| kiss

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

 

chapter eight | kiss

 
{Eun Mi POV}
 
Say what? Kiss Eun Mi? Who the hell is that girl? I never knew there was another girl in this school with my name..
 
I glanced over to my side to see L with a shocked expression. C.A.P was smirking while L.Joe's jaw was dangling in midair. Another thing was, they were all staring at me.
 
Holy crap.
 
He meant me. As in this Eun Mi. The Jung Eun Mi. And why did I said all that instead of just saying a simple "me"?  I don't know. Probably because it sounds more dramatic that way.
 
I looked to my side to catch Myungsoo's reaction. His eyes were wide open and just by the looks of it, his body was tensed up. I gapped at C.A.P in disbelief.
 
"By Eun Mi," I gulped. "Do you mean me?" I pointed to myself. He gave me a nodded, followed by a mischievous grin.
 
It's official. God hates me.
 
I stood frozen in my place, not making a single movement.
 
"NO." I made a sudden outburst, then took a dash for it. It seemed to have startled the others, giving me a bit more time to run ahead, but to my dismay, they were slowly catching up. 
 
"YAH!" I heard a voice calling from behind. I wasn't sure but it seemed to be one of Teen Top's voices.
 
As I said, I'm not the most athletic person I know, and I just absolutely hate running. This felt like a wild goose chase. Bad thing is, I'm the goose. I would prefer being the chaser, thank you very much.
 
I ran through the hallway, a flurry of footsteps were heard behind me. Bumping into people as I went, a clamor of "Hey!"s and "Watch out!" s were heard. I spotted a stairway up ahead in the distance and mentally curse to myself. Now I'm really sure that God hates me. Thinking fast, I made a sharp turn on one of the corners and continued to run. I looked behind me to see that they were a safe distance away.
 
Hey. I hate running but that doesn't mean I can't run fast when it's needed. I continued running further just to be safe, then came to a stop, breathing and panting hard. I stood up, trying to catch my breath back when I felt someone grabbed my wrist.
 
I instantly flinched at the contact and my first reaction was to scream. My scream was muffled by someone's hands and I was dragged into a closet. 
 
"WHO THE HELL AR--" I finally yelled as I managed to pry the person's hands off for a split second, only to find out my screams were muffled again.
 
"So loud. Shut up and be quiet." I heard a familiar voice. I squinted my eyes to make out Myungsoo's face right in front of mine. Literally. His face was less then a feet away from me.
 
We stayed in absolute silence, only the sounds of our breathing could be heard. There was this awkward atmosphere surrounding us. My eyes unconsciously began to trace his features. His eyes,  his nose, to his perfect jawline. I can't lie. He's really good looking. My eyes wandered around until it landed on his lips. They were the perfect shade of pink and looked soft...and so... How do I say it. Kissable? 
 
I mentally slapped my head a few times and diverted my eyes somewhere else, trying to keep the image of his lips out of my mind. And let me say, it wasn't working well so far.
 
"Hey.." I said, trying to break the awkward silence.
 
"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" 
 
I scoffed at him. This guy and his attitude. Seriously.
 
"Hey," I started, only to be interrupted by him again. Seriously. What does this guy have against me talking? 
 
"Sh. I hear something." I stayed quiet. The sound of footsteps were heard coming our way. I widened my eyes and covered my mouth, preventing myself from making any sounds. The sounds of the footsteps against the floor was getting louder, indicating that they were getting closer to where we were. 
 
I suddenly felt my nose itching. Oh no..
 
"A-CHOO!" Oh .
 
The door bursted open to reveal C.A.P with a smug look on his face, while the others are all standing there with a bewildered expression. L.Joe's jaw was dangling in mid-air for the second time this morning.
 
"Caught you." C.A.P stated with a smirk. " If you guys wanted to kiss that fast, you could have just said so. No need to go into a closet and hide. Just what were you guys planning to do in there?"
 
My eyes widened. 
 
"Are you crazy man?! No! "I hollered.
 
"Are you sure? Look at you guys. You're so close to each other."
 
I looked down to see that L and I were practically squished against each other. My eyes widened and my hands pushed him away.
 
"Just what are you thinking?" I rolled my eyes.
 
He smirked. "Dirty things." 
 
Of course. That explains how he's L.Joe's friend.
 
 
{ L POV }
 
I cleared my throat and stepped out of the closet, closing the wooden door behind me. C.A.P raised an eyebrow and glanced over to a confused looking L.Joe.
 
"So?" 
 
"What?" I responded.
 
"The dare." I looked over to C.A.P who smirked. I scoffed and looked over to see Eun Mi. She noticed my gaze and gave me a slight nod. I stuck my tongue slightly in my left cheek and glanced at the guys.
 
"Parkour anyone?" I said, slightless breathlessly.
 
"What?" L.Joe's eyes widen. So, apparently, he seems to know what I'm planning.
 
I dashed to the right and ran down the halls, moving side to side to avoid bumping into people. A few shouts and footsteps were heard in the distance mixed with a few screams from the fangirls in the hallway. I turned my head to see the commotion and noticed that only L.Joe was chasing me now. The others had fell back way behind.
 
Playing kindergarten tag now, I see?
 
I turned my head back to the front and saw two men bringing in a ladder. What the hell are they using that for? Oh well. Not important now is it? The ladder was blocking my path so I had to do what I was going to do. Three feet away from the ladder, I leaped up, bringing my hands forward for that extra jump. The 2 men stared at me in awe. Hey, I don't blame them. It's not that everyone knows how to do this. 
 
I glanced back to see what L.Joe was going to do. He grabbed a hold of the ladder and pulled himself under it. Finding his way back up on his feet quickly, he smirked and started to run after to me again. I returned him with the same smirk and speed up my pace.
I tried to trick him and ran straight for a moment, but then swiftly turned to the stairs.
 
To not waste time, I jumped up and grabbed the metal bars, pulled myself up, and jumped over the rail. I smirked when I realized that our distance was getting longer. I repeated the same things until I got up to the last floor. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath, looking behind to see what L.Joe was doing. He jumped up and stood on the railing, sliding his feet down the pole. Impressive I must say, but not good enough. I gave a slight smirk and ran again.
 
Running to a corner, I lifted my legs against the wall and ran 4 steps against the surface to widen our distance. I chuckled slightly after leaving shoe prints on the pearl white walls. Ahead of me was a dead end and an open window. I looked out the window and saw below was a flat surface. It was a long jump, but I could make it. I ran back a few steps and heard L.Joe's cussing behind me.
 
One deep breath and I sprinted to the window. The window wasn't that big, but not that small either. Jumping through the window was like diving into the water. I could feel the air being punched out of me as I landed on the ground with a shoulder roll. I smirked to myself since I didn't see L.Joe anywhere in sight.
 
I could hear my heart pounding as I breathed in deeply. Scanning around the area of where I was, I detected someone clapping. I diverted my eyes towards the owner of the clapping sound and there stood L.Joe's gang.
 
"Nice performance L. You know you can't run away forever." C.A.P said with a smug look on his face. I looked around me once more to see that I'm not surrounded. Just how did this start? It was just a simple dare wasn't it.
 
"Oh I can. More importantly, can you catch up?" I responded as they walked closer to me. Every time they walked closer, I walked back. My feet hit the edge of the rooftop and I glanced below me. It was the parking lot of the school. Cars were parked below and there was a slim chance I would make it to a flat hard surface.
 
"Can't run away now,huh bunny boy?" A voice commented.
 
"You don't know what I got?" I retorted in a cool,calm manner and clicked my tongue.
 
I mentally got my body ready and inhaled deeply. Without knowing,I held my breath as I jumped upward. Having gravity help me, my body flipped backwards and landed, kneeling down beside two cars. I smirked to my good luck and started running. 
 
I should go find Eun Mi later. It seemed like she got my message earlier. She's pretty fast for a person who hates sports.
 
After a few steps away from my landing spot, L.Joe decided to play cops and robbers with me again. I rolled my eyes at his persistence and dashed forward again. Seeing a pole nearby, I clutched onto the cold metal and swung myself around to change my direction. L.Joe, who was caught off guard, turned,furrowed his eyes, and started running towards me again.
 
"Man. Are you really that weak? How long has it taken for you to catch me?" 
 
Hearing nothing, I turned behind me to see that he wasn't there. But then I turned back to see a triumphant L.Joe . He grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulled me slightly closer, and smirked. 
 
"Bingo," He said quietly so only the two of us can hear. We glared into each other's eyes and cursed the day the latter was ever born. 
 
"You wasted your breath for nothing. You have until the end of the day to do this. Quoted by C.A.P." he let go of my collar while giving me a hard shove along with it then dusted his hands after.
 
"Repeat that?" I raised my eyebrow at him.
 
"End of the day. The moment the bell rings and you haven't finished the dare, slave time." He smirked.
 
I growled. "Fine."
 
"Public. Kiss has to be in public."
 
"I said I got it." I scoffed and walked away in the opposite direction. I continued walking until I reached the school garden. I stopped on my tracks as I caught the sight of someone behind a tree. I raised my eyebrow. "Eun Mi?"
 
She heard my voice and looked in my direction, her head popped out from behind the tree.
 
"You managed to get away?" she asked with a soft voice. I shrugged.
 
"End of the day to complete the dare." I stated bluntly, walking towards a bench and sitting down. Her full body emerged from the tree and walked towards me. She sat down on an empty space on the bench.
 
"Who said you could sit there?" I asked in a monotone voice. She scoffed.
 
"What? You own this bench or something?"
 
I chuckled at her response and leaned back against the bench, closing my eyes. "I could if I wanted to."
 
"Tch..Arrogant.." she mumbled.
 
I opened one eye and looked at her.
 
"What'd you say?"
 
"Nothing." I closed my eyes again.
 
"Hey Myungsoo.."
 
"L." I corrected.
 
"Where are you from? Death Note?" she rolled her eyes.
 
"Call me L."
 
"Why? I like calling you Myungsoo better. It's a nice name."
 
"I don't like that name." I stated, sounding a bit harsher then I intended to.
 
She paused for a moment, then let out a slight whisper. "Why?.."
 
My eyes darkened. "It reminds me of my brother."
 
Eun Mi gave me a puzzled expression. 
 
"Kim Moonsoo. He was my younger brother."
 
"Was?.." she questioned, taking notice of the change in verb tense.
 
" He died." 
 
Her face expression changed instantly. She held an expression that I couldn't really describe. It was a mix of sadness or pity, I'm not sure. We sat there in complete silence until she spoke up.
 
"Myu-- " she stopped abruptly. " L... The dare.."
 
I sighed in irritation. " Want to do it?"
 
"I don't know..If we don't do it..you know what happens.." she sighed.
 
" You want to try?" 
 
She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me questionably. "Try what?.."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Are you always this dumb?"
 
"Jerk." she mumbled under her breath. 
 
"What did you call me?" I eyed her. 
 
"I said nothing!"  she cried, then ran behind the tree. I chuckled slightly to myself. I'm amused at how much she acts like a kid. I walked to the tree and placed my hand on the tree bark behind her, leaning my face down to her level. 
 
"You're so clueless." I smirked. 
 
She scoffed. "Thank you for the input Mr. Know - it - all. "
 
"You want to do a little test run before the real thing?" I smirked, inching closer to her. I could clearly feel her body tensing up.
 
"E-Eh?" she stuttered.
 
"Don't act like you don't know. Let's give it a test run before we do the real thing." 
 
She widened her eyes as I started coming closer, leaning towards her. 
 
Closer. Closer. Closer.
 
Our faces were just a few inches away from each other. Eun Mi's eyes were tightly closed.
 
"JUNG EUN MI. Get your over here!" A voice interrupted. I looked to my side to see who it was. Of course.
 
 
[L.Joe POV ]
 
No. No. NO.
 
That in bastard is with Eun Mi. He's teasing her. I can tell. No. Only I can do that. Only I , Lee Byunghyun is the only one who can .
 
My eyes widened as I saw him lean in on her. 
 
MY GOD. THEY ARE NOT KISSING.
 
Why is this so much like those scenes in K dramas? It's so in unbelievable. I couldn't help it but feel angry. They cannot complete the dare. Just not. And L, you in bastard, don't touch her. 
 
Don't get me the wrong way. No. I am not jealous. This isn't one of those cases in those kdramas or fanfics you fans watch or read. I repeat once again. I am not jealous. You know what happens if I loose this competition. If they complete this dare, what happens if I can't complete the next one? I'm going to have to be their slave. in slave. And I cannot afford that. No. Just no.
 
Before I had time to think, my actions took over. I came running towards their direction. 
 
"JUNG EUN MI! Get your over here!"
 
L stopped what he was doing and looked up, his eyes narrowed at me.
 
"Well, look what the cat dragged in. Jealous?" he smirked. I scoffed.
 
"Jealous. Of you kissing her? Please, I would sell my soul to the devil instead of kissing her,"I stopped for a moment and noticed how Eun Mi was glaring in my direction.
 
"Besides, you two have to kiss in front of the group and I'm letting you guys cheat." I slightly made up an excuse. Hey, it's true. And I repeat, no I am not jealous. 
 
L raised an eyebrow at me and stepped away from Eun Mi. I glanced over to her. I knew she tried to avoid any eye contact with me as she clenched her jaw. I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the tree, all the way back inside the school. 
 
"YAH! STUPID POODLE! LET ME GO!" she yelled from behind, slapping my hand while I dragged her into a empty hallway.
 
"Yah! Are you deaf?! Can't you at least treat a female nicely?!" she bickered. I rolled my eyes at her remark and turned around to facing her. Pulling her closer to me, I slightly smirked.
 
"Treat you better? You? A female? You're kidding me right?" I responded and clicked my tongue. She scoffed and threw my hand to the side.
 
"What kind of problem do you have with Myungsoo?!" she grumbled. I got pissed.
 
"Would you ing stop bringing that bastard up?!" she flinched at my tone and glared at me.
 
"So? What do you do care?!" she paused for a moment. "OH YEAH! That's right! You don't care about anything do you?!" she yelled back, giving me a death glare before storming off.
 
Aish, that .What did I say? She's a female dog. Not a female. I took a deep breath before going after her. 
 
"Yah ! Where do you think you're going?!" I called after her. 
 
She turned around to glare at me. "To class!" she replied curtly at me. Oh right class...
 
I started to follow her around for the whole day, up to the extent where she wanted to kick me in the balls again. And why am I following her around you ask? Well someone has to make sure L and her don't kiss, or even get comfortable enough to complete the dare. What can I say? I'm such a team player aren't I?
 
It was lunch time and I was still following her around. I swear you could see the smoke coming out of her head because of the annoyance. Eun Mi's friends came up beside her with their trays, staring at me weirdly.
 
"What?" I said, returning the weird stare back.
 
"You seriously have no life don't you? Look at you. You're stalking her," the taller one remarked.
 
"Such a terrible stalker. If you wanted to stalk her, you could like hide behind a bush of something! Walking besides her is such a fail," the shorter one added.
 
"What? Stalk this?" I pointed to her head, "No way. I have better things to do."
 
"Relax guys. Hes just being an ." she rolled her eyes at the end of the sentence. Once I felt like she was "safe" over with her friends, I headed over to the group to tell them the news.
 
"So... you're just following her around for the whole day and basically ing her and that L dude?" Changjo summarized after hearing my plan. 
 
"Basically. It's torture hearing the complain all day but it's better then being slave." I answered, fixing my eyes over to Eun Mi's table when I noticed that L was walking towards her. A wave coming from them both sent me dashing to L.
 
Reaching the dude, I swung my right arm over his shoulder, turned him around and lead him to the opposite direction.
 
"Hey L~ Nice day we're having right?Look at the sun, the birds~ Embrace Mother Nature~ Go go, nothing to see over here. It's all dead and dull with the around. Bye have a nice day~" I quickly distracted him for a moment and sent him towards to my group. 
 
I signaled the other members to distract him so he won't ruin my plan. I looked back at Eun Mi and saw her stomp her way somewhere else. I walked my way over to her and discovered that she was talking to L again. How'd he get to her so quick!?
 
 What the hell?! That dude is like a magical wooden spoon that can shift-shape into a human and just appears out of no where,rising from the ground! 
 
...
 
Okay, not like that,but you get what I mean.
 
I sprinted to Eun Mi and swung my arm around her. She flinched a bit. Her eyes widen as I slowly guided her to another location. 
 
"Don't you have other things to do. I'm doing you a favor so you won't have to talk to this witch. See ya, dude~" I said to a shocked looking L. 
 
She slapped my hands off her shoulders. 
 
"Ow! What was that for for?!" I screamed at her while rubbing my hands.
 
She scrunched her face at me and walked away. 
 
"Eun Mi!" I heard a scream coming from the other side of the hallway. I turned back to see a guy running towards her. Man, you do not know who you're heading towards. He halted to a stop in front of her and smiled. I recognized him as the guy who stole my clothes in pe that other day.
 
"What is it Chun Seuk?" 
 
"What are you doing?" he blinked at her.
 
"Walking in the hallway..what else?" she replied. Of course. I didn't expect a nice reply from her. She's a after all.
 
Chun Seuk fumbled through his backpack before pulling out something. He smiled and handed it to Eun Mi.
 
"Here~" he held out a cupcake.I gave the dude a what-the--are-you-doing look. Why the hell is he giving something to her? Out of all the people in this school, why the brat? She smiled and took the present, giving him a slight chuckle.
 
"Thanks~ I didn't think you'd seriously bring one for me." she asked while munching on the cupcake. 
 
"Then reward me with a hug~" Eun Mi glared at him before rolling her eyes. "No. Go bother Min Kyu or Mi Kyong about it. I'm sure they're willing to give you a hug. Please note my sarcasm." Of course. Her side is coming out. Chun Seuk's eyes shifted over to me.
 
"Oh. He's here?" he raised his eyebrow at me while I did the same towards him. She shrugged.
 
"He's being an . Total pain in the . Don't worry." she wiped and smiled, giving him a pat on the head. "Thanks. Now shoo dog shoo." 
 
She walked away with me following after her.
 
"Yah! Why are you so nice to him?" I asked, tagging along. 
 
"I'm mean to you because you're an to me. Simple." she turned around and faced me, a smirk forming on her lips. "Why? Jealous?" I smirked in response.
 
"Do you want me to be?" she scoffed at my response and continued walking. "Bluffing now aren't we?"  
 
I continued to follow her through the hallway when she suddenly turned around and stopped me, hands raised in the front.
 
"Woah! You're not following me in the restroom are you?"  She raised her eyebrow. "I'm a girl. You're a dog, and dogs don't go into female restrooms," Eun Mi stuck her tongue at me and headed towards the restroom. I rolled my  eyes and just stood nearby waiting for her.
 
, I look like I'm her boyfriend.
 
...
 
EWWW.
 
I don't get it. She's in bipolar man. She's nice (well..partly) to that Chun Seuk guy and she's all irritated with me. Sheesh. Bipolar.
 
The bell rung and she came out glaring as soon as she saw me. I rolled my eyes. See?
 
", just skip your way to 5th and 6th period. You've got a dare to attend," I said, using my usual attitude towards her. She made a disgusted face at me and stuck her tongue out before heading to her classroom. 
 
 
[Eun Mi POV]
 
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. I stared at the clock. Damn you time. Can't you just slow down?
 
I shifted my gaze back over to the clock, mentally counting down in my head.
 
Five..Four...Three..Two...One...
 
I sighed heavily, standing up and heading towards the teacher's desk.
 
"Mrs. Kim..may I head to the nurse? I don't feel well." She nodded her head while I dismissed myself, carrying my backpack with me. Eun Mi you liar.
 
I walked through the hallway. Apparently, everyone is going to meet in the hallway to finish the dare. After a few minutes, the group was in sight. Min Kyu, Mi Kyong were already there, along with some people in Teen Top and Infinite. A while later, everyone arrived. 
 
C.A.P smirked, giving me a smug look and nodded his head towards L. 
 
Hello hell. Here I come.
 
L and I stood there facing each other, both with blank expressions on our face. I glanced at the clock to see there was barely 3 minutes left.
 
"Let's..just get this over with.." I mumbled to L while he had his usual straight face on. I could feel the stares of everyone. All their eyes were focused on L and I. 
 
I took a deep breath before I stepped closer to him. He did the same, making the distance between us disappear. I was starting to get nervous. My eyes glanced at the clock again to see there was only 2 minutes left. Crap.
 
We both started to lean in. My breathing was becoming uneven while my heart was pounding against my chest. I'm not lying when I say I'm nervous. The atmosphere was becoming intense. Leaning in even more, the distance between our faces were only a few inches. Our noses were now touching each other. Just one more move and our lips would touch. 
 
I gulped. Just..a little bit more.. 
 
RIIINNGGG~~
 
....
 
Oh .
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Omg, I can't state how sorry I am right now. I am so sorry subscribers! We haven't updated this like for 2-3 months! Omg. I should go jump off a cliff now.
 
I'm sorry. I sometimes have a busy schedule, always have internet problems, and my damn computer shutting down every time I'm trying to write isn't helping that much either. I'm such a bad author! Bad panda. Bad bad panda.
 
I'm going to try updating this as often as possible to make up for the time I'm gone. And sorry for leaving you hanging with a cliffhanger for so long. lol. I just noticed we have a cliff hanger again. LOOL. 
 
Hope you enjoyed this update! 
 
-iSoul