| worried

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

chapter twenty one | worried


[Eun Mi POV ]

 

“Whaatt? You’re kidding right?!” I half-screamed into the phone as Min Kyu chuckled from the other side of the phone line.

“Woah there, calm down girl. And no I’m not kidding. My relatives are leaving tomorrow morning which means you can come over to my house and stay here until Eun Jo comes home.”

I broke out into a smile as I quietly did a happy dance, cheering in my head. “Text me the address of where you are tomorrow and I’ll pick you up alright? We’ll get some bubble tea after that.”

“Yay! I love you so much Min Kyu!” I continued to cheer as she laughed again.

“Alright but I got to go now. Bye.” The phone line disconnected as I threw my phone onto the bed and start skipping around the bedroom screaming of joy. I can finally leave this L.Joe germ infested place once and for all!

I swear, I’ve only been living here for about 3 days but it felt more like 3 years in hell. He’s so annoying I tell you! Like, how can anyone become that annoying?! How is that even possible!

I became irritated at the thought of him but immediately felt happy again as I remembered the fact that I’m leaving his house tomorrow. Joy to the world! God loves me!

Deciding to go tell the poodle about the news and rub it in his face, I went out of my room and took a few steps to L.Joe’s room, whose door was wide open.

That’s a habit of his that I learned; he sometimes doesn’t close the door to his own room. Okay, maybe it’s okay if he doesn’t close the door to his bedroom but what happens when the day comes where he doesn’t close the door to his house?

A robber will come here and rob his entire house while he sleeps like a pig. God, have mercy on the child.

Wait, never mind don’t. I think I actually like the idea of him being robbed. He’ll become miserable!

I giggled slightly to myself in my head as I decided to sneak up behind and scare the dude. I carefully took a few steps until I heard him speaking up.

“He still won’t pay for the bills?!”

My eyebrows furrowed together as I heard the tone of his voice. He sounded mad, maybe a bit annoyed. A questioning look formed on my face as I kept on listening.

“The hospital bills are expensive, he knows that! I’m already borrowing enough money from the other boys! I can’t keep on bothering them forever!”

Confusion invaded my mind as I tried thinking of possibilties to what he’s talking about. Money, hospital bills?

“So it’s now my fault?! If I didn’t send her into the hospital, the condition would have gotten worse and who knows what could have happened to her by now!”

My eyes lit up as I finally realized what he was talking about. My mind flashed back to that day I talked to him at the park, that moment when he told me something about his mom having cancer but his father was not willing to pay the hospital bills.

I unconsciously frowned to myself as I thought of the situation he was in right now. Okay, I’ll admit it. Maybe I do feel a bit bad for him. I’m not that cold hearted you know! I know when to feel bad for someone!

“Look, I’m going to try persuading him to pay but no matter what happens, you have to keep her in the hospital for me. Her condition is just finally getting slightly better and I don’t want it to get any worse. Alright. Bye.”

I poked my head through the door, staring at the back of L.Joe’s head. He was slumped down onto her chair, face facing the wall. I could hear him let out a heavy sigh and felt my happy spirits from earlier drop down a bit.

I have a soft spot for when people have family problems alright? Probably because I have a lot of my own too.

My mood went down even more at the thought and my mind immediately blamed L.Joe for it. It’s just because we hate each other that much. I can imagine him hating on me whenever he has the chance to.

“Hey poodle, are we going to eat soon?” I spoke up, giving him a pat on head, then ruffling his hair up on purpose. Maybe if I get him annoyed, he’d forget about being all depressed and have his attention on me for the time being.

I’m being such a nice girl aren’t I? He totally owes me for this.

“You go eat by yourself. I’m tired.” he spoke, words coming out in a flat tone.

My frown became deeper than before. Now, that wasn’t what I expected. I was expecting him to reply with something along the lines of “It’s so early and you want to eat already?” or “I’m going to run out of money feeding you soon.” or something like that. Hell, call me a pig if he wants to! His miserable mood is just scaring the crap out of me alright?

“Are you sure? I’ll let you taste my cooking that you’ve been whining about for 3 days now!” I smiled proudly, puffing out my chest in an arrogant manner. I mentally cursed in my mind as I saw he still had no reaction, except for that blank face of his.

“I’m fine. Just eat whatever you want.” He replied, carelessly playing with the buttons on his phone. I huffed out a exsperated sigh due to his behavior.

“Are you sure? You might get hungry later and have to make your own food. Don’t come running to me when that happens.” I nudged him a bit more, trying to lighten up the mood. I don’t like seeing a depressed poodle. His sad face is even more uglier than his usual face. It’s already sad enough having to see his regular face everyday, I don’t want to have to deal with his face right now.

“Yeah. Go outside now would you? I want to sleep.” he mumbled, slightly pushing me away.

“Aw, scared of me? It’s so early so why sleep? Are you becoming like an old person now? Should I call you grandpa L.Joe from now on?”

HIs eyebrows furrowed before turning around to face me. “I said go outside!” He raised his voice as I was taken back a little.

“Hey look, I was just kidding. Why are you so ma--”

“Just. Get. Out!” L.Joe screamed as my jaw dropped slightly. Walking out of the room, I purposely slammed the door before walking into my own and room and flopping onto the bed with a soft thump.

The nerve of that guy! I was just trying to help him lighten up and that’s the treatment I get? Why the hell is he blaming it on me? Is it a sin to try helping someone be happy?

Now that I think of it, I don’t know why I even decided to try being nice now. Just when I thought we could get along just a tiny bit, I’m reminded once again of why I hate him so much.

MIn Kyu picking me up and getting me out of her has got to be the best thing that’s going to happen. I don’t even care anymore. Let that poodle deal with his own problems. Why should I care?

 


And, once again I go against my own words. Maybe I do care, even if it's a tiny bit.

I slammed my head onto the desk and groaned slightly after my finger hit the ‘send’ button. I’m going crazy I tell you. I’m not mentally stable.

Just what was I thinking? Min Kyu had just texted me a few minutes ago asking me to tell her the address so she could pick me up and drive me away from this hell, and guess what I replied with?

I said I was fine and rejected her offer to pick me up. What the hell was I thinking?! For the past few days, I’ve been yearning to leave and yet I declined Min Kyu’s offer to live at her place?

I groaned once again - only louder this time - and banged my head several more times on the desk.

Maybe it was the need to check on L.Joe. I don’t know myself okay? He seemed so depressed yesterday and I’ve been bothered about it for the entire night. No, that doesn’t mean that I’m still not slightly mad at him for taking his anger out on me - hell I could so punch him if I wanted to - but I can’t help but be worried.

I don’t see him like this often. The only time I saw him was when we meet in the park and had that little talk. Realized he wasn’t all that bad you know? This is just so different from his regular self. What happened to that arrogant bastard that threw insults at me whenever he could?

I heaved a heavy sigh, scolding myself for the millionth time. I’m so going to regret this.

My ears perked up as I heard the sounds of L.Joe’s footsteps leaving his room and immediately became curious.

Not being able to control my curious mind, I trailed behind. I have a feeling he’s not just heading down towards the kitchen or something - I mean - he’s dressed in clothes to go out.

After hearing him close the door, I slipped on my shoes and followed after, not forgetting to grab along my phone and the spare keys to the house. I think I already learned the “never-forget-your-keys-in-the-house” lesson. It’s what got me here in the first place.

Realizing I’m wearing a hoodie, I smiled to myself as I pulled it up over my head. Man, I seriously look like a freaking stalker right now.

Seeing he was walking to the bus station, I made sure to stay a few yards behind ; far enough so he isn’t suspicious about someone following him, but still close enough to keep track of where he was going.

After waiting for a few minutes, he got onto the bus as I followed along, entering along with a group of passengers. Man, I seriously should consider becoming a spy later on.

After a 15 minute ride, L.Joe got off as I once again followed. Like seriously, where the hell is this guy going?

My eyes scanned the streets again, looking for that familiar blob of orange hair. His hair actually comes with a good use now. It’s so easy to keep track of.

My eyebrows creased together as I couldn’t find his had anywhere in the crowd. Scanning the entire place, I took a look at everyone’s head but couldn’t see anyone with orange hair in sight.

“Where did he go?..” I mumbled to myself.

“Right here.” a familiar voice came from behind me. I gulped a bit of saliva before turning around to come face to face with an all too familiar face.

Oh shoot.  I’m caught.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:  Update~ Where the hell of my romcom writing skills man? I can't write this correctly. omfg, my funny writing just suddenly disappeared /sobs I'm sorry if you guys are disappointed with this, don't blame you. hope this is decent enough to read without your eyes burning up though.
comments to raise my motivation? i seriously feel like crying because of my crap writing right now =__=
 
and please someone just kill me. i'm so sorry but i had to. one was adopted and I had to get it start in 1-2 weeks so I had no choice, and the other one, well, blame BAP for releasing oneshot and making my feels for the story explode XD
 
Park Hanmi was a highly trained professional assassin who could easily take down her targets within a heartbeat. But yet, she couldn't bring herself to assassinate a rival assassin group named B.A.P along with one of their fellow teammate, Hanuel.

As Hanmi attempts to abandon her assasin life, secrets are discovered and the past reveals itself. They find themselves experiencing the important of friendship, complications of love, and how it felt like to be a victim of betrayal.

This was just only the beginning. 

But as we all know, every beginning comes with an end.

This Is Hello

“I don’t want to say it.”

“Then don’t,” I replied with a forced smile. 
 
She looked down. “Then what am I supposed to say?”
 
I paused - and then laughed softly, trying to hold back the tears.
 
“ You say hello.” 
-iSoul