Sunflower

Day by Day

There was no way that Taemin was going to let Sulli. He just couldn't. Taemin needed to give her the concert tickets as soon as possible. 

The concert's in less than a month and I still have these tickets. Ahh.. what do I do? Taemin winced and bit his lip anxiously as he watched Sulli who was just about ready to get up for her purse and leave. He recalled their moment last night at the balcony, the perfect time and place where he could have given them to her, which absolutely frustrated him. Taemin couldn't possibly let this perfect opportunity to give them to her now to waste. 

Aish, why is this so stressful? It really shouldn't be.. Taemin grimaced and heaved a sigh while contemplating a worthy plan to give the tickets to Sulli.

Once Sulli got up to grab her purse, she grinned and gave Taemin a quick wave as she power walked towards door.

"Thanks for helping me out last night. See you at school!" 

Finally back to reality, Taemin widened his eyes as he watched Sulli head for the door knob and took a quick step forward to grasp her wrist.

"What do you think you're doing?" Taemin sputtered nervously in his hasty attempt to stop her from leaving. Sulli, confused to why she was being held back at the moment, turned her head around to give him an inquisitive frown.

"What?" Sulli replied bluntly.

In an effort to keep his 'cool', Taemin cleared his throat and released his grip off of her with a straight face.

"Hey.. you can't leave. It's too early! What makes you think you're leaving with that dress on?" Taemin exclaimed confidently as he gestured at the dress she had on from last night.

"Yah.. what are you doing?" Sulli gave Taemin a look of utter bewilderment while stumbling backwards as Taemin took a step closer to catch a quick whiff of her scent. Disregarding his weird gesture from the previous moment, Taemin scrunched his nose in apparent disgust and clicked his tongue.

"And shouldn't you at least clean yourself before you leave at least? You've been wearing that dress since last night. At least manage to take a shower first. Wow, you look like a mess." 

"OOH, that's so flattering of you to say, Taemin." Sulli exclaimed in a sarcastic tone, then squinted her eyes at him. "My clothes and my shower are at home. So, I think I should be getting there now."

Before Sulli could react any further, Taemin, completely heedless of what she had to say, had already begun searching through his closet. Once he found a proper fit for her, Taemin grinned at her as he tossed it to her.

"You can borrow my clothes for now, the bathroom's right over there, and when you're done, meet me downstairs. I'll make breakfast for us while you clean yourself up. Alright? Great! See you then." Taemin gave her a thumbs up before dashing out the door, leaving Sulli absolutely speechless. 

Having no choice but to give in to Taemin's intentions, Sulli puffed her cheeks as she glanced down at a bundle of Taemin's pajamas in her hands. 

"Lee Taemin, you're really strange. I already told you I wanted to go home." Sulli mumbled in irritation, however, a wide grin gradually spread across her face. Despite her complex feelings about staying over with Taemin, it was clear that she was unable to contain her excitement as she held the clothes close against her chest and walked towards the bathroom.

 

The morning air was much more refreshing to Sulli after the shower. She breathed it in as she stretched her arms out in relaxation. But, now that she was fully awake, Sulli was able to perceive the atmosphere around her which she hadn't gotten the chance to observe before due to their morning brawl. 

His room was quite average to say the least. Regardless of the huge, roomy interior, it was plain and had the typical concept of any other boy's rooms. A few posters of bands and portraits of himself and his friends hung here and there, but nothing else. 

"He tells me to clean up but he can't even clean up after himself. Choding." Sulli chortled as she cautiously flung a supposedly missing dirty sock laying on the floor to the side with her foot. 

Sulli stuck out her bottom lips in content as she paced around his room, taking her time to explore the never before seen possessions of Taemin that laid inside. A big smile crept over her lips once a small, chubby teddy bear on the end table caught her eye, the plushie that she had given to him. She was astonished at the fact that he still kept it, though she had to admit that it did touch her that he had.

"Wah, I thought the pabo would've lost you already." Sulli laughed, sitting on her knees as she lightly ran her fingers through the fur of the teddy bear's head, but her smile slightly faltered once she caught a glimpse of the frame next to it.

In the photo, two unmistakenly happy boys with arms around each other smiled at her, one much shorter the others, though they looked as though they were of the same age. Ah, he short one must be Taemin. She giggled as she poked little Taemin's chubby cheeks with her index finger, then she pursued her lips. Then the taller one must be Taesun. Taemin must really miss him.. but doesn't he miss his parents? Sulli wondered as she glanced around to find no pictures of his parents in sight. 

Just as she was about to stand up, she noticed a tiny slip in between a pile of books. Curious, she slowly withdrew the paper away from the crack to find an old picture of what must have been Taemin's family. A mother and father stood smiled as they stood over their laughing children in the crumbled photograph. It must have been long ago since the photo was shot she figured as she noticed the youthful appearance of the adults. The family looked like they were in the midst of their happiest years and then she understood why Taemin specifically kept that single photograph. She smiled. He must not want to admit it, but he misses his parents as much as he misses Taesun.

RIght when Sulli stood up, she noticed a thick book sitting on Taemin's desk. She furrowed her eyebrows as she read the cover. 

'Journal: Property of Taemin. Do not touch, except for Taemin.' She giggled at the witty title. No lock was found on the journal and curiosity began to creep inside her. Interested of what could be inside, Sulli mischievously lifted an eyebrow as she raised her hands towards the journal.

"Just a peek shouldn't be too much.." Sulli muttered as she slowly lifted the cover of the journal up.

Before she could, a palm abruptly slammed the cover shut, completely ending her chance of beholding what could be inside. 

"Aigoo, I really shouldn't have left you upstairs alone after all." Taemin gave her a look of disappointment and shook his head to shame her. Flustered, Sulli gritted her teeth as her cheeks turned utterly pink in her embarassment.

"Then you should have let me go home then!" Sulli shouted her defense, but a sly smile shortly formed on her lips. "But, Taemin, I didn't know you keep a diary with you." 

With that, the smirk on Taemin's face was quickly replaced with a frown.

"Journal, it's a journal. Nevermind, just come down to the kitchen. I made breakfast." Taemin murmered as he stomped outside the room. Does he really get mad that easily? Sulli chuckled. Once she grabbed her purse, Sulli ran towards Taemin and jokingly pushed him from behind, nearly landing him face forward onto the ground. Sulli nearly died of laughter as she witnessed the priceless frightened expression on his face as he almost tripped over.

"YAH!" Taemin shouted at her once he regained his balance. In response, Sulli only shrugged her shoulders, holding her laughter as she passed him down the stairs. Taemin scoffed as he glared at her, but in the end, couldn't hold in his laughter as well. I must really be a fool to have fallen for this kind of girl, am I?

 

"Ah.. cereal."

Sulli pretended to act surprised at the sight of the bowls filled with milk and 'Cinnamon Toast Crunch'. Taemin sneered at her as he sat himself down on his seat.

"You can't expect me to know how to cook much. Spaghetti and cereal are my only specialties for your information. If you're disappointed, I do have water." 

"Aish.. I was only kidding. It's been a while since I've had cereal anyways. I used to have this every morning from first to fifth grade. After that, I got tired of it so I learned how to cook for myself." 

Taemin slowly bit onto his cereal. In those days, the only thing he learned how to do was call chicken delivery through the phone. Yet, he also couldn't take his eyes off of Sulli as she continued to blabber on about her childhood. She looked so petite in his oversized white T-shirt and long pants. Taemin couldn't help but blush and smile ridiculously at the fact that she still managed to look amazingly beautiful even in his manly attires.

"Woow, Taemin, I didn't know you like to plant flowers." Sulli pointed at a sunflower standing on a pot in the corner of the living room. Taemin shrugged himself off out of his daydream and shook his head.

"No, I don't. Sunflowers are actually the only flowers that I'll ever plant."

".. Why?" Sulli tilted her head. Taemin smirked at her as he leaned his head forward.

"You're a real curious one, aren't you?" Sulli only gave him a sneer in response. Taemin chuckled.

"When I was four, my parents weren't around too much. I had Taesun, but he had already started school at the time, so I didn't get to see him much as well. So, I was left at grandmother's house most of the time to keep me from loneliness. There, she would always bring me outside her backyard where she taught me how to plant her garden of sunflowers. She must've known how upset I was without seeing them often, so she insisted that I should take a sunflower home with me often. I asked her why and she just told me that you can't ever be sad with a sunflower in front of you. " Taemin laughed softly, reminiscing the words of his grandmother. "' A sunflower will never fail to brighten you up.' I didn't actually believe her theory, but I guess it has become a habit for me now to plant them."

"Oh.." Sulli opened and nodded her head. Taemin cleared his throat as he tried to change the subject.

"Since your dad won't be home, if you feel lonely.. you can always call me.. you know.. to.. talk." Taemin mumbled his offer shyly. Sulli only smiled at his offer. Though it pained her to actually have to come back home without her father, she realized she needed to go home now. Taemin scrunched his eyebrows as he watched her quickly devour the remaining bits of the cereal and stand up.

"I think I have to go. Thanks for the breakfast." Sulli smiled and waved. Taemin lifted his eyebrows. Already? He didn't want her to leave yet. 

"Wait, it's still too early." Taemin attempted to give her a reason to stay as he ran after her out the house. 

"It's fine. I have to go back to study anyways." She gave him a small smile as she began to walk out the gates.

"But, you're leaving with my pajamas on!" Taemin shouted. Sulli cringed in embarassment as she looked down at Taemin's clothes which she still had on.

"Ah.. it's fine! I'll return them to you later!" Sulli grinned and continued walking down the sidewalk. Taemin winced as he tried to conjure up idea to stall her from leaving now. I can't believe I actually have to do this.. He sighed as he ran towards her.

"Yah, wait!" He grabbed her by the shoulders. Sulli turned around to see Taemin holding a pair of tickets held in front of her face. 

"I heard you like these guys... so I got us tickets." Taemin muttered as she coyly rubbed the nape of his neck and handed them to her. Sulli put her hands over as she screamed at the top of her lungs at the sight of the tickets. 

"OH MY GOD, I thought these were sold out already!" She grinned widely as she stared at the Super Junior concert ticket in her hand, but cocked her head once she realized something. "But, I thought you don't listen to them."

"I'm just giving them a try, that's all.." Taemin replied sheepishly, but was then caught off guard as he felt Sulli throw her arms around him. With that, Taemin's began to burn into a crimson red.

"Thank you so much, Taemin." She smiled and waved goodbye at him once she released her arms off of him.

While walking down the pavement, Sulli bit her lips to hide her smile as she couldn't the excitement inside her. A concert with Taemin... She grinned as she skipped her way home.

As he watched Sulli leave, Taemin pursued his lips and glumly slumped his shoulders. Don't leave..

 

The next morning, Sulli woke up to the ring of her doorbell. Sulli groaned as she flipped herself off the bed.

Why so soon? She grumbled as she threw the door open, but her eyes widen as she found a sunflower sitting in front of her doorstep. On the stem of it hung a small note. Sulli frowned as she bent over to look at it, but smiled as she began reading the note.

This is for you. I think you need one, too. Remember to raise it well! See you at school!

  - LT


If you're still reading this, youplease leave a comment below!