned his attention back to the girl who had seemingly lost her balance as she sprained her foot, but continued to limp forward though she collapse to the ground a few seconds later. He looked around to see if anyone else would approach and her help her up. No one did. He sighed and ran up to her to help her up. She looked like she was in a lot of pain, so he carefully tried to lift her up by her arms to her feet.

"Are you alright? You shouldn't have tried so hard." Minho told her softly as he put her arms around his neck and led her to the bench where he sat. 

"No no I'm okay. It doesn't hurt that much, but thank you for your consideration." She bit her lip as she tried to endure the pain on her left foot. Minho looked at her and chuckled as he carefully sat her down on the bench.

"I'm not too sure about that. The expression on your face is easy to read. From what it looks like it says, you seem like you're about to die from the pain." The girl looked down and made a shy smile. Now that I look at her closely, she looks cute.. really cute. Ahh I'm going to die from her cuteness if I don't say anything now.. Minho's eyes crept to the corners of his eyes and glanced at her. She had perfect bright eyes, perfect pale skin, a perfect set of big brown eyes, a perfect everything. She glanced back and he got shy so he looked down as well and a cute little smile spread across his face.

"I was just wondering, what's your name?" Minho faced her again and asked her.

"Krystal. Jung Soo jung actually. But my friends just call me Krystal. What's yours?" Krystal smiled brightly at him.

"Minho. Choi Minho. But my friends just call me Minho." Minho quietly chuckled and took out his hand to shake hers. Krystal chuckled too as she took out her own hand to shake his. God she's so beautiful. The two stayed in complete silence for a while as they stole secret glances at each other and awkwardly giggled.

"Are you perhaps come from America?" Minho tilted his head.

"That's right. I just moved here recently just a few days after my 11th birthday."

"Oh I'm just a few years older than you then. It's surprising how you speak Korean so well. Ah, I was also wondering, are you planning to go to this high school?" 

"Yeah. I'm also planning to join the track and field team there." Minho looked at her in surprise and grinned.

"I'm planning to join the track and field team, too. Krystal, let's join together. Shall we do it?" Krystal smiled and nodded as Minho took out his hand to give her a high five which she high fived him back. She then stood up.

"It was nice meeting you, Minho. But, I have to go home right now otherwise my parents wouldn't be very pleased with me." She cringed and looked down. Minho nodded disappointedly. As he watched her walk away, his eyes widened as he remembered something. Minho then stood up as well and ran up to grab her by the arm. Krystal, shocked, turned her head back to look at him.

"Wait, Krystal, can I have your phone number?.. Just in case I want to talk or meet you again." Krystal hesitated, but then happily nodded. The two exchanged their numbers to either on their phones. After they were done, they  smiled and waved goodbye to each other. Minho bit his bottom lip and smiled to himself as he walked the other direction while murmuring her number quietly to himself.

For the whole summer, they would talk to each other on the phone and meet up at the track every afternoon like it was a daily routine. They soon got to know each other better enough to be comfortable around one another. As they did, Minho began to realize that he had developed feelings for her.Though, as summer ended, the two slowly began to speak less. For the next summer, he would come to the track expecting to see her, but he never did. He hesitated to call her, but he never did that as well, thinking to himself that he would bother her. Finally, it was time for their first year in high school. Minho roamed around the school looking for Krystal. When he had finally found her, he got excited and waved at her. Krystal looked at him back, but she looked to the ground and walked away. Minho was disappointed, but he had only thought that she was just too shy to speak to him yet, so he let it go and walked to class alone. But, to his dismay, that kept going on even when they met with each other at the track and field team and up until this very senior year now in which he had already given up. 

[end of flashback]
 

Minho sighed and thought about how he missed the Krystal he met in 7th grade until his phone rang. Krystal? Minho flipped over to the other side and frantically snatched his phone to see the caller id, but it was only Taemin. Minho breathed out deeply and answered it.

"What is it Taemin?"

"Minho-hyung, you sound pissed off. Did I upset you?"

"Ah.. no not at all. Did you want to ask me something?"

"I was.. just wondering.. if you invited Sulli to the party.. Don't take it the wrong way! I'm just wondering.. just because.." Sulli.. Oh that's right I haven't invited her yet. Aish.. how could I forget her? Minho treated Sulli as a little sister as well as he treated Taemin as a little brother. Wait... Minho thought of an idea.

"Wait hold on."

"Huh? Hyung?! Wait hyung y-" Minho ended the call and quickly dialed Sulli's number on his phone. After a few rings, Minho finally heard her voice.

"Hey Minho oppa! Is there something you wanted to tell me?" 

"I was wondering if you would like to come to my party for the New Years."

"Mm.. yeah sure. Do I have to bring anything."

"Ah no.. I also wanted to tell you that you can bring any friend a long with you.. preferably a girl? I'm worried that we might not have enough girls to come to this party. The guys would be really disappointed in me." Minho nervously chuckled. Sulli laughed.

"Minho you know that I don't have many girl friends to bring. The closest one I have is Krystal." 

"Oh yeah ask her to come if you want. See you at the party then." 

"What?" Sulli tilted her head and looked at her phone screen. Minho had already ended the call.

"Who was that? Taemin oppa?" Krystal asked her and laughed. Sulli rolled her eyes and playfully shoved her away. Krystal was always teasing her about Taemin from the moment they were assigned seats next to each other to the point that it had become a daily routine for her. She had come over for a study session with Sulli to do the homework that was assigned over the break, but so far it was going any where. They had only fooled around the whole time. Sulli pouted and shrugged.

"Minho just called me to ask if I wanted to go to his New Years Party. He asked me to invite more people for him.. Hey Krystal want to come?" Krystal's body stiffened at the sound of his name. She had liked Minho ever since they were in 7th grade where they had gotten close in the summer. It's been a while since she had talked to him.. or more like avoiding him. She still hates herself for doing so. When they finally met again in the first year of high school, Minho had been the first one to find her. Minho's voice became deeper and he grew to look more manlier over the years. He looked so handsome that Krystal felt her heart beating fast as he nudged through the crowd of students to get to her. She was so nervous that she didn't know what to do but walk away, avoiding him. She looked back to catch a glimpse of his upset face. Krystal winced as she walked to class, hating herself for hurting his feelings like that. That went on for 3 more years and nothing has changed yet. They would often steal secret glances at each other in class and at track meetings, but then that was it. Although she didn't express it, Krystal truly missed him.

Sulli waved her hand over Krystal's face that seemed like it was staring off into space.

"Krystal are you okay?" Krystal blinked and nodded. Sulli furrowed her eyebrows at Krystal until she heard the doorbell ring downstairs. She lifted her finger up to tell Krystal to wait for her.

"Hold on." Sulli ran downstairs. Who would come now to my house now?.. Sulli furrowed her eyebrows and cocked her head to the side as she slowly opened the door to find a familiar face slyly smiling at her. 

"Hello Sulli." The person greeted her in a deep tone. Sulli held her breath and her eyes widened at the sight of that person. Oh no...

 

I love Minstal so I decided to add them to my story. Not much Taelli in this chapter though but I would very much appreciate comments even from my silent reader~ c: