| breaking his cold facade

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

 

chapter fifteen | breaking his cold facade

 
[L.Joe POV]
 
She can't swim. 
 
Oh my ing god SHE CAN'T SWIM!
 
In a moment, my body took over and I found myself lunging into the water going after Eun Mi. That was until I realized Minwoo had already beat me to it. 
 
I saw Eun Mi floating lifelessly in the water the moment I dived in. Minwoo was already by her side and I suddenly got angry at myself for not reacting faster. Her hair was a floating mess around her face,her eyes closed tightly while her lips were slightly parted. I felt myself swimming faster and soon reached where Minwoo and Eun Mi were at. I took her left arm and pulled her up as Minwoo did the same on the other side. We reached the surface and were instantly greeted with a crowd of people trying to help us get up. 
 
I was panting heavily while looking at her state. Her face was pale and it almost seemed as if she was already dead. Minwoo bent down to check on her since she was unconscious.
 
He furrowed his eyebrows. "She isn't breathing."
 
"She has a pulse though right?!" I screamed at him in panic. 
 
"Yeah she does." he sighed in relief while I furrowed my eyebrows. I swear Jung Eun Mi, if you die, I'm going to bring you back from hell. 
 
"Any of the teachers know CPR?!" They all shook their heads as I sighed in irritation. "Where's the nurse then?!"
 
"She's back in the cabins. A trip from here to the cabin and back is too late. She'll die by then." Minwoo stated, worried. I widened my eyes at the thought of Eun Mi dying. Hell no. I'm not letting you go that easily.
 
"Move." I stated, pushing Minwoo out of my way. 
 
"You know how to do CPR?"
 
"Yes. Now move." I said confidently, but I began to regret my words as I stared at her. Her face has gotten even paler if that was possible and she looked lifeless. Doing CPR on a doll and on a person is different. If I didn't do it right, she could possibly die. And this is Eun Mi I'm talking about. 
 
"HURRY UP!" Minwoo urged as I took a deep breath.
 
I started to compress her ribcage while counting in the progress. I realized how I then had to blow air in , which would mean my lips would touch hers. I suddenly got nervous.
 
Idiot. That's not the time to be thinking about that. Her ing life is on the line. I took a deep breath,  titled her head slightly and leaned forward, sealing her lips with mine.
 
I repeated the progress about 3 times but she still wasn't waking up. 
 
Goddamn it, Eun Mi, breathe.
 
I began to think I was doing it wrong and started panicking until I heard a slight cough coming from her. Water began pouring out from as I sighed in relief. Her eyes fluttered open and her first reaction was to hug Minwoo, even though I was sitting right besides her. I suddenly felt a bit rejected.
 
"Mimi, you're okay right?" Minwoo asked, hugging her while she coughed and nodded her head. Her eyes shot wide open as she started panicking.
 
"Roo Roo, the ring! What happened to it?!" Minwoo patted her back while she was trying to get some words out in between coughs. She seemed so weak that it seemed new to me.
 
"Slow down with the talking.You're still weak."  Minwoo patted her back.
 
"But the ring--" she began to argue back. 
 
"Don't worry. I got it. Here." L arrived on cue, bending down and handing the ring to her. Her eyes lit up as she pulled him into a hug. 
 
For the second time, I felt a sudden pang in my heart. She was completely ignoring me. Did really she hate me that much?
 
[Eun Mi POV]
 
I had this horrible feeling in my stomach that I couldn't really describe. There was a gross taste in my mouth from when I threw up the water. I automatically hugged Minwoo the moment I saw him. I couldn't help it. I've been with him ever since I was young and he gave me this really safe feeling I couldn't really describe.
 
Panicking, I started to ask him where my ring was, coughing in between my sentences. I swear I was the happiest person on earth when L showed me he found it. I was just that happy to pull him into a hug.
 
My eyes shifted over to L.Joe who was on his knees, staring at me with a blank expression. He didn't say anything and just sat there.
 
"How'd it happen?" Minwoo asked. I rolled my eyes as I nodded in Hyuna's direction. 
 
"Princess over there decided it was fun to throw my ring in the water and push me in to get it." 
 
"Why didn't you yell for help then?! You nearly died!" Minwoo scolded, being a bit louder then he intended too. 
 
"I'm fine now aren't I?" I shrugged as if it were a normal thing.
 
"Gotta love how you make it sound like nothing and yet you're the one who almost died and not her." 
 
I let out a sneeze and silently cursed to myself.  I looked down to see my shirt was all wet. And it was white. Perfect timing.
 
"How am I still alive anyway?.." I muttered under my breath.
 
"Hell didn't want to take you in as a resident, that's why." I heard L.Joe comment while I glared in his direction. He dramatically rolled his eyes at me. "And that's how you treat someone who saved your life?"
 
I gave him a confused face, trying to process what he just said. The poodle did what? He saved me? So that meant he did CPR on me right? Wait..
 
My eyes shot wide open as I realized what had happened. L.Joe seemed to have noticed that as well. He looked at me a hint of tease in his eyes as he used his thumb to wipe his bottom lip, giving me a smirk. Not to mention his hair and clothes were all wet as well.
 
"Y-You.." I stuttered, trying to get the words out. "ARGH. WHY'D YOU LET HIM SAVE ME?! I would have been better off dead!" I started slapping Minwoo's arm. 
 
"Yah! What are you saying?! I can't let you die and he was the only one who knew CPR so.." Minwoo looked at me apologetically. I let out a sigh, deciding to drop the subject.
 
"Can we just go back? I'm really tired.." I sighed, picking myself up. I was about to take a step when I felt my legs becoming weak, ready to give out any second. Minwoo caught me right on time as I gave him a weak smile. He wrapped my arm around his neck and helped me walk back to the cabin. So much for a great second day. 
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
"So tell me once again how did this happen?" 
 
"Uh, since they thought you're not on such good terms with Hyuna because of what happened today, they decided you guys shouldn't share a tent? L.Joe refused to sleep with her so he ended up sleeping in the cabin with some guys from Teen Top. Hyuna refused to sleep alone so she's in a log cabin with another group of girls." 
 
"And how the hell did that lead to you sleeping with me?" I eyed L who was laying about 3 feet away from me. 
 
"Well someone had to be with you so I guess I decided to stay."  he stated casually with a shrug. I nodded slowly. Since when did he become so nice?
 
The tent suddenly zipped open as Mr.Lee's head popped inside. "Good night kids! Get some rest and remember I'm here so I'll come in anytime to check on you guys! Don't do anything weird!" he smiled as I blinked at him. I see. Even teachers are thinking wrong these days. That just proves how messed up society is.
 
"Good night~" I replied, giving him a weak smile while waving. He smiled and closed the tent as I continued to lay there, staring at the top of our tent.
 
Are you planning to sleep soon or what?" L asked, placing his hands behind his head. I shrugged, getting myself into another position. My back was facing him and our distance was about 5 feet. He laughed.
 
"Are you scared of me or something? Why so far away?" 
 
I shrugged again, not being able to come up with a reply. We laid there in silence for about 10 minutes. I thought he was asleep until he spoke up.
 
"Want to go out?" 
 
My eyes widened as I felt a weird feeling in my stomach forming. "W-What?" I stuttered. 
 
He raised his eyebrow while looking at me. "You know. Go outside. I can't sleep." I secretly sighed in relief. So it was that. 
 
"I don't know.. What if we get caught?"
 
"That's what makes it exciting right?~" he replied in a childish voice making me laugh at his sudden change in character. I rolled my eyes at him while smiling to myself.
 
"Fine. Just don't blame me if we get caught." I gave into him. He gave me a childish smile while nodding his head eagerly. 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
"Coast clear." Myungsoo gave me an ok, zipping close Mr.Lee's tent. "He's in there sleeping like a pig." I giggled a bit at the comment while he smiled teasingly at me. 
 
We started to walk for a while until I could make sight of a lake up in front. My eyes lit up as I dragged Myungsoo with me. He chuckled. "And to think you were the one refusing to go just earlier." I rolled my eyes at his comment but smiled a little to myself. 
 
We kept on walking until we ended up at a lake. There was a waterfall near it while the moon was reflecting off the water, making the scenery look beautiful. I smiled in content as I sat down on the field of grass, Myungsoo sitting down right next to me.
 
"No thank you? I was the one who suggested we get out." L jokingly said, nudging me. 
 
"I'll thank you in the morning when I'm sure we didn't get caught." I stated as he laughed at my bluntness. "You know, you should do that more often." 
 
"Do what?" he raised an eyebrow at me. 
 
"You know. Laugh. As weird as it is, your laugh sounds really nice." I said casually, hugging my legs while staring at the lake in the front. "You know..I somehow think you're slowly drifting away from your image of being L."
 
"What do you mean by that?" he asked, playing with the grass below him as I rested my chin on my knees.
 
"I don't know.. I feel like you're slowly drifting away from being just L. I thought you had this image of a cold prince when I met you ; like you gave off this scary aura. And your name made me think you were someone in Death Note." He chuckled at the comment while I gave him a small smile. "See? That laugh of yours, I didn't hear it when I first knew you. It just seems that I've been talking to Myungsoo, not L these days. " 
 
"Maybe you are. Why don't you call me Myungsoo then?" I looked up at him with a questionable look. "I thought you didn't like me calling you Myungsoo before?"
 
"L didn't like it. Not me." he winked as I laughed genuinely because of how he was acting. 
 
"You're dorky and weird, you know that?" 
 
"And you're twice as dorky and weird as me, you know that?" he replied back in a mocking tone.
 
I laughed again as he smiled. That awkward atmosphere around us was slowly breaking. It seems to me that Myungsoo's cold facade was breaking too. 
 
I suddenly shivered to the cold gust of wind that blew by. 
 
"Are you cold?" he asked as I nodded. He scooted closer to me, while grabbing my hands and rubbing them together. "Better?" I slowly nodded, trying to not freak out about how close he was to me. 
 
You know that moment when you just wished life has a pause button? Well, this seemed like one of those moment when you want it to last just for a while longer. Everything seemed perfect. The moon's reflection on the water, the distant sound of the water falling down from the waterfall. 
 
I yawned slightly, considering I had a lack of sleep and the chaos that happened today didn't help either. "Tired already?" I nodded slightly, trying to keep my eyes open.
 
"Want to go back then?" he asked as  I shook my head. "Can we stay here? I don't want to leave yet." He nodded and continued to stare at the lake. 
 
"That ring, you seemed so panicked when it fell in the water. Is it important or something?" he suddenly asked.
 
"Yeah.. Last present from my dad.." I replied as he nodded. "Thanks..for getting it." I mumbled.
 
"What'd you say?" he said in a teasing tone, cupping his ear to indicate for me to speak louder. I rolled my eyes at him but responded to his childish act anyway.
 
"I said thank you. Now shut up." He laughed at my blunt comment while I couldn't help it but smile to myself for the hundredth time.
 
I slowly felt my energy draining and my eyelids become heavy. I felt Myungsoo's hand on top of my head as he leaned my head over to lay on his shoulder. It felt oddly comfortable. I unconsciously began to cuddle against him since I was sleepy. 
 
"Hey Myungsoo... what do you think about midget pandas?" I suddenly blurted, half asleep. He laughed because of my stupid outburst. 
 
"Shut up and sleep already." he instructed as I nodded, closing my eyelids while drifting off to dreamland.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES: omfg sorry for the late update! It's going to be a week full of testing at my school so..I just thought it's best if I got the update out early. fml. So, idk about this chapter.. it's.. Sweet? lol idk. But happy reading and hope you enjoyed it! Comments are loved! I love reading them like seriously, I start smiling like an idiot X3

Oh and, KwangWooYoung79BF  seemed to have made a OTP name for the Eun Mi + Myungsoo couple. Eunsoo! lol it sounds really cute. Can anyone think of an Eun Mi + L.Joe/Byunghyun couple name? :3
Well now, ninja out. /rolls like a buffalo /
 
-iSoul