| new student

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

 

chapter three | new student


 

[ Eun Mi POV ]

 

   "WOULD YOU JUST PLEASE SHUT UP FOR ONE SECOND?!" I shouted, slamming the door of my locker closed.

    "One. Okay. One second over. I can talk again."

I sighed. Chun Seuk just never knows when to shut up does he?

    "Kya! Teen Top is here~" a senior girl screamed causing the school ground to become a sea of crazy fan girls. 

 

"L.Joe oppa!"    "Ricky! You're so cute!"   "Niel!! Will you please marry me??!!"

 

I sighed. I looked over to where the commotion was. 

You know those scenes in dramas like Boys Over Flowers and stuff? Where these guys walk down and the video plays in slow motion with light shining all around them while there's a big giant crowd of fans surrounding them? Yeah. This is one of those moments. Thought it only happens in dramas? Nah. It happens in real life too.

And yes I'm being serious. There's actually light shining on them. Some crazy people decided to waste their precious money buying a whole light set just to shine it on those guys when they walk in. My school is weirder then you think.

I started giggling to myself. Min Kyu looked at me with a weird face.

    "Eun Mi?..Am I hallusinating or are you giggling like a freaky idiot?.."

    "I think both." I smiled at her.

And so why am I giggling like a freaky idiot? Oh. You'll know why soon enough. I smirked to myself.

I saw a girl walking up to L.Joe, holding a cake box.

    "O-Oppa...will you please accept this?" the girl asked in a innocent voice.

L.Joe smiled.

    "Sure. Why not." 

She opened up the box for him and left him a little suprise.

There was a big gun shot sound, and confetti started popping up. I laughed hesterically at L.Joe's expression. Oh gosh! It was priceless I tell you! Have you ever seen a poddle standing there with confetti on his head? No? It's a pretty funny sight.

I walked over to where he was standing. He looked pretty pissed. I smiled to myself.

    "Did you enjoy the confetti?" I asked in a cute voice. I started laughing like an idiot. "Bet you didn't expect that poodle."

    "Yeah I didn't expect it alright."

    "Oh. And I bet you didn't expect this either."

    "What?"

And then, the cake went right onto his face. I started cracking up again. I knew he was pissed at me. Do I care? NO!

I took my index finger and whipped some of the cream off his cheek. I put it my mouth to taste it. 

     "It's yummy~!" I cried, smiling as I wiped some more cream to eat. I walked away giggling like an idiot, leaving L.Joe there with a cake in his face. 

Revenge. Is it not clear that I love getting my revenge?

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

I sat staring out the window of the class. I'm spacing out again. Why? Math is boring.

    "Students. We have a new student today." the teacher suddenly announced.

Great. I hate having new students in class. Well to be specific, a female student. You know why? Let's make the long story short. Basically, if it's another girl student, then she'd go crazy over L.Joe and then that'd make her my enemy. Mostly, any girl that is a fan of L.Joe hates me. I know. So basically, most of the girls in this school hates me. I know. Great life.

I sighed, waiting for the student to walk in. It was a guy. .... IT WAS A GUY! Yes! That means one less L.Joe crazy fan! HALLELUHA! God loves me! I took a look at the new student.

He had dark bown hair that fell to one side of his eye. His eyes were dark brown, his lips a light pink. I've got to say, he was good looking. You, know, like one of those idols on T.V? 

    "Guys. This is Myungsoo. Kim Myun--" 

     "L." he intruppted the teacher in the middle of her sentence.

     " Excuse me?"

     " People call me L. Just call me that." he said with the same blank expression.

L? What is with people and weird names there days? Where is he from? Death Note?

     " Well then..Everyone, please treat L-sshi well."

Whispers then roamed the class.

 

"Hey! He's pretty cute!"   "Damn! That boy is good looking!"  "Oh my gosh! He is hot!"    "Even his name sounds so cool!"

 

I rolled my eyes. 

    "Myungsoo, your seat is next to Eun Mi." The teacher point to the empty seat right next to mine. Why me? Out of all people why me? Point to one of those girls. I'm sure they'd love to have him sit next to them.

The girls shot me death glares. 

 

 "She already has L.joe oppa's attention. And now she gets to sit next to L too?"     "Yeah. She isn't even that pretty in my opinion."

 

Yeah. At least I feel natural and pure. Not full of plastic like you plastic dolls. People are just way too confident these days.

Myungsoo made his way to the seat next to mine. He didn't talk at all. He had this kind of dark aura around him that made you scared of him.

    "Hi." I smiled as he plopped himself down onto the chair.

    He ignored me and just turned to face the board. Well..talk about being rude. 

I stared at him from the side and traced his face line. I must admit, he's got good features. I kept staring until he turned to the side. I quickly looked away and pretended to stare out of the window. He looked at me with a weird expression, then shrugged and turned to face at the board at he front.

    "Umm..I'm Eun Mi..What's your name?"

I mentally slapped myself for asking such a dumb question. 

    "Are you deaf or do you have a memory span of 3 seconds? Because the teacher just introduced me when I came in." he said in a monotone.

I laughed nervously. I turned around and pouted. 

    "Hey. So, you enjoying school so far?.."

I mentally slapped myself once again for asking another dumb question. Jung Eun Mi. Just how stupid are you at times?

     "I've been here for about 2 minutes. So, how am I supposed to know?"

Tch. This guy is almost L.Joe level arrogant. 

[Myungsoo POV]

I felt another tap on my shoulder. Oh what now.

    "Hey..so..how about this problem."

    "Don't you get ANYTHING?!" I asked annoyed.

    "Hey..I'm just really weak in this area.." she pouted.

Seriously. How much more annoying can this girl get? She constantly bothers me with random questions and asks me about the smallest things. What a great partner. 

I ignored her. She pouted and looked back down to her own paper. She started scribbling, then stopping halfway, then erasing everything and starting the problem over. It continued for a few minutes. I grew fustrated watching her.

I snatched the pencil out of her hand.

    "Here. Last time I'm going to explain to you." I started writing out the equation on the paper and solving it. She watched me carefully, listening and watching my every step. I finished the problem and put the pencil down, then let out a sigh. She smiled.

    "I get it now! Thank you chingu ah~" she smiled at me.

    "Yah. Who said I was your friend?!" I snapped.

She pouted.

    "Tch. So mean.." she looked at the board and started jotting down some notes. She stopped and looked at me. I was just sitting on my chair, staring at the ceiling.

     "How come you aren't taking any notes?" she titled her head and gave me a puzzled expression.

      "Don't want to." I replied in the same monotone I always use.

      "Then how come you can still do the problems?" 

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe, I'm just a natural born genius." I gave her a small smirk. 

     "Tch. Arrogant." She mumbled, then looked back down at her paper and started doing her work, this time, with a little bit less erasing.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair. So annoying..

 

[Eun Mi POV]

Mi Kyong, Min Kyu, and I waited in the lunch line. We were talking happily -that was - until someone cut us.

    "Um, excuse me? I was here first." I tapped the girl on her shoulder.

She turned around and gave me a pissed look. 

    "And?"

    "I was here first, and you just cutted me, which was not fair."

She scoffed.

    "Psh. What a kid." Oh god, here we go again.

    "Look here. I was trying to be nice, but it seemed your head is pure metal and I'm going to have to do it the hard way." 

    "What the! Who is this girl?! Do you even KNOW who I am?! I am Hyuna of 4Minute!"

I rolled my eyes. 

    "What's so great about being in 4Minute? I don't even know how you got your group name. I mean you have 5 people in the group yet you name is four minute. And what the hell does the minute mean in the group name? Because it makes no sense and just sounds completely stupid." I stated, while Hyuna was there looking at me with a disgusted face. I paused in the middle of my sentence, then smiled sweetly at her. 

     "Oh! I forgot! It's because the people in the group are stupid themselves!"

    "You really have no manners do you?"

    "Says the girl who cutted someone in line." I rolled my eyes. My voice was oozing out sarcasm.

    "Was that sarcasm?"

    "No idiot. What'd you think it was? A unicorn?"

    "You're not even pretty."

    "Like do I care? At least I'm natural and pure. It's alot better then being full of plastic."

    "YOU LITTLE ." 

    "Well, the little part doesn't fit in considering that you're about the same height as me." I smiled.

     "You-" 

    "Look. I was here first. You cutted me. To make things easy, get out of line before I make things worse." 

    "And who are you to tell me what to do."

    "Oh I'm your mother. That's who I am." I said sarcastically.

My friends were cherring for me from the sidelines. It seemed that the whole cafeteria had their attention on us. What can I say? Jung Eun Mi. The only person who has the guts to stand up with the school Queenka Hyuna.

I started to walk away up she slapped my hand, making me turn back. Right then, I became pissed.

      "Did you just hit me?" I asked in a calm voice, trying to hold my anger inside.

      "Yes I did. What are you going to do about it?" she gave me her digusting fake smile. 

       "Just get out of the way." I said, pushing her out of my path. She slapped my arm again, then yanked me around.

Did that girl just hit me again?

     "Why you little!" Hyuna held up her hand, about to slap me across the face. I grabbed her hand, before the slap could land on my face. I looked at her face and gave her a glare. I could feel her weaken.

    "Look. Let's just settle this the easy way. You move, I get my food, and things are back to normal. Now kindly move out of the way before I'm forced to use violence." I stated in a monotone, staring at her with my ice cold expression. I could sense her becoming scared. I threw her hand down and went ahead to get my food.

The things I have to deal with at school..

 

{No One POV}

 

Eun Mi closed her textbook, sighing. She had to stay after school to finish some homework. She sat in the empty classroom, looking out the window. The wind was blowing. Eun Mi closed her eyes and let the wind blow through her hair. You've already heard her. She loves nature, when it's not messing with her.

The door of the classroom opened. Eun Mi opened her eyes to look in that direction. She saw Myungsoo standing there.

    "Oh hey. You're still here?" she asked.

He ignored her and walked to his desk.

    "Okay?.." she replied, looking back down at her work. The school was empty. Most of the students has already gone home. It was peaceful for her. No chatters of the noisy students, just her and the sound of the leaves rustling when the wind blew through them. She actually like it here more then at home.

    "Hey L..."

    "What?"

    "Why are you always frowning?"

     "None of your business. Why do you care anyways?"

Eun Mi pouted.

    "There it is again. You always have tha don't-get-near-me aura around you. It creeps people out."

    "I'm actually suprised that you aren't creeped out yet."

    "That's because I think of you as a friend!"

Myungsoo continued with his work, ignoring Eun Mi's pressence.

Eun Mi started to stare at L's side profile. 

He's really handsome..

Eun Mi then started noticing his hair. She really had this big temptation to touch it.

She then reached her hand out, touching his hair. He hated it when people touched his hair. Usually, he would immediatly slap their hand away. But this time, for some odd reason, he didn't.

    "You know..at first I thought it was really hard and spikey..your hair is actually really soft!" she exclaimed, amazed at how soft his hair was. "Aigoo..I'm sorry. I just got so tempted to touch it.." Eun Mi said, rubbing the back of her head.

    "Just don't do it again.." he mumbled under his breath.

    "Okay chingu ah~"

    "Yah! How many times do I have to say don't call me that?!" he snapped at her and frowned.

    "Aish. You're frowning again!" she pouted. Eun Mi reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of candy, then placed it on his desk.

    "Here. Candy is sweet and can make you smile. Eat it." she smiled at him.

    "Why would I want that.." 

    "You know you're lucky. Besides my two best friends, you're the only person I'm actually willing to give my food too. "

Eun Mi waved goodbye and left the room. Myungsoo just stared at her with a bewildered expression.

This girl is messing with my brain..

[ Eun Mi POV ]

I arrived at the front door of my house, secretly sighing. Opening the door with the twist of the knob, I stepped inside and took off my shoes, placing them by the door. 

"I expected you to be better then this! A B+?!"

"I really tried! You just have to get that this subject is hard for me!"

"Excuses, excuses, excuses. Is that all you can come up with?! Why don't you spend your time studying instead of wasting it on coming up with these fake excuses!"

I frowned as I heard the conversation going on in the living room. It's like this everytime, it's always been like this. Why does she have to keep pushing us so hard? 

"Umma! Give him a break would you?!" I interupted her lecture, dropping my bag on the floor before running over to Eun Jo's side.

"Noona.." he whispered, looking at me as I gave him a reassuring smile.

"I could also put the blame of this on you Eun Mi. I expected you to help him even more then this. Why didn't you make sure that he was maintaining his grade properly?!" 

I could feel myself getting even more furious by the moment. Just talk back to her Eun Mi. Talk back. You have nothing to loose.

"And you're in the position to be saying that?! You're never home, always too busy about work. You were never here to witness how hard he tries everyday. Not once have you ever uttered a single word of encouragement to him. It's always insults and lectures for him to be better. Don't you understand how hard he's trying?! He's trying. I know that and that's enough for me."

She scoffed at my response. "I see you've learned to speak back to your mom now right Eun Mi."

"No. But I have learned to speak and stand up for what I think is right. And I'm doing that right now." I stated confidently, standing in front of Eun Jo and sheilded him.

"Whatever. I don't even know why I believed in you two to take after me and become the top of everyone. It's useless. I'm going now. Just remember I'm your source of life. " She grabbed her bag and headed outside to wherever it is she's going, slamming the door on her way out.

I bent down and patted Eun Jo's head, noticing how he was close to tears. I smiled at him softly while nudging his shoulder.

"I'm a pig you say? How dare you. You want this pig noona to kill you right now?" I joked, poking him on the side.

He started laughing, wiping the tears that were forming on the brim of his eyes. "Of course not! But that doesn't change the fact that you're still a pig~!" he cried, running upstairs to his room to escape from me. I smiled at how he was happy once again. Keep on smiling like that Eun Jo. You're strong afterall.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTES: And at last we finished this chapter~ It took pretty long too .__. DERP FACE! Lol so random >3<

Oh yeah! Did you see the new character chart I made? Like it? Tell me what you think~ I'm a beginner at poster making XD Tell me your opinion~

Comment and subscribe! And please COMMENT!!

-iSoul