| different sides

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

 

chapter ten | different sides

[ Eun Mi POV ]
 
All I could do was stare at the guy standing before me. My eyes were locked on him while he was wearing that childish grin of his like always.
 
"Ow my feet!"   " Yah slave! what was that for?!"    "Are you even listening to me?!"
 
I ignored L.Joe's complaints in the back, causing him to grumble curse words under his breath.
 
"I'm back Mimi!" Minwoo cried. I stared at him for a couple minutes, causing his happy expression to turn into a worried one. "Mimi..you okay?.." He started waving his hand back and forth between my face while I kept the same expression. "Hello?...Earth to Eun Mi?.."
 
I couldn't do anything but just stand there and blink. Before I knew it, I broke into a huge smile, hugging him with all my might.
 
"Minwoo! You're back! Stupid kangaroo! I hate you! Why'd you leave me all of a sudden like that?! I didn't have any contact with you either! I hate you!" I started yelling, blabbering anything that could come to my mind. Minwoo gave me a soft smile before returning the hug.
 
 
[L.Joe POV]
 
I stood there awkwardly staring at Eun Mi and this so called "Minwoo" guy. 
 
"Ahem." I cleared my throat to get their attention. She frowned before throwing daggers at me through her eyes. 
 
"Erm.. who's he?" one of Eun Mi's friends remarked. I recognized her as the short one from the cafeteria yesterday.
 
Eun Mi gave them a bright smile - which I can say she'll never give to me - and clung on to Minwoo's arm.
 
is that her boyfriend? 
 
Oh wait.. why do I care? 
 
"This is Minwoo. My childhood friend." she paused for a moment and pouted. "Who suddenly left me for no apparent reason." 
 
I smirked while looking at him. "Sick of her I guess? Pretty much what I expected from the ."  She glared at me, indicating I should shut up before she cuts my precious balls off.
 
"Hey. I didn't leave you for no reason!" he argued. " We had to move away and I didn't want to tell you since I knew you'd cry if you did.." Her eyes softened as she heard Minwoo explain.  "Forgive me?~" he started to give her puppy eyes, causing me to puke on the inside.
 
"Aish..Roo Roo.. Fine fine." she rolled her eyes. That's new. She gave into him.
 
"Yah, hurry up and get going." I ordered her. She rolled her eyes at me while Minwoo raised his eyebrow. I returned the same expression to him.
 
"Mimi, who's that?" he nodded his head in my direction. Eun Mi rolled her eyes.
 
"An , that likes to annoy me whenever he can and is an orange haired poodle." she explained, picking up the books that she dropped onto my feet earlier. Oh now that I remembered that, I'll have to make her pay for dropping the books. No, not because I care about the books. But because she dropped it onto my precious feet and it hurt like hell.
 
Minwoo gave her a slight chuckle before patting her head. "Since when did you become so aggressive?" 
 
"Ever since you left.." she mumbled barely audible, but enough for me to hear from the distance where I was.  
 
"What?" he asked again, not being able to hear what she said. She shrugged it off and just smiled. "Nothing~" This is seriously making me wonder what's up with that girl.
 
"There, I picked up your books. Now here." she placed all the books onto my arms, making me lean forward because of the weight. "Take them home. Okay bye." I opened my mouth to argue, but found out she was already walking away with Minwoo and her two other friends.
 
I growled. .
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
"Oh my gosh! Did that really happen?!" her friend, which I finally learned was Min Kyu, started laughing at loud. 
 
It was lunch time and everyone was sitting at the lunch table. Eun Mi and Minwoo were talking about their embarrassing moments from when they were kids. Everyone was laughing along with I sat there sulking. 
 
I looked at Eun Mi who was smiling while talking to Minwoo. It bothered me. I don't know why. She seems so close to Minwoo and I just don't like it.
 
"Yah slave, buy me a drink." I ordered, trying to get her attention. She furrowed her eyebrows at me. "You have a drink right in front of you." she stated, before resuming her talk with Minwoo. I looked down to see she was right.
 
"No. I want a Pepsi. Go get me a Pepsi." I stated with a straight face.  She rolled her eyes and got up while I slightly smirked to myself. I stopped as soon as I heard Minwoo offer to go with her. 
 
"I'm going with you." I stated bluntly. She raised her eyebrow. "Minwoo, you can stay here. I'll go." She stared me me as if I was dressed in a chicken suit.
 
"..Suit yourself then." she finally responding, making her way to the doors of the cafeteria. I smiled to myself in victory before following her.
 
Placing the one dollar bill into the slot, she pressed the button for the Pepsi, tapping her feet while waiting for it to come out. After hearing a thud, Eun Mi bent down, grabbing the can. 
 
"Here." she said, giving it to me with a blank face. I grabbed it, about to thank her, only to find out she was already heading towards Minwoo. 
 
"Psh. ." I grumbled under my breath, opening the soda and taking a drink.
 
 
 
[Eun Mi POV]
 
 
It was after school and I was roaming around in the hallway. I had stayed after to study find some books in the library while the rest headed off without me.
 
L.Joe has been even more annoying ever since I met Minwoo again. He's bipolar. I swear he's happy one moment and the next he gets all grumpy and annoyed.
 
I sigh in content as I continued walking down the hall, enjoying the silence of the after school hours. It was nice; just the sound of the leaves rustling while the wind was blowing lightly against it. I stopped when I heard something from far away.
 
"It sounds like a song.." I mumbled to myself.Curious, I started heading in the direction of the noise. I got close enough to make out a song being played on a guitar while a voice singing was accompanied with it.
 
The song got louder as I realized I was getting closer towards it. I stopped walking when I realized I was in front of the old music room of the school. They claimed this one was too old and abandoned this place. 
 
I peeked through the window to see if I could get a glimpse of who it was.
 
Myungsoo.
 
He abruptly stopped playing once he realized someone was at the door. I opened the door slightly, poking my head in through the crack. 
 
"Hi?.." I said. He raised his eyebrow at me before asking, "What are you doing?"
 
"I was going to go home..until I heard a noise and.. it led me here..Sorry.." I explained, rubbing the back of my neck. 
 
"Whatever." he responded before returning his attention to the guitar. 
 
"So you play?" I asked while he gave me a short nod in response. "Do you?" he asked.
 
I pouted and shook my head. "I'm envious of people who can play either piano or guitar." I chuckled lightly to myself. "I love the sound of the two instruments. Especially when it's an acoustic or a ballad song. It just makes me feel at peace." I stopped when I realized what I was saying and laughed. "Sorry. I don't know why I said that. You probably don't care about it any--"
 
"Want me to teach you?" he abruptly asked, interrupting me in the middle of my sentence. Usually, I would be annoyed since he always cuts me off, but I was curious about his question.
 
"What?" I asked, a bit bewildered due to what he just said.
 
"I asked you if you wanted me to teach you. So?" he raised his eyebrow at me. I was confused, but then nodded as an answer.
 
"Here." he patted to a seat next to him. I walked over and plotted myself down onto the chair. 
 
"Do you already know all the name of guitar's strings?" I nodded and he continued explaining. "Then you'll need to learn the chords of the guitar. Let's start with G then." He continued explaining to me, showing me where to place my fingers on the strings.
 
"No, move it a bit up. Right here." he grabbed my finger and slowly pushed it up into the right position. It was weird. He touched me but I wasn't feeling too weird with it. I was actually comfortable with it. The atmosphere surrounding us wasn't the usual awkward one that was always there.
 
I couldn't help, but notice whenever he played, he seemed like a different person. In a moment, the ice cold L just disappeared. I smiled to myself a little. Maybe this guy does have a soft side after all.
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
I was walking down the streets, smiling to myself as I enjoyed the beauty of nature. It was spring and the flowers had all bloomed. The tree's leaves were a bright green color while the birds and butterflies were flying freely around. 
 
I passed by a park when I decided to stop there for a moment. Eun Jo was staying after school today so I had time before I went to pick him up.
 
I started walking throughout  the park, smiling at the sight of the children playing. It reminded me when I was a kid. Young and innocent, not caring about the world.
 
I was heading towards a park bench when I realized it was already occupied. There was a guy sitting there with black jeans and a hoodie that he had pulled up over his head. I was about to walk away when I thought he looked familiar. Way too familiar.
 
I walked closer to get a better view of him until I saw orange hair sticking out from under the hood. I could only think of one person.
 
L.Joe.
 
Yeah sure other people could dye their hair orange but seriously, who does that nowadays except him?
 
I found it ironic. L.Joe? At a park? What is he doing here anyway? I continued to head even closer. 
 
"Didn't expect you to be here." I stated bluntly while looking down at him. Hearing my voice, he lifted his head to face me. I widened my eyes when I saw his face.
 
There was an ugly bruise on his right cheek and there was blood on it. I looked at it until I reached his eyes. 
 
Something was wrong. The feeling in his eyes were different. There wasn't that slight twinkle in his eyes from when he teased me there. Instead, it almost seemed...sad. 
 
"What are you doing here?" he asked, almost angrily as I sat down next to him. 
 
I raised my eyebrow while looking at him. "Can I not be at the park?" 
 
He sighed and continued to stare at the grass. 
 
"What happened?" I asked. He seemed shocked at my question. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not asking because I care, if that's what you're wondering."
 
"Of course." 
 
"So? What happened?" I asked again, getting impatient since he was so slow.
 
"I get beat up." he replied curtly. I rolled my eyes in irritation. "By who?" 
 
"My dad." 
 
"Why? For being such an ?" I scoffed.
 
"He won't give me money to pay for my mother's hospital bills." 
 
I froze. I suddenly felt kinda bad for saying what I did. that. I felt really bad.
 
"Care to elaborate?"
 
He sighed, taking a deep breath before explaining everything to me.
 
"My mom has cancer, and I want to send her to a hospital so she could get treated. It's been months that I've been asking him for money now, but he's refusing. My mom's cancer is getting worse and all he cares about is saving up all the money for his business. He doesn't in care if she's going to die or what not. Bastard also claimed that she probably won't even survive. The maids are all trying their hardest to take care of her, but it's not helping at all. And I don't even get why I'm telling you this. I'm acting stupid right now. It's not like you care anyway." He took another deep breath after he finished.
 
I felt my heart softened as he explained to me what happened. It was almost as if he was a really nice person in this moment. 
 
I sighed, turning his head to face me. He stared at me in surprised. Using the end of my sweater, I began to slowly wipe off the blood on his cheek. I kept gently wiping until the blood was completely gone. I stopped and turned away. 
 
 
[L.Joe POV]
 
 
I froze the moment she turned my head around to face her. I was even more shocked when she suddenly started to wipe my cheek using end of the sleeve to her sweater. Is she actually caring about me right now?
 
I kept staring at her while he wiped my cheek. Her eyes were focused on getting the blood off, but at the the same time, they seemed gentle. 
 
She looked away after finishing and cleared . 
 
"See what you did? Now there's blood on my sweater. Thanks a lot." 
 
I couldn't help it but smile a little due to her comment. We suddenly heard crying. I turned around to see a little boy sitting on the grass crying. 
 
Eun Mi suddenly stood up and made her way to the boy. 
 
"What's wrong?" she asked in gentle voice that seemed way too weird for her.
 
"I bumped into a tree while running." He hiccuped in the middle of his sentence. "It hurts."
 
She gave him a slight chuckle and lifted his head up.
 
"Do you like Keroppi?" she asked. He nodded, still sniffling. She smiled and dug into her backpack, pulling out a keroppi band aid. She carefully stuck it onto his forehead and kissed it. I widened my eyes.
 
"There. Better? Be careful where you're going next time alright?" she gave him a big smile as he did the same. 
 
"Thank you Noona! I'll be sure to remember that!" he cried, waving to her while running away. I saw her laughing to herself as she waved back.
 
I was bewildered. First, she cared enough to clean off the blood for me, and now she was helping a little kid? The could actually be nice?
 
She gave me a questioning look when she saw me just sitting there with a blank face.
 
"What?" she asked, snapping out of my daze. 
 
"Nothing.." I mumbled. She shrugged it off and walked away from the bench. 
 
"Hey! Where are you going?" I hollered after her, running to catch up. 
 
"Food. I'm picking up my brother too." she replied while looking straight ahead, focusing on the road. She has a brother?
 
I continued trailing behind her as we made our way out of the park. I walked a little faster and now we were walking side by side. There was this awkward atmosphere surrounding us. 
 
It was silent while we were walking when she suddenly asked me a question.
 
"Why are you still following me?" When I didn't answer, she shrugged it off and continued with her walk.
 
"Where were you afterschool?" She raised her eyebrow when I started to defend myself. "Hey. I needed you to go do some stuff for me. That's all. "
 
Eun Mi rolled her eyes. "I was with Myungsoo." she replied.
 
I suddenly felt irritated. I don't know why. But I was annoyed.
 
"Who are you to be calling him by his real name?!" I snapped at her. She gaped at me in disbelief.
 
"Sheesh. Seriously, what problem do you have against him?" 
 
"You're annoying. Why am I even walking with you?!"
 
"Because you decided to follow me." she stated bluntly. 
 
"Aish. So annoying. Bye." I said, heading off in a different direction. I don't know what the hell I was doing by my body just reacted on it's one. While stomping away, all I could here was her mumbling some words that for some reason got me even more irritated.
 
"God. So bipolar."
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:  Yes, another update for you guys ^^ I'm trying to make up for the time I was gone. Hope you guys are happy with this chapter!
 
And aw, it's making me sad you aren't commenting. Where are all of you?~ I'm afraid you guys don't like it or like mad or something ;A; Happy reading~
 
-iSoul