Taemin Meets Baekhyun?

Day by Day

After the phone call with Minho, Taemin tried calling his hyungs in hopes that they weren't busy so that he could come over to their house, but every one of his closest ones seemed to be busy. Key was at the mall shopping for whatever. Jonghyun was at the mall with Key most likely being there just to pay and carry bags for Key. Taemin tried calling Minho again, but he said he had just gone out to buy necessities for the New Year party. As for Onew, his oldest hyung, he said to him that he was busy sleeping. Taemin groaned as he hung up and munched on his bag of potato chips. Everyone is busy and I'm already bored on the second day of vacation. Aish.. I wish school would start sooner.. Taemin paused and thought about that for a second then laughed. Taemin what are you thinking? But, somehow, I feel like I'm  forgetting something... AH. Is it my cell phone? Taemin looked around the room, but spotted his cellphone on his desk. Taemin scratched his cheek and shook his head. Guess not. He let his back fall on the sheets of his bed and groaned. What to do..

Having nothing to do, Taemin decided to stroll around the neighborhood for a change. He plugged in his earphones as he took out his iPod and put it on shuffle and started to nod his head to the music and continued to dance along the sidewalk as he sang the song out loud while peeling the skin of his banana.

Taemin, with his hands in his pockets, focused on the ground as he murmured the chorus to himself, moving his head to the music.

"Because I have no regrets from loving you, take only the good memo-" Taemin suddenly stopped singing and frooze. He turned his head over to a house and stared at it. Sulli.. What is she doing now?..  Taemin stood still as he remembered his day with Sulli yesterday. She had took him out to somewhat cheer him up for the winter. As miserable he had felt the first time, he had no regrets and he was thankful to Sulli. Taemin then suddenly felt a push on his shoulders. Aigoo.. I almost let go of my banana.Taemin frowned and turned to see who had bumped him. The boy cringed and gave him an apologetic look.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there." The boy bowed down smiling and continued to walk on. Taemin glared at  the boy and looked back down to take a huge bite onto his banana.  As he looked up, he spotted the boy walking straight to Sulli's door. Taemin slightly tilted his head as he watched the boy ring the doorbell. What does this guy have to do with Sulli? Taemin's eyes widened as the door opened up. Taemin quickly hid behind a tree trunk. His began to open up his mouth as he peeked out and caught a glimpse of Sulli's face. Sulli made a shy smile on her face when she saw the boy. Taemin harshly bit onto his banana as he narrowed his eyes at them. She looks happy to see him.. No way... is this something I don't know about her yet? Is this perhaps her.. AH no... But, who is that guy though? He slowly peeked out from the tree trunk, keeping his eyes on the two, and nervously bit his lip. 

 

Sulli blinked continuously with slightly wide open in surprise as his eyes met hers. 

"Hello Sulli. It's been a while." The boy warmly smiled at her.

"B-Baekhyun?.." Sulli stammered as he grinned at her response and pulled her into an embrace.

"That's right, Sulli. Ah.. I feel relieved now that I know you at least remember my name. It's really been a while now. I was worried that you wouldn't remember me." Baekhyun chuckled and softly patted her back. Sulli warmly smiled back and hugged him back as she regained conscious. Of course she would remember Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun, her childhood friend.

Baekhyun and Sulli had known each other since they were eight and he was ten. Their parents were close to one another, their fathers being co-workers, so they would often visit each other's homes which gave them time to become close. She especially remembered the first time they met.

[flashback]

Sulli stared at the boy next to his father from upstairs. Their parents had been talking for the longest time now. Sulli avoided meeting them by remaining upstairs. Yet, she couldn't take her eyes off the boy. The boy caught her staring and smirked. Sulli blushed and stepped back in embarassment and hid behind the wall. She wandered her eyes back downstairs, but he wasn't there anymore. Confused, Sulli stepped out from behind the wall to find him. Suddenly, the boy's voice came from behind her. Sulli turned around and he was brightly smiling at her. 

"My name's Baekhyun. I hear your name is Sulli?" Sulli shyly nodded her head. Baekhyun half smiled and stepped closer. She cautiously stared at his hand that held out for hers.

"Since our parents are friends, can I be your friend as well?" Baekhyun grinned. Sulli pursued her lips and hesitantly reached out her hand and shook his in agreement. Baekhyun shook it happily and smiled at her. Sulli looked at his face. In that moment, she felt comfortable with the boy. She shyly smiled back as they shook hands. 

They became close friends as time went by. She felt fortunate that she could have Baekhyun as her friend. But, five years later, Baekhyun and his family were to move to America. She remembered crying to herself the night he moved away. But now, he stood right in front of her with the same warm smile that she had remembered when they first met. 

Krystal rushed downstairs and slowed down as stared at the two curiously. 

"Who's this?" Krystal slightly pointed her finger at Baekhyun and furrowed her eyebrows. Sulli was about to explain to Krystal, but Baekhyun smiled at Krystal and bowed his head down.

"Hello I'm Baekhyun, Sulli's old friend. I came here to visit her and her father." Baekhyun grinned and wrapped his arms around Sulli's neck. Sulli blushed and awkwardly smiled. Krystal looked at Sulli and nodded her head as she smiled and made an o with . 

"I'm Krystal, Sulli's friend." Krystal gave him a half smile. 

"Um.. let me close the door first." Sulli awkwardly removed Baekhyun's arm off of her shoulder and went to go close the door. As Sulli was about to close the door, a foot stuck out in the middle of it. The door pushed open and Sulli eyes widened as she realized who it was. Taemin stood there with his hand in his pocket and stepped inside.

"Taemin! What are you doing?" Sulli whispered loudly at him. 

"I was walking around the neighborhood and I had nowhere to throw this away. " Taemin lifted up his banana peel. 

"They should really place more garbage cans around here, don't you think?" He gave her a smug smile as he walked right into her kitchen. Everyone stared at him as he walked over to the trash can and threw the banana peel inside it. As if nothing happened, Taemin turned back and looked at everyone who stared at him weirdly. He pouted as his eyes wandered around the house. Suddenly, he spotted his bag. Taemin's eyes widened and he ran towards it.

"MY BACKPACK. I've been looking everywhere for it.. I forgot that I left it here." Sulli bit her lip and looked at Baekhyun who looked at her back, confused. Krystal leaned towards Sulli.

"Is there something that you haven't told me about yet?" Krystal whispered to Sulli and giggled. Sulli winced. Taemin grinned brightly as he lifted up the bag into his hands.

"I must have left it here the last time I went over to your house." Taemin eyes then went back to Baekhyun and smirked.  Baekhyun smiled back. Sulli eyes grew wider.

"B-but you only went here o-" Taemin suddenly interrupted her.

"Sulli-ah. You haven't introduced me to him yet." Taemin crossed his arms and walked over to Baekhyun. Sulli face grew red and she looked at him furiously.

"Taemin please le-"

"I'm Baekhyun. Sulli's close childhood friend." Baekhyun emphasized the word close and looked into Taemin's eyes and smiled as he reached out his hand. Taemin narrowed his eyes at him, but quickly smiled back and shook his hand.

"I'm Taemin. Lee Taemin." Taemin gripped onto Baekhyun's hand more tightly and kept on smiling. Baekhyun continued to politely shake it and smiled. Sulli  nervously bite her lip and gulped as she stood there staring at the two. 

"Nice to meet you then, Lee Taemin." Baekhyun said in a deeper voice.

"Nice to meet you too." Taemin smirked and stared intently into Baekhyun's eyes. Baekhyun smirked at him back.

 

Please comment that would be greatly appreciated thank you. :D