What a Coincidence..

Day by Day

"MINHO WHERE ARE YOU? I'VE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR TOO LONG NOW." Taemin whined to Minho through his phone and impatiently sighed as he sat back on his chair cross armed. Taemin had scheduled to meet up with Minho at the library for homework help, but he was arriving later than usual today. Well, Taemin always called Minho first when it came to studying time since he found it most easy to understand him the most. Minho was the quietest among the friends, too, which made him the ideal study partner most of the time.

"Sorry, Taemin. Woke up a little late today.. didn't get enough sleep last night." Minho sleepily rubbed his face to stay awake. "How long have you been there anyways?"

"TEN MINUTES AGO..." Taemin uttered. Minho made a little smile as he scoffed at Taemin's answer.

"Ten minutes? Aren't you a little over exaggerating then? You had me worried that I kept you waiting too long just then."

"No it's not like that.." Taemin shook his head and uncomfortably glanced at a woman behind him checking books out who seemed to be constantly staring at him.

"What is it then?" Minho lifted up an eyebrow.

"There's this lady.. She looks a little too old for me! .. and she keeps staring at me.. I think she's checking me out and it's making me uncomfortable. She has this strange look in her eyes every time she looks at me. It's creeping me out, hyung..." Taemin murmered and glanced back at the woman nervously as he lowered his body down to hide. Minho tilted his head.

"What does it look like she's doing right now?" Taemin turned back and squinted his eyes in the woman's direction.

"She looks like she can't decide on what book she wants. She keeps putting them back." The woman noticed Taemin staring at her and glared at him in return. Taemin furrowed his eyebrows and quickly turned back. Minho chuckled.

"Are you sure she's not a librarian? She might just be looking at you since you're being too loud." Taemin's eyes widened.

"A librarian?" Taemin slowly turned around and observed her again. He then noticed an id tag around her neck and smiled in a relief.

"Ahh.. I think you're right." Taemin he hesitantly waved at the librarian to get her attention.

"I'll be more quiet from now on. Don't worry." Taemin whispered loudly and gave her the okay signal with his hand. The librarian rolled her eyes at him as she left the aisle. Minho smiled.

"I'll be there soon so I'm turning off the phone." 

"Alright. See you soon then." Taemin put his phone down on the table and laid his head back. He put his hand in his pocket and smiled as he felt the soft object that he had been looking for on his fingertips. He took the object out in front of him to see a plushie of a tiny, but frowning, chubby bear and his lips formed a wider smile as he rubbed his head while his thoughts began to go back a few days ago.

[flashback on the morning after Christmas]

Taemin's P.O.V.

I groan as I slowly wake up from my sleep and turn my head to check the time on the alarm clock. 5:43. Before I even get to fall asleep again, I hear my stomach growling so abruptly. I clutch on it and wince with my eyes still closed.

"How can I go back to sleep when I'm already hungry? It's so early, too.. AIISH how bothersome." I slightly punch my stomach continuously for failing to leave me alone in my sleep and let out a deep sigh as I budge myself to get up.

I lazily plop the leftover spaghetti from my Christmas Eve with Sulli just a few days ago in the microwave.

"I haven't heard from her ever since Christmas Eve... Did she like the dress.. or was it not her taste?" My stomach churns at the thought of Sulli throwing away the dress I had left for her as a gift on Christmas Eve. Thoughts like that have been going on in my head ever since I left her on Christmas Eve. It puts me in a bad mood so I don't like thinking about it. I try to erase those thoughts and replace it with positive ones with a forced grin.

"At least I gave her a gift, so she should be at least a little thankful, RIGHT?" I happily nod to myself in agreement with my own statement, but stop and frown as another thought came upon my mind.

".. But, I remember writing down my phone number on the card.. Did she get to it or did she ignore it? Or did I forget to put it on there?..." I furrow my eyebrows and try to remember as I set up the timer on the microwave. I finally give up from all the possible random scenarios for that single situation and angrily ruffle my head from becoming a little pissed off with myself for thinking about them.

"FORGET IT. It's too early to think right now anyways." I irritatingly slam the door of the microwave shut and walk off towards the living room.

I turn the T.V. on with my remote then set it down on the coffee table in the meantime as I wait for my spaghetti to be ready.

"And the daily routine starts again." I mutter in my breath with a sarcastic happy tone to my voice. I lift my shirt up to scratch my tummy as I go towards the window to open the curtain. Before I even get to completely open it, I get a glimpse of what looks like a girl walking towards my front door. My eyes can't make out who the girl since her pace is really a lot quicker than my eyes. 

"Who is she and what is she doing in front of my house so early in the morning? She seems like she's in a hurry, too.." I quickly run to my front door, getting curious of who the person is by the second.

I unlock and open the door as quietly as possible.

"Who are you?" I murmur quietly to myself as my eyes peek outside to examine who the girl is through the crack. The girl is bending down and seems like she's setting up a card that looks like it keeps falling down next to a small stuffed bear on my front door step. I can't figure out who she is yet, but I'm guessing it's one of my fangirls at school. I'm not surprised since I usually get gifts from them every Christmas anyways. I snicker at the girl's failure of keeping the card standing and her failure of not being aware that I'm clearly in front of her right now.The girl puts a strand of her hair behind her hair in frustration and I'm in shock when I realize who she is as my mouth begins to open wider.

"SULLI?" I whisper loudly with my eyes wide open. She doesn't seem like she can hear me since she looks focused on what she's doing. I step closer.

"Sulli?.." No answer. I scoff and smile. She's still oblivious that I'm here. I decide to observe what she's doing for a few minutes so I walk closer so that I can bend down in front of her to get a better view. I patiently stare at her face the whole time with a smile as she is still working on setting it all up.

"Stalker Sulli, how did you find out where I live?" I say louder this time. That seems to startle her as I hear her gasp as she jumps from the sound of my voice and accidently bumps her forehead with mines in an attempt to get up.

"AHH." We both groan in pain silently. I hold my breath so that I won't be able to express my pain after our heads collide. I have to act like it doesn't hurt. That's what a tough man has to do, right? I rub my forehead then quickly put my hand down with a calm look on my face as I stand up.

"What are you doing here?" I say with gritted teeth and coolly fold my arms while trying not to wince. She cautiously stands up with a small, but sheepish smile on her face.

"O-oh.. sorry.. I didn't know you would be awake at this time.. and Minho gave me your address as a favor... so that I can give this to you." She blushes and grimaces while rubbing her forehead as she bends down to get the teddy bear and the card. Really? I try to hide the big smile about to form on my lips. A side of me wants to kill Minho for giving my address away so easily, but a side of me wants to thank him for giving it to her for me so that I won't have to do it without looking desperate. I want to ask her about what she thought about the dress I gave her, but I'm feeling nervous that I don't know how to ask her. Before I can even do so, Sulli finally gets up.

"I wanted to give you this.. since I feel guilty because I didn't really give you anything for Christmas. So.. accept it." She stutters and finishes by shoving the teddy bear and card onto my hands. I lift the small frowning teddy bear up and frown back at it. 

"What's this? You got me an angry midget bear?" Sulli grins.

"It reminded me of you. It's too late to give it back anyways. BYE." She teases me and waves as she runs off. I chuckle.

"You even leave without giving me a chance to say thank you." I roll my eyes. I turn around and face the teddy bear and poke its nose. 

"Yah.. I don't frown that much.. do I?" I tilt my head and crease my forehead as I walk inside to read the card. 

I pace around the living room as I read her card.

I'm sorry this isn't much, but I thought it really looked like you keke. By the way, I'm very thankful as you gave me a wonderful Christmas Eve this year. Frankly, that's more than anyone can give me as a gift.. so I'm truly thankful. The dress that you gave me is very pretty, really. Thank you so much, Taemin. ^^

I happily grin without knowing while and after reading the card. I don't know whether I was more happy that I now know that she likes the dress I had given or the fact that she had really thought about me, but I do know for a fact that I can't possibly stop myself from hiding this smile anymore.

[/end of flashback]

Taemin played with the frowning bear's paws and smirked before putting it back in his pocket.

Taemin thought it would be a waste of time to just sit around while waiting for Minho, so he decided to get up and check out some books in the meantime. He ran his fingers through the stack of books on an aisle under the sign, 'Fiction'. He yawned as nothing caught his eye and turned away to proceed to the next aisle until he heard a familiar voice.

"Why can't you tell me what you did on Christmas Eve, Sulli? What are you hiding from me?" The whiny voice sounded like it was coming from Krystal. Taemin's eyes widened. SULLI'S HERE, TOO? 

Taemin peeked from behind the aisle and his eyes grew even wider as he realized that it was indeed Sulli and Krystal. They were sitting across from each other on a table. From what Taemin could see, Sulli seemed like she had taken in a lot of Krystal's constant questions already as she rested her cheek on her fist. Krystal, on the other hand, couldn't seem to stop the questions coming from .

"Why are you so curious?" Sulli muttered, lazily. Krystal shrugged as she put on a mischievous smile.

"It's just that... there's a rumor going around that Taemin spent his Christmas Eve with you." Krystal puffed her cheeks and pretended to look elsewhere. Taemin lifted his eyebrow. Sulli's face instantly turned red at the sound of his name. It had already been a few days since she had last seen him. Her mind had been replaying the night of Christmas Eve with him nonstop. Strangely enough, whenever she would think of it, she would want him by her side again. She didn't like how she kept thinking like that, but she felt happy with him. Sometimes, she would wish that night could happen again, but why? Sulli immediately straightened up.

"Where'd you hear that from?" Sulli said in a demanding tone. Krystal shrugged.

"I don't know..." Krystal murmured. She looked into Sulli's eyes again. "Is it true though?"

Sulli sighed since she couldn't lie to her friend, she had to tell the truth. She looked down and nodded. Krystal's face lit up.

"REALLY? Why do you look ashamed then? All the girls in school would be jealous of you if they knew about this." Krystal playfully pushed Sulli on the shoulder and giggled. Taemin half smiled, proud about that fact.

"You mean they don't know?" Sulli leaned closer and furrowed her eyebrows. Krystal hesitated for a while, but nodded.

"Sure. The only ones who should know are his friends. Luna was the one who told me and she told me not to tell anyone else. So I'm guessing no, no one else knows." Sulli let her back fall and sighed in relief.

"Thank god.." Sulli whispered. Krystal nodded in agreement.

"You should. His little fanclub can go to the extreme if they find out, especially Minhee." Taemin stuck out his bottom lip and nodded. That's true..

Krystal put her face closer to Sulli's with a sneaky look on her face. Sulli, afraid, gave her a weird look in return and  backed away slowly.

"Sulli... don't you think that Taemin fits your ideal type very well?" Krystal gave Sulli a smug smile. This drew Taemin's interest into the conversation even more as he leaned in closer to hear it and kept help his big smile. This is going to be interesting. Sulli dashed her eyes back and forth and laughed nervously.

"What do you mean?" Krystal sighed and held her index finger up.

"One, he has to have straight hair." At least I can thank my parents for that. Taemin smiled. Sulli avoided Krystal's creepy stare and looked away in embarassment. Krystal held out a second finger.

"Two, he has to smile often." Sulli scoffed.

"Th-then that means Taemin doesn't fit into tha-" 

"But you did say he could just have a nice smile instead." Krystal stated and smirked. Sulli let out a deep breath in defeat. Taemin couldn't help but chortle at Krystal's defense and Sulli's reaction. So she does think so. Krystal held out a third finger.

"Three, he has to have a pretty nose." Sulli was about to say something, but Krystal was quick enough to cut her off as she went on and held out her fourth finger.

"Four, his lips have to be plump." Sulli had stayed quiet by then and it clearly showed that she was looking down and blushing. Taemin quietly chuckled in happiness. He was really just enjoying this.too much. Krystal grinned as she held out her fifth finger.

"Five, he has to have a visible Adam's apple." Krystal held out her sixth finger.

"And six, he has to look a little strong.. well, that we can leave out." Taemin frowned at this. What's that supposed to mean? Taemin cringed as he squished his arm muscle. Am I not strong looking?... He made a sad  pout.

"So, he fits into most of the traits of your ideal type. That's good enough." Hm. Good enough. Taemin stuck out his tongue out to the side and smiled as he nodded with Krystal. Krystal's face clearly showed off that she had won with a winning smirk. Sulli bit her lip. Her cheeks were completely red at this point. I need to change the subject.

"SUPER JUNIOR." Sulli blurted out. That made both Krystal and Taemin frown.

"What?"

"You just reminded me.. there's a concert soon." Krystal lifted up an eyebrow. Taemin's face was full of disappointment now that Sulli had so suddenly switched topics. 

"So?" Sulli cleared .

"It's my New Year's goal.. to see Super Junior in concert for the first time. They're having a special concert soon in the end of February. I really want to go.. but apparently it's already sold out." Krystal gave her a blank look.

"Uh. Okay? That wasn't random at all." 

"Would you want to go with me... if I could get tickets? Just wondering.. If not, I can take Baekhyun with me anyways. This had always been our dream, too, to go to their concert together." Sulli gave Krystal an awkward smile. Taemin's stomach churned with immense jealousy at the sound of Baekhyun. Baekhyun... of course he's the first she can think of. Taemin's eyes grew sorrow as he clenched his fist even tighter. Krystal laughed.

"You can do that then. You know that I'm not a big fan of them." Sulli pursued her lips and nodded. Super Junior concert in February huh? Taemin cocked his head to the side as an idea popped up. 

"Hold on I need to go the lady's restroom. Be right back." Krystal held up her finger as she stood up and went off. Sulli smiled and nodded. Oh crap she's coming this way. Taemin quickly grabbed the nearest book and covered it in front of his face as Krystal passed by. Taemin cringed I should probably leave now before I get caught.. Before he could even sneak off, his ringtone went on and much to his dismay, SNSD's OH began playing in full blast.

"OH OH OH OH ppareul saranghae
AH AH AH AH manhi manhihae!"

Taemin froze. It must be Minho. He must be here. Taemin gritted his teeth as he tried his best to turn off his phone as quick as possible. Great... Curiosity grew from the look of her face as Sulli narrowed her eyes as she turned her head towards where the sound was coming from. Taemin cursed under his breath as he remembered to put the book in front of his face again after he finished turning off his phone. Taemin slowly peeked from behind the book. His heart stopped beating as he noticed Sulli wasn't in her seat anymore and jaw dropped instantly. Wh-where'd she go?

He turned his head around and gasped as he spotted Sulli checking out books on the same aisle he was on. He carefully stepped back with the books still in front of his face as he tried to sneak out the aisle. Quietly.. quietly... quietly... Taemin smiled. Well, this is going we- Suddenly, he stumbled upon a book lying on the floor and his feet made loud thudding sounds together as they tried to regain its balance. Sulli seemed to have heard that as her attention suddenly went towards him.

"Are you okay?" Sulli asked him with concern as she came closer. . Taemin held his breath and dashed out of the aisle, taking the book in front of his face with him. 

Sulli stared at the boy's back as he ran away. "I was just asking..."

 

Minho stepped into the middle of the entrance of the library and stretched his arms. Minho took a deep breath and made a relaxed smile. His house was close to the library, so he had walked here, but regretted it since he literally had almost frozen up out there despite his warm clothes. 

"Finally, some warm air." Minho closed his eyes in pleasure and proceeded to walk ahead until he felt his body bump into someone. He felt himself fall on top of the person and opened his eyes in panic as he regained his conscious.

"I'm so sor-" Minho kept his mouth open as he realized that the person he had bumped into was Krystal who seemed to be shocked as well. Their eyes both widened as they met.

"Krystal.." Minho spoke softly. Everyone around them started giving them weird stares, some being classmates in their school. Krystal, looking uncomfortable, pushed him off of her and got up as fast as possible. Minho got up to follow her, but she was swift enough to pass his glance and disappeared from his sight. Minho looked worried as he picked up his pace to find her, until a panicked looking Taemin popped into his view. Taemin came towards him in the speed of light and grabbed his arm.

"We need to go to Luna's house now!" Taemin exclaimed though he sounded breathless. Minho, confused, nodded reluctantly at Taemin's command yet his wandering eyes remained searching for Krystal as they left the library. Why do you keep running away from me?.. Minho sighed and turned his head away.

 

"What? You want my Super Junior concert tickets? Do you really think I'm going to give you them so easily?" Luna looked at Taemin, bewildered. 

"Hm..." Taemin stuck out his bottom lip, then his eyes lit up. "I'll pay more than how much you had bought it for."

"I thought you didn't like them.. " Luna gave him a suspicious glare. Key, Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew nodded in harmony.

"Why so suddenly? What's the reason?" Luna folded her arms in narrowed her eyes into Taemin's even more. 

"Did you want to take a girl out?" Jonghyun exclaimed happily as he put his hands on Taemin's shoulders and shook it.

"You know.. a possible Super Junior fangirl from school. Someone pale, cute... Sulli?" Onew blurted out and cupped his mouth. Luna gave him a death glare and whacked him with a pillow.

"AH." Onew winced and touched his head. Taemin frowned.

"I never said I liked her! Why do you care? I just recently gained interest in them." Taemin lied, his face burning from embarassment. Jonghyun folded his arms and gave Taemin a look of disapproval.

"If I remember myself... you said that you wouldn't EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER go to one of their concerts in your whole life time, even for all the steak in the world." Jonghyun took a step closer to Taemin and gave him a playful smirk. "Why now?"

"Taemin, you know if you keep this going on they won't ever leave you alone." Minho smiled.

"TELL US." Key clapped his hands in demand for an answer.

"Yeah, why would you want to take me and Luna's tickets so suddenly?" Onew looked at Taemin curiously.

"If you don't tell me the real reason, I won't give it to you.." Luna threatened him. They all came closer to him, bickering for the answer that they wanted from him. Taemin closed his eyes tightly and covered his ears with his palms, but they wouldn't stop. Taemin just couldn't take it anymore.

"OKAY, I'LL TELL YOU GUYS. I WANT TO TAKE SULLI WITH ME TO THE CONCERT BECAUSE I LIKE HER." The room instantly grew silent with everyone's jaw dropping one by one. Jonghyun broke the silence by jumping up with joy.

"I KNEW IT!" Jonghyun yelled and fist pumped in the air with a huge grin. Everyone gave him a cold stare in return.

".. Forget it.I didn't mean to ask too much.. sorry." Taemin said bluntly and turned around to leave. Luna thought of something then half smiled.

"Wait." Taemin lifted an eyebrow and turned around. Luna took out the tickets from her pockets. She took out Taemin's hand and placed them onto it.

"You don't have to pay for them, you can have them." Taemin look at her with a shocked expression.

"Why?" Luna shrugged.

"Simply because we support you." Jonghyun smiled. The others nodded and smiled as well. Taemin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Really? I'm not being a burden?" They all just calmly smiled and shook their heads.

"Not at all?" They shook their heads again.

"Yesss we support you we support you. Just take it and leave." Key pushed him from behind to the exit. Taemin, still doubtful about his friends' unexpected decision, turned around to face them with the are you sure look.

"Thanks.. but are you guys absolutely su-" Before he could say anything else, Key slammed the door on his face.

"So has the plan officially started?" Key gave them all a mischievious smile. As soon as Taemin left, everyone started cheering in a circle with joy.

"I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT. I AM THE PROPHET." Jonghyun screamed as he jumped up and down while hugging Key.

"I was unsure about this, but he finally admitted it." Luna squealed. 

"Same here." Onew said with wide eyes.

"Now all we have to do is put this plan to work" Minho remarked with a determined grin. 


BACK. Sorry for the long update. Next chapter will be most definitely the New Year's party. I will have a hard time updating though since I'm starting school soon. Please comment more for the time being. I would really really appreciate some more comments, thank you.^^