| balloons and bbq

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

chapter eighteen | balloons and bbq


[Eun Mi POV ]

 

I hate my life. You know why? Because there’s a certain arrogant poodle in it. Just thinking about how I’m breathing the same air as him is already making me vomit on the inside. And now to remember he was the person who took my first kiss is making me want to suicide right here on the spot.
 
Everyone’s reaction when I pointed to L.Joe? Well, I think you already know the answer.
 
“WHAT?!” everyone shouted simultaneously, their eyes widening from the shock. L.Joe on the other hand, glared at me while holding onto his red cheek.
 
“Just how many times have you slapped me today woman?!” he growled, sending me his death glare as I mocked his expression. 
 
“Don’t blame me. You totally all deserved all the slaps.” 
 
“How would I know that you never had your first kiss before?!” he began ranting as I rolled my eyes that him. The others in the circle were still staring at me as I returned the stares with a questionable look. “What?”
 
“Are you serious? L.Joe was your first kiss?” Sungyeol questioned as if he didn’t believe me. 
 
“Sadly yes.” I responded as L.Joe shot me another glare, having me turn around and stick my tongue out at him. 
 
“You know, be thankful. If you weren’t for me, I don’t think you’re ever going to get that first kiss.” L.Joe commented, nodding his head approvingly. I swear,that dude is just asking to be slapped again.
 
“I would rather not have a first kiss at all then giving it to a stupid poodle like you.” I gave him my famous gag reflect as he returned my expression.
 
“Whatever. My turn’s over. I’m going now. Have fun.” I waved to the group and turned to face L.Joe. “Except for you. Go to hell.” I sneered, coming closer to meet his face. His lips twitched up into a smirk. 
 
“Why so close? Want another kiss from me?” he asked, giving me a mocking grin. 
 
“Bring up that topic once more and I’ll make sure that you don’t have the correct parts to make your future child. Want me to do that?” I growled. He shut up immediately as I smiled. “Didn’t think so.”
 
 
 
Another day passed and it was the last full day at camp. It was raining at the camp site yesterday so everyone just stayed inside and did those arts and crafts activities while others played board games. I must say I’m happy that it’s all sunny again today considering the camp leaders had some fun activities planned for today. I can’t be sure they’re “fun”, but hey, I didn’t want to be bored to death inside the log cabins like yesterday.
 
I made it through yesterday with  seeing L.Joe for only about 5 times, which is a huge success for me. It’d be a miracle if I can make it through the whole day without seeing his face at all. Yes. That would be the best day of my life.
 
I was sitting with Minwoo, having a grass fight until my fun was ruined by someone’s ugly face. I think you can guess who it is. So much for having a great day.
 
“Ugh, what do you want poodle.” I muttered in annoyance as L.Joe smiled innocently at me. “Nothing. I just figured you’d be annoyed the moment you see my face.”
 
“You got that right. Congratulations. I’m annoyed. Now shoo.” I ripped some grass out from the ground and threw it at his head. The green blades of grass landed on his orange hair as I nodded approvingly. Hm, orange hair with green spots. Good combination. He should keep his hair like that from now on. I’d be glad to help him with that hairstyle. 
 
Before he could throw grass back at me, the camp leaders called us to come over.  “Today is your day to have fun! Do anything you want. At around 4 or so, we’ll be having a competition so look forward to it!” 
 
I secretly cheered and did a victory dance in my mind. Yes! No more teams! Which means no L.Joe and Hyuna! God loves me!
 
“Hey Mi Mi!” I heard Minwoo’s voice as I turned around to ask him what was up. 
 
“What is i--” And I never got to finish my sentence. Why? My face magically came in contact with a water balloon. 
 
“Ahaha! Mi Mi! Your face is all wet!” Minwoo started laughing, clutching onto a stomach as he crouched down onto the ground. Alright. That’s how you want to play it? I ran over and grabbed a water balloon from the huge bin filled with them and threw one at Minwoo. 
 
“Yah!” he cried, seeing he was now wet too. I smiled. “Who’s wet now?~” I taunted as he stood up and began running after me. Letting out a shriek, I began to grabbed as many balloons as my hands could carry and started running.
 
“Mi Mi! Yah! Come back here!” I heard him screaming in the background as I began to keep on running. I turned back and threw one of the balloons, hitting him right on his stomach. “Haha~ You’re even more wet!” I chirped happily as he glared at me.
 
We soon started running around, throwing water balloons at each other. Mi Kyong and Min Kyu soon joined, siding on my time. Minwoo began stomping his feet and whining. “No fair! It’s 3 against one!” he whined, throwing a balloons at me but ended up missing me. 
 
“I’ll help you!” Woohyun sang happily as he headed to the bin to grabbed a few balloons himself. 
 
“Oh! I want to play too!” Sungyeol cried, running over to the bin as Dongwoo trailed after him.
 
“Yay! I have more people on my team!” Minwoo cheered, doing a little victory dance. I pouted. 
 
“You guys have more people now!” I groaned, stomping my feet like a little angry kid. 
 
“That’s for playing dirty earlier Eun Mi~” Woohyun teased, throwing a water balloon directly at me. The balloon burst as I found myself drenched in water. “Yah! Namgrease!” I yelled, as he winked, throwing another balloon without me noticing. The four began to start throwing even more, as I ran away.
 
“God! Why are you all targeting me?!” I exclaimed. It soon turned into a wild water balloon fight. By the time we were done, the 7 of us were drenched in water from head to toe. I fell onto the ground, tired from the water balloon war. 
 
“Mi Mi. You’re all wet~” Minwoo teased, poking my ribs as I started giggling. He smiled as he continued poking. By now, I was already bursting out into an unstoppable laughter. 
 
“Oh my god! Roo Roo! Stop it! You know how ticklish I am!” I cried, rolling around on the floor as he kept on attacking me with his fingers. “That’s exactly why I’m not stopping~” he cheered. After the tickling war, we laid on the grass, trying to get our breath back.
 
“It’s just like the old days isn’t it?” I mumbled, smiling a bit. Minwoo nodded and flashed me a smile. I sighed in content as I stared at the sky above us. It felt like the old days again,the days when we were just carefree children, not worrying a single thing about the world. I smiled again as I remembered the memories. 
 
 
 
Four o' clock came in a blink of an eye and everyone was gathered around for the announcement of the competition. I was a bit disappointed, considering half the day was over already. Time flies when you’re having fun,right?
 
“Alright everyone~ Here comes the competition! Are you ready?~” the camp leader chirped happily as the students said “yes” in unison.
 
“Here’s the task. Using the wood provided, the teams have to build a mini bridge that is about 5 yard long. The first team to finish the task wins! And just so all of you have even more motivation for the task, the winner gets to have Korean Barbeque~!” 
My eyes lit up. Food? Korean BBQ?! I’m definitely winning.
 
“What happens if we lose?” a student raised his hand and asked.
 
“I was just getting to that! If your team loses.. You’re having cabbage for dinner.” the camp leader smiled as if it was a good thing.
 
Cabbage?! No. I am not eating cabbage. Not when there’s Korean Barbeque practically waiting for me to gobble up. N to the O. No. 
 
I turned around, accidently bumping against someone. 
 
“Woah. Sorry.” I mumbled, looking up and coming face to face with L. “Oh hey.”
 
“You haven’t seen me for the whole day and a “oh hey” is all I get from you? Really?” he teased as I let out a laugh. Since when did the guy become so outgoing? “So, the competition?” he questioned.
 
“I want to win so badly! Well, because of the barbeque! I don’t want to eat cabbage!” I began whining to him, expressing my desire for the barbeque. Hey, don’t blame me. Food is my weakness. Isn’t it everyone’s?
 
“Why don’t you join my team then?” Myungsoo offered, nodding his head to where Infinite was standing in a group. I raised my eyebrow at him as he laughed. “Hey. We’re pretty confident at this. Hoya’s dad is a constructor so he’s been near wood and tools his whole life. Dongwoo is pretty strong and Woohyun is stronger then his looks.” 
 
My eyes lit up. “So you’ll win!” 
 
“Do you think we will?”
 
“Hell yes! I’m joining you guys~!”I chirped, skipping over to the group as Myungsoo face palmed before following me. 
 
“Sunshine~” Woohyun cooed, pulling me into a bear hug as soon as I arrived at the group.
 
“Namgrease...suffocating....can’t..breathe..” I choked out a few words as he immediately let go, rubbing his nape apologetically. I glared at him as Hoya whispered in Dongwoo’s ear, “Sunshine alright.” 
 
“Honey bunny and now sunshine? Just how many names do you have for me?” I sighed at his natural born greasiness. 
 
“Hmm...Infinity~” he cried, then broke into a laughter himself. We all stared at him as he started laughing. Lame Woohyun. Lame.
 
“Well then stick to one out of your infinite names.” I suggested as he tapped his chin as if thinking. He broke in a smile. “Then I’ll call you baby boo!”
 
I shuddered at the name. “Scratch that. Just stick to sunshine.” 
 
L.Joe walked past the group as he gave in an inquiring look. I raised my eyebrow at him. “What?” I asked, causing the Infinite members to look in his direction. “Why are you with them?”
 
“Problem? I’m on their team.” 
 
He narrowed his eyebrows at me. “Go on my team.” I gaped at his statement. “Your team? Wrong decision. If I was on your team, I’d make you guys lose on purpose.” I taunted.
 
“Then you won’t get your Korean barbeque.” he pointed out as I shrugged. “Making you suffer is better then Korean barbeque.” I grinned at him as he let out a low growl. 
 
“You’re going against me. Teen Top vs. Infinite. Plus the addition of the in the background.” L.Joe claimed as I scoffed at him. “You’re going down.”
 
 
In the end, guess who won?
 
 
“Woohyun! That’s my piece!” I groaned as Woohyun stole a piece of meat off my plate and plopped it into his mouth, chuckling while chewing.
 
“It’s okay sunshine. There’s plenty more~” he said, chewing on the meat with delight as I smacked him on the arm. “Yah! Don’t speak with food in your mouth!” I scolded as he laughed.
 
 
You got it right. We won. And guess who’s left eating the cabbage?
 
 
“Hyung. How are we supposed to eat this?” Ricky whined, picking up the piece of cabbage and examining it as if he knew it was poisoned. Changjo carefully placed the cabbage leaf into his mouth and chewed a couple times before spitting it out onto the ground.
 
“Bleh! Ugh. How do they expect us to eat this?!” he grumbled angrily as I stifled a laugh.
 
 
That’s right. Teen Top lost. We won. And the ironic thing? We’re the slaves. They’re the masters. And yet, the slaves were eating an huge supply of barbeque while the masters were stuck with cabbage. Oh the irony.
 
 
“Hyung! Can’t we have at least some barbeque?” Ricky complained, looking down at his cabbage in disgust. 
 
“Sure thing! If you know a way to get it then kindly tell me to do so for you.” L.Joe retorted as Ricky continued whining like a little kid. An idea suddenly hit me.
 
“Say, how were your days as Teen Top’s slaves?” I questioned, eyeing the Infinite members.
 
Woohyun shuddered. “Ricky is a real tormentor. He asks for every little thing like a child and it’s so tiring.” 
 
“Don’t get me started with Changjo.” Hoya sighed.
 
“Chunji was surprisingly fine. He just asked me for little stuff. Lucky I got him.” Myungsoo shrugged, biting onto a piece of meat as the other members sighed. I smiled to myself.
 
“I’ve got a solution to that.” They all gave an a questionable look as I smiled brightly. “First thing first, do you think we’ll be able to finish all this meat?”
 
“Honestly no. We have so much.” Sunggyu said, motioning towards the whole table of raw meat near us. 
 
I nodded in approval. “Good.”
 
“Yo Ricky! Want some?” I held the meat piece in the arm as Ricky turned over to look at me. His eyes lit up as he started drooling, his eyes shinning brightly as he nodded his head viciously. I smiled at him.
 
“We’ll let Teen Top share some meat with us,” I offered, a smirk forming on my face. “If you cut off the deal of us being your slaves. Starting from right now.” 
 
“Deal! Anything for barbeque!” Ricky nodded his head. See? Food is everyone’s weakness.
 
“Deal for me too. I want real food so bad.” Changjo agreed as Niel and C.A.P followed along in suite. 
 
“But..” L.Joe argued back as Chunji patted him on the shoulder.  “It’s 5 against one. You lose. I want some food so hurry over or you won’t have any left.” 
 
I smirked in victory as L.Joe groaned in his feet and trudged over to join us at the grill. 
 
Victory for Jung Eun Mi.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:  And finally an update for my lovely readers~ I changed the story title. How do you like it? O u O And I fixed the poster and background to made it fit a bit too. Hope I didn't disappoint with this chapter! Comments make me giggle like an idiot so.. comment! O w O Happy reading~ 
 
-iSoul