Being Invisible

Day by Day

"I always did" Baekhyun said confidently and sincerely smiled at Taemin. So this is how it is? Taemin moistened his dry lips with his tongue and frowned as he looked out the window saying nothing. Baekhyun noticed and lifted an eyebrow at Taemin through the mirror.

"Are you okay with it?" Taemin tilted his head and pretended he didn't care about what Baekhyun had just said. He innocently shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head.

"Why would I not? Sulli and I never liked each other anyway." Taemin blinked continously and gritted his teeth into a fake smile. Baekhyun chuckled.

"Of course you are." Baekhyun said in a sarcastic tone and smiled at Taemin as he stepped out of the car to meet with Sulli and Krystal who had just walked out of the house. Taemin stopped smiling and his eyes fixed onto Baekhyun with anger. A-AIGOO he still doesn't believe me. Really.. why can't anyone take me seriously? Taemin sighed and rested his chin on his hand as he watched Baekhyun help Sulli into the front seat of the car and Krystal into the back. His eyes fixed on Sulli  as he thought about his conversation with Baekhyun just then. Sulli caught a glimpse of Taemin eyes on her and immediately turned away in discomfort. Taemin, embarassed, immediately turned away as well while Krystal looked at both of them with curiousity. Keke there has to be something going on with these two. Krystal turned away and smirked.

"Which mall should we go to?" Baekhyun asked and turned to Sulli. Taemin scoffed.

"There's only one place near here." Taemin mumbled. Sulli looked back at Taemin furiously. 

"What? It's true." Taemin spoke up and pouted.

"Aahh I know that place. Okay. Let's go there then." Baekhyun smiled and drove his car back. 

10 minutes had passed and the car was full of nonstop talking between Baekhyun and Sulli. Taemin laid his head back and groaned while Krystal had already fallen asleep. Baekhyun and Sulli began to laugh about one of their childhood memories together. Taemin frowned and tried to close his eyes to take a nap. As he was about to fall asleep, Krystal kicked Taemin by his shoulders with her foot in her sleep causing him to be pushed to the side even further. Taemin's eyes widened as he looked over at Krystal whose bare foot now rested on his lap and looked at her in disgust. Taemin gently moved her foot off with his two fingers, but Krystal's foot found its way back onto Taemin's lap once again. Ugh. That repulsive smell..is getting stronger... Taemin hugged his bag even tighter and wrinkled his nose as he leaned further to the side as the scent of Krystal's foot odor crept up to his nose. Taemin cursed under his breath and laid his head back again in defeat. 

"I haven't seen your father yet. Where is he?" Baekhyun asked Sulli as he kept his eyes on the road. Sulli, still pissed off at her dad's actions, frowned at the mentioning of him.

"He's on a business trip for the next few weeks..." Baekhyun made a cute pout as he continued focusing on the road. 

"That's too bad... Want me to stay over at your house in the meantime then?" Baekhyun playfully winked at Sulli and grinned. Taemin's furrowed his eyesbrows and his eyes widened as he looked over to the both of them. Sulli's cheeks turned pink as she looked at Baekhyun, then laughed as she playfully punched Baekhyun'shoulders.

"Stop it.."Baekhyun chuckled with Sulli as she covered her face. Oh god they're making me uncomfortable now..

"Yah yah yah yah turn on the radio. I want to listen to music now." Taemin waved his hands for them to turn on the radio. Sulli frowned and sighed as she the radio for Taemin. Baekhyun looked at Sulli with excitement as U by Super Junior started playing and Sulli looked at Baekhyun with excitement as well.

"Remember this song, Sulli? We both used to listen to this song all the time." 

"Do you still remember the lyrics to the song?" Sulli looked at Baekhyun and smiled. Baekhyun made the challenge accepted look on his face and started singing to the song. Sulli looked at him in amazement and began laughing and singing along as well. Oh great.. Taemin groaned.

"CAUSE I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT U GIRL." Baekhyun pointed to Sulli. Sulli laughed as she pointed to him as well. As they were about to continue, Taemin frantically interrupted them.

"FORGET IT I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC ANYMORE TURN IT OFF." Taemin spoke loudly causing Baekhyun to jump and to quickly turn off the radio. 

 

They all stepped into the mall and looked around. The mall was fully decorated going with the Christmas theme and was crowded with people that were off of work shopping for presents for their loved ones. 

"Ahh.. I forgot that it was almost Christmas." Sulli looked around the mall and smiled.

"Since I'm not fully prepared with Christmas presents, you guys get anything you want and I'll pay for them." Baekhyun smiled. Krystal, who hadn't been fully woken up yet from the nap in the car, woke up and her face lit up to the sound of Baekhyun's offer.

"REALLY? THANK YOU SO MUCH. Come on Sulli let's go over there." Krystal excitedly jumped up and down as she grabbed Sulli's wrists and pulled her over to that place. The boys followed the girls from behind. Baekhyun walked next to Taemin and tilted his head.

"Do you want anything?" Baekhyun asked Taemin. Pissed off, Taemin puffed his cheeks and let out a sigh. 

"No." Taemin muttered and walked faster to catch up with the girls. Baekhyun stopped and watched Taemin walk away and held his hands behind his back, smirking.

 

"Aigoo Sulli this dress would look so great on you." Krystal picked out a petite blue dress and put it in front of Sulli. Sulli stood still and looked at Krystal questionably.

"Krystal, aren't you going to pick out a dress for yourself? Why aren't you picking out clothes for yourself?" Krystal observed the dress and gave Sulli a small smile. 

"Ah.. I don't really need to buy anything. It would be bothersome for me to accept a free gift from someone I just met anyways. He knows you. Besides, I have plenty of dresses that I haven't even gotten to wear yet at home." Sulli made an o with and nodded as she took the dress and tried it on herself. Taemin came in with Baekhyun following him behind his back. How long does it take for girls to pick out clothes again? Taemin sighed. Baekhyun passed Taemin and went up to the girls before him. Taemin made a face at Baekhyun's back as he went up to the others.

"Wah this dress would look really good on you Sulli." Baekhyun said looking impressed with the dress. 

"You think so?" Sulli grinned at Baekhyun.

"Choose something else. It's too revealing." Taemin muttered and looked away as he walked somewhere else with his arms folded across his chest. Sulli pouted as she looked at Taemin wandering off somewhere else. Why does it matter to you? 

"He's right.. it does look kind of revealing." Krystal agreed. Sulli slightly nodded and put the dress back.

Taemin walked around the shop as he rubbed his chin with his fingers studying the dresses around him. Too plain. Too weird. Even weirder. Taemin frowned at choices in the shop. As he was about to wander to another section, a dress catched his eye. He quickly picked it out and smiled at it. It was a pretty pink dress. It wasn't too plain or revealing. It was beautiful and it was perfect for her. He imagined it on Sulli and grinned as he clutched the dress and walked off to find the others.

He walked off to the same spot, but they weren't there. He tilted his head and spun in a circle looking for them. He made a little smile once he found a happy Sulli with the others. As he was about to approach Sulli with the dress he had found, his eyes quickly noticed the bag she was carrying and his smile disappeared. 

"Taemin! Look at the dress Baekhyun picked out for Sulli! Aigoo it looks so pretty on her." She gushed as they came nearer to Taemin. Taemin froze and clutched the dress even tighter and hid it behind his back. 

"Look at it. Don't you think it would look good on Sulli? Baekhyun really knows how to choose clothes." Krystal took out a pretty white dress and a cardigan to Taemin's face and grinned. Taemin gave her a fake smile and awkwardly nodded.

"Thank you Baekhyun. I'm really grateful." Sulli smiled and hugged Baekhyun. Baekhyun put his arms around her shoulder and gave her a squeeze. Taemin made a disappointed expression as he looked at the ground and felt his arms slowly letting the dress down. Krystal noticed and looked at him curiously as she bit her bottom lip.

"No problem. It's my Christmas present to you." Baekhyun smiled as they both let go and walked out the exit with his arms on her shoulders. Krystal slowly followed them from behind, but her eyes narrowed to her back, focusing on Taemin. Taemin dashed his eyes back and forth in disappointment and stuffed the dress back and quickly walked off. Krystal lifted up her eyebrows in astonishment.

Taemin folded his arms across his chest as he slowly walked behind Baekhyun and Sulli. He angrily narrowed his eyes at their back as  he pursued his lips and wrinkled his nose as he listened to their chattering and laughter. Krystal quickly walked next to Taemin's side with her hands behind back. Krystal cocked her head to the side as she turned her face in front of Taemin. Krystal turned back feeling entertained and made a cheery smile.

"You have a thing for Sulli, don't you?" Krystal said with a grin. Taemin looked at Krystal in shock then turned his head back and made an innocent face.

"No. Not at all."

"You should have shown her the dress sooner. It's pretty." Krystal smirked.  Taemin quickly turned to Krystal in surprise and opened his mouth.

"W-What dress?.. You're just being delusional." As Krystal was about to say something, Key and Jonghyun came out of nowhere. Key came up to them excited while Jonghyun who looked worn out came up to them carry Key's many shopping bags in each of his hand. Baekhyun and Sulli both stopped as well.

"TAEMIN. I thought you didn't want to go to shopping." Key stopped at his tracks and looked at Taemin curiously. Jonghyun skidded next to Taemin's side and pouted. Taemin looked at Sulli and cleared his throat.

"You could have come and helped me. Aish.. my arms are getting tired now." Jonghyun put down Key's shopping bags and rubbed his arms. Key rolled his eyes and looked at Baekhyun and made an impressed expression. 

"Sulli is this your boyfriend? He's really good looking." Sulli looked at them in embarassment and blushed. Jonghyun nodded in agreement as he examined Baekhyun's face. Taemin gave them the death stare. Baekhyun nervously chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm just a friend visiting." Key and Jonghyun both made an o with their mouths. 

"Ah okay. See you later then." They both waved and ran off as they noticed Taemin's stare. Baekhyun turned around to face them with a smile.

"Shall we eat now?"

 

As they walked in to the Korean barbeque restaurant, Taemin quickly sat himself down. It was dinner already and he was starving.  Baekhyun helped Sulli and Krystal to their seats then sat himself down. Taemin scanned his eyes through the menu as his mouth watered. Sulli looked at Taemin and scoffed.

"I thought you didn't want korean barbeque." Taemin glared at Sulli then went back to reading the menu. Krystal lifted her finger up as she stood up.

"Hold on I need to go to the restroom." Baekhyun and Sulli smiled and nodded while Taemin ignored her as he was still focusing on the menu. He finally put the menu down finally satisfied. 

"I want to eat everything in the menu." Taemin looked at Baekhyun with a smirk on his face.

"Are you serious?" Sulli shouted with her eyes widened.

"Since you have so much money in your pockets and you said you'd give us anything we want as a Christmas gift, then you pay for everything." Taemin said as he gave Baekhyun a dark stare. Baekhyun looked confused as Sulli angrily put her menu down. Taemin's eyes widened as she did.

"Why do you have something against him?" Sulli furiously shouted at Taemin.

"Who said I did?" Taemin shouted back.

"Who invited you in the first place?" Sulli shouted back at him, increasing her volume. Taemin kept his mouth shut.

"Did you just come just to become a burden to everyone? You're no better than Baekhyun. You already have everything anyone else can want in the world. What more do you want?" Sulli murmured and wrinkled her nose at Taemin. Baekhyun his lips and nervously scratched the back of his head. Taemin swallowed and gritted his teeth as his face grew red. You already have everything. The single sentence echoed in his head. His face suddenly softened.

"What happened to the Sulli from yesterday?" Taemin whispered quietly. 

"What?" Sulli furrowed her eyebrows at him. Taemin moved his chair away and stood up.

"I'm going home then." Taemin said softly and walked straight to the exit. Sulli gulped as her face softened as well as she watched Taemin walk away. Sulli suddenly stood up as well.

"Excuse me" She murmured to Baekhyun and ran out the exit door. Baekhyun nodded. Krystal, who had just come out, froze as her eyes scanned the room with a confused expression.

"Where'd everybody go?" She said in awe. As she was about to look for them, Baekhyun stood up and grabbed her arm, pulling her down to her seat.

"They needed some time alone." Baekhyun said with a small smile. Krystal furrowed her eyebrows as she sat down.

 

Sulli ran outside in panic mode as she looked around to find Taemin and finally found him. Taemin frowned as he hugged himself as he walked off in the snow.

"TAEMIN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?." Sulli yelled out to Taemin with her hands cupped around .

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING? I'M WALKING HOME." Taemin shouted back hugging himself even tighter as he faced forward and kicked the snow that got in his way. Sulli looked at him from his back with a worried look on her face.

"BUT OUR HOMES ARE FAR AWAY FROM HERE." Sulli shouted even louder than before.

"I DON'T CARE." Taemin shouted back and walked even faster until he disappeared in the fog. Sulli sighed in despair. What did I do?...


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It had been days since they last talked to each other and Sulli still felt awful about how she treated Taemin. Sulli bit her lips thinking about it as she sat down with her legs crossed in the cafe. Minho came in and looked around the room for Sulli. He smiled once he saw her and wave at her direction. Sulli gave Minho a sad smile and waved back. Minho sat himself down across from Sulli.

"You called me to come over here to talk?" Minho said and sipped on his glass of water. Sulli nodded her head. Minho thought about something for a while then looked back at Sulli who was sitting still without saying a word.

"Is Krystal coming?" Minho's eyes grew big and looked at Sulli curiously, waiting for her answer. Sulli soberly nodded her head with a dull expression on her face. Minho grinned as he sat back in relief. She's coming... Minho couldn't take the smile off his face.

"Minho, you said Taemin had a past.." Sulli said quietly. Minho nodded as he leaned closer to listen to Sulli.

"Yeah..." Sulli then looked into Minho's eyes.

"Can you.. perhaps.. tell it to me?" Sulli stammered as she asked Minho. Minho thought about it for a while and then looked at Sulli again.

"Sure. Let's begin the story then."

Please comment below. Even the silent readers out there. I would appreciate that. :D Taemin's past will be posted in the next chapter. ^^