| locked out

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

chapter nineteen | locked out


[Eun Mi POV ]

 

The bus arrived at school as everyone began to pile out onto the school ground. The students began to depart and went home for Spring break. A series of “Bye.” and “See you later.” were heard as everyone began to part ways.

“I’m going to be so bored for the whole spring break..”I began whining as Minwoo chuckled and patted my head.

“It’ll go by fast, don’t worry.” he ushered as I shot him a glare. “Yeah, says the one who’s spending his spring break at Jeju. Bastard.” I stuck my tongue out at him as he laughed at me.

“You know you love me~” he sang as he skipped away towards his house. “See you in a week love~” he winked playfully as I rolled my eyes at him.

“Love my ..” I mumbled to myself as I shook my head in amusement. I hugged Min Kyu and Mi Kyong until I choked them and finally headed away from school. I didn’t want to go home too early. Eun Jo had already headed out for a spring break trip with his group of friends. My mom was out for a business trip yet once again so I practically have the whole house to myself. And I figured since I’m already outside, might as well roam around Seoul a bit before leaving. Once I come home and start rotting on my laptop, I’ll probably be too lazy to head out again.

After a few hours of roaming around and pigging out on some food, I reluctantly headed home towards the hell called boredom. I sighed as I arrived at the front door, reaching into my bag to find my key.

.. Oh .

I kept on feeling around the bag for the keys. Frustrated, I dumped everything inside my bag onto the doorstep as I searched through the mess for my keys. My memories snapped back to the day I was running late for camp. I packed everything.. except for my keys. I left my keys in the house. I’m so doomed.

I shoved everything back into my bag as I walked around the house, looking for a way in. I tried going in through the window, but all of the windows are locked. Damn you Eun Jo. Why did you have to be so careful about locking up this time around! You left all the windows open last time you went on a trip and I wasn't’t home!

I groaned in frustration as I ruffled my hair in annoyance. Just my luck.

I hurriedly got out my phone and began to dial Min Woo. After a few seconds of ringing, the other line picked up as my eyes lit up. “Roo Roo!”

“Wow Mimi. Miss me already huh? Who knew I was so irresistible?” he chuckled as I rolled my eyes at him.

“No. You see, I forgot my keys in my house so now I can’t get in.” I pouted and blew on my bangs. I heard laughter from the other side of the phone line. “Why am I not surprised?”

“Yah! Roo Roo! Help me!” I groaned.

“How? I’m going to be on the trip to Jeju this spring break so no one will be home..”

“Yeah. But I can just sleep in your bed and I’ll just eat! Promise! I’ll keep the house clean for you!” I tried persuading him as he chuckled.

“Well don’t you seem desperate.” he commented as I whined. “Roo roooo.”

“Well you could stay - ,” my eyes lit up in hope. “If we hadn't’t already left the house.” My jaw dropped.

“What? How far are you?!”

“Like about 5 minutes away from the airport.”

I groaned again. Now what. Minwoo doesn't’t keep an extra key at home, and my copy of the key to his house is inside the house along with my house key.

“Try calling Min Kyu and Mi Kyong to see if they can help. Sorry love. I’m here so I’ve gotta go. Call me if anything’s wrong alright?”

“Everything’s wrong right now!” I grumbled as he laughed.

“Good luck, but I’ve seriously got to go. Love you.”

“Have fun. Love you too Roo.” I sighed as I disconnected the call. One rescue mission failed. Two more hopeful ones.



 
“What do you mean you’re not at home?!” I shouted as I pulled on my hair.

“Sorry. I’m visiting my grandparents in Busan and staying there for spring break.” Mi Kyong chuckled nervously as I sighed heavily. Why is everyone going somewhere for spring break?! Why can’t they just stay home like me?!

Because the have a life unlike me.

.. I should shut up.

“Alright then. Bye Mi Kyong.” I hanged up as I dialed the last person that could help me. The phone ringed before Min Kyu picked up a few seconds later.

“Min Kyu! Are you home?!” I asked frantically. Please let her be home. Please let her be home.

“Yeah. I’m home”

Noo. I’m doomed! She’s -- ..Wait. Did she just say that she’s home? I started celebrating silently.

“Although my whole house is full of relatives and so crowded.”

I stopped the celebrating. “Wait, your house is full of people?”

“Yeah. There’s barely enough room to fit anyone. Why? Do you need anything?”

“Well.. I forgot my keys so I’m locked out and don’t have anywhere to stay. Minwoo is headed to Jeju already while Mi Kyong is visiting her grandparents in Busan.”

Min Kyu chuckled as I pouted. “Sorry. but there’s no way you can stay at my house right now. Maybe in a couple days, but not today.” she apologizes as I groaned loudly once again.

“Sorry Eun Mi. My mom is calling. Going now.” she hung up as I closed my phone and stuffed it in my pocket. God is so not on my side today.

I found myself wandering around on the streets once more. I headed to a park and sat on one of the benches. So I see I’m going to sleep here like a hobo for tonight. Oh the wonders of life.

After a few minutes of sitting, I became bored and began walking along the trail of the park. I began mumbling incoherent words to myself and kicked hardly on a rock to release my anger.

“Ow!” I heard a voice cry out as my eyes widened in shock. I ran over to the stranger to apologize. “Oh my god! I’m sorry! I was just kicking a rock and--” I stopped abruptly when I saw the blob of brightly colored orange hair sitting on top of his head. “Oh. It’s you.”

He raised his eyebrow at me. “And to think you were the same person who was apologizing for kicking a rock at me earlier. Unbelievable.” he tsked as I rolled my eyes at him.

“What are you doing here anyway?” he asked.

“I could ask the same for you.” I shot back as he shrugged.

“What? Is it illegal for me to be at a park?”

“No. It was illegal for you to ever be born.” I retorted as he rolled his eyes.

“I swear I can never hear you say something nice for once.”

“I can be nice. I just choose not to to be nice to you.” I shrugged.

“Why?

“Because you irritate me.”

“Well you’re just as irritating as me then.”

“Then the feeling is mutual. You hate me. I hate you. Period. End of the story.”

I continued walking as L.Joe keep on trailing behind me. I groaned in frustration but decided to ignore him and continued walking.

“Hey. Why aren’t you home?” he questioned as I stopped on my tracks.

“Because I want to come to the park.” I replied as I felt him staring at the back of my head. “Say, did you forget your key inside the house?” he asked as I froze. Damn this arrogant poodle. Why does he decide to be so smart right now out of all times.

I stayed silent as he walked walked in front of me and turned around, his face staring directly at me. His well known signature smirk was plastered onto his face.

I groaned. “Yeah I am. Laugh all you want.”  I expected him to be laughing and teasing me about my bad luck and clumsiness, but instead, he said something I never expected to come out from his mouth.

“Why don’t you come stay with me then.”



 
“Ugggh. Shut up.” I groaned, pulling the pillow over my head to block out the noises. It was 2 in the middle of the night and L.Joe was in his room with music blasting out loudly. That bastard is just trying to mess with me. After a few more minutes , I got off of my bed and headed to L.Joe’s room, who was literally across the hall from me.

I pounded on the door and started screaming. “Yah! Poodle! Shut up and let me sleep a bit will you?! A girl needs her sleep!”

The music suddenly turned off as I sighed in content. Until I heard the stupid comment coming from the other side of the door.

“Woah. You’re a girl?”

“I hate you bastard!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I heard a chuckle from inside the room. “Love you too ~” he sang in a mocking tone and played the music again as I groaned in frustration and banged my head lightly on the wall.

Why the hell did I agree to stay at his house?
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:  And finally an update for you people. I swear the 2 weeks of school before winter break was like hell for me. And sorry for neglecting this story for a long time. I was honestly busy and had more then I could handle. Hope you enjoy this crappy update and comments are soooo loved! Happy New Year!
-iSoul