| pocky game

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

 

chapter sixteen | pocky game

 
[ Eun Mi POV ]
 
"This is so borriinngg~~ Mi Mi why do we have to do this?" Oh god this child. 
 
"Because the teachers told us to."
 
"But still~" I rolled my eyes at Minwoo who was whining like a little kid. I thought he was the older one here? It's proven. That kangaroo just never seems to grow up.
 
It was another morning at the camp site and we were outside doing some science experiments and research. So I guess learning is still a part of this after all. I was over by a couple bushes, testing out plant life and all that crap while others were over by the lake doing some experiments on water density and buoyancy. 
 
My eyes shifted over to the lake and imagined how deep it was. I shivered at the thought and proceeded with what I was doing. Minwoo - well - he continued to whine like a 3 year old.
 
"Mi Mi~~ Why is it so booorriinngg?~~" 
 
"Because it just is." 
 
"BUUTT~~" 
 
I rolled my eyes at him. Since when did I become the mature one? 
 
"Look Roo Roo, let's just hurry up and finish this so we can get it done with alright?" He smiled, nodding like a little kid while I shook my head. I thought I was supposed to be the immature one. We continued to do the experiment until I heard a squeal.
 
"MIMI! OH MY GOD! I SEE A WORM! HELP!!" ..... Good lord this kid.
 
I rolled my eyes before continuing the experiment. Concentrating all my focus to get things done,not to mention trying to block off Minwoo's whining,I flinched when I felt a cold wet droplet land on my cheek. Wiping it off with the back of my hand, I looked up. Grey clouds were gathered above the campsite.
Darkness overshadowed the sun and an army of water droplets fell. Before I knew it, everyone was getting drenched in rain. 
 
"Mi Mi! Come on, let's get inside, quick!" I felt a grab on my hand and was pulled to safety.  
 
Minwoo and I ran to the nearest cabin. I noticed L.Joe,L, Hyuna, and a few other's with us. I'm guessing the other people were in different cabins. 
 
"Great, now what?" I said, taking a seat on the cold ground, watching L creating a fire for warmth in the fireplace.
 
"I'm so cold! And oh my god my hair!! My precious hair!" Hyuna screamed as I rolled my eyes in irritation. 
 
"God. What is this? The end of the world?" I mocked her in a high voice as she glared at me. I started to shake my head like a wet dog, trying to make my hair less wet. 
 
"Stop shaking your hair! You're getting water on me!" Hyuna complained as I smiled at her. 
 
"You mean like this?" I shook my head on purpose, trying to annoy her. She growled at me while I shrugged and stuck my tongue out.
 
"Now we're stuck in here until the rain stops. What are we supposed to do?" L.Joe sighed, taking a seat next to me. I glared at him and shoved him, making him glare at me.
 
"Hey! It hurts! What'd you do that for?! " he yelled, rubbing his arm while I tilted my head and blinked at him innocently. "Do what?~"
 
"Forget it." he grumbled as I smiled in victory.
 
"Hmm, let's play a game~" Minwoo suggested to my question.
 
"HIDE AND SEEK~" A random guy in the background yelled. I looked around the area to find that there was no hiding space anywhere. 
 
"There's no place to hide!" L.Joe pointed out.
 
"That's the point~" The guy put on a creepy face and smiled.
 
" Oh god..." Everyone in the room said simultaneously.
 
"A board game?" 
 
"Where do you expected us to find one?"
 
"Truth or dare?"
 
"We already had a big game of that before, not going there again," I said,shivering at the memories.
 
"Horror Stories?"
 
"NO. NO. NEVER." I screamed to the person who suggested it.
 
"Aw, is the little scared~?" Hyuna teased with a fake pitiful face.
 
"Says the that gets scared because of an ant," I retorted, earning a snicker from a few other people.
 
"How about the infamous pocky game?" L came up behind me,holding 1 pack of the sweet 
goodness. I eyed him.
 
"Where'd you find that?" He shrugged, sitting down next to me. "Someone's bag."
 
I chuckled a little while he smiled. "So pocky game it is?" L asked.
 
Everyone nodded in agreement. "Eun Mi?"
 
"I'm fine. As long as I'm paired up with anyone but him." I pointed to L.Joe who scoffed at me.
 
"You'll regret saying that. I've got a bunch of girls lining up, willing to do that game with me anytime of the day." he said arrogantly, flipping his hair like a girly diva. I made my famous gag reflection and ignored him.
 
"How do we decide partners?" one of the girl's asked.
 
I eyed the rug and its loose thread. I crawled to the fabric on the ground and gently tugged on the string, pulling until I had at least 3 feet of 4 strings.Taking all the ends of each string, I matched them up and held them close to the edge and letting the excess hang then separating it out into two groups for the boys and girls to pick from.
 
"Everyone, pick one and hold onto it!" I directed the people in the room.
 
Each one one of them came towards me, giving a look before picking and pulling slightly on a random string that will match them to their "fated" ones.
 
Once everyone had one, I chose the last one in the girls bunch. No choice huh?
 
I smirked at everyone,having the feeling that I was the god of this world. 
 
"1..." I started.
 
"2..." 
 
"3!"
 
I released the strings,having it fall gently to the ground,showing its matchmaking skills. I eyed the end of my string and slightly tugged on it. I  started tracing it with my eyes  and froze when I looked up, seeing the owner of the string.
 
Oh my midget pandas. God hates me. 
 
He was standing there with that mischievous glisten in his eyes. His lips twitched up into his known smirk while I stood there with my mouth slightly open.
 
It was no one other then L.Joe.
 
What did I say people. My life is cursed. Welcome to the living hell also known as the life of Jung Eun Mi. Out of all the the other 3 guys, it just had to be that poodle. How great.
 
Everyone sat in a circle and started to game. I tried to avoid eye contact with L.Joe as much as possible but it seems that my eyes are connected to him or something since they always find their way back to his. We all watched how everyone did it awkwardly, taking small bits as they inched towards each other while occasionally making weird noises when their lips were getting closer to each other. 
 
I saw how the girl partnered up with Myungsoo was freaking out. She must have been a fangirl or something since she looked like she was about to faint during the game. The pocky stick was  12 cm or so and the record right now was around 2 cm. 
 
When it was Minwoo's turn, I felt really sorry for him. Why? Well my friend,  he was paired up with the spoiled brat Hyuna. My cheerful and jumpy kangaroo friend is paired up with an evil witch. Why wouldn't I be sorry for him? Maybe I should treat him some frozen yogurt when we get back to the city. And you know how serious I am when I'm actually willing to pay for someone else's food. Jung Eun Mi never pays for other people's food. I make them pay for my food, that's how it works.
 
Hyuna was making oogly eyes at him as I caught him facing me mouthing "help me". By the look of it, he was about to cry. Poor Roo Roo...pocky game with that witch. I'm totally treating him some frozen yogurt later pay up for the most horrible memory in his life.
 
I watched as Minwoo grabbed the pocky stick and bit onto one end while Hyuna bit onto the other. I could see he was trying to get this finished as soon as possible. They started taking little bites, coming closer towards each other. Minwoo looked like he was going to die while Hyuna seemed to be in heaven.  
 
Good lord this woman. I can bet you that she'll be bragging to all her little mice minions about how she did the pocky game with Minwoo the moment she sees them. 
 
Hey. I'm not lying when I say my best friend is good looking. He has this perfect cute face and his personality is perfect boyfriend material. And not to mention his adorable eye smiles. Sometimes I wonder why he hasn't gotten himself a girlfriend yet with those looks of his.
 
They came in even closer and finally cut the pocky at the same time, the leftover piece falling to the ground. I could have sworn that Minwoo practically sprinted to me even though I was only a few few away. 
 
"It was hell I tell you, HEEELLLLL." he whispered to me, eyeing Hyuna who was giving him flirtatious looks while walking by. I giggled and patted his head.
 
"I'll treat you some frozen yogurt when we're in the city again. Happy?" 
 
He smiled widely and nodded. "I'm in HEAVEN~" I laughed genuinely at his comment until I realized that it was L.Joe and my turn next. Oh bloody hell.
 
I avoided L.Joe's gaze as we walked into the middle of the circle. It was really awkward since everyone's eyes were focusing on me and him. I glanced at Hyuna in the corner of my eye and saw how she was green with envy.
 
Hehe. Green with envy. Get it? She's a witch. So her face is green? Hehe. God I'm so lame.
 
I smirked a bit to myself before bringing my eyes up to meet L.Joe's. One of the guys handed us the pocky stick but L.Joe grabbed it before I could, putting the chocolate covered half into his mouth. I glared at him.
 
"I wanted the chocolate part!" I whispered as he rolled his eyes at me.
 
"Well I got it so deal with it." he stated, waiting for me to bit onto the other end. L.Joe bent down a little, leveling down to my height. Hmm.. Maybe if I just die right here on the spot I won't need to do this.
 
L.Joe eyed me as I was standing there staring at the other end of the stick. He smirked, giving me a look as if to ask if I was scared. I scoffed and confidently bit onto the other end. I looked up and suddenly realized how close we were to each other. 
 
Hello hell. Here I come.
 
I could already feel the glares from the girls burning a whole into my head. The hate was overflowing I tell you. It was as if they were going to kill me any moment now. I mentally scoffed at the overprotective fangirls and returned my attention to the poodle in front of me.
 
L.Joe took a bite, inching closer towards me. I began to start nibbling onto the stick, trying to avoid getting any closer to him then I already was. He started to come in even closer and I felt my body starting to tense up even more. Remembering how he saved me yesterday at the lake isn't helping much either.
 
I could feel him chuckle slightly on the other end as if to mock me. I growled a bit before taking a bigger bite this time. I'm not loosing to him. He smirked at my action before taking a bite himself. After a few more nibbles, our noses began to touch and I felt myself becoming really nervous. I looked at L.Joe and saw how he was smiling and I could already tell he was having a fun time teasing me.
 
Just you wait you poodle. I will get my revenge when I have the chance to.
 
L.Joe suddenly titled his head so that he could have more access and several gasps were heard in the background. I could have sworn that Hyuna let out a little scream. Our noses were touching each other's cheeks now and I told myself to just cut the pocky already.
 
Cut it it before the worse happens. 
 
Too late.
 
Time seemed to have frozen as my mind started to spin out of control. Gasps were heard in the background and I could almost feel him smirking to tell me he won.
 
With one last bite, he came in even closer, and sealed his lips with mine.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Sorry that updates were a bit slow. I just totally lost motivation and inspiration these days and couldn't do anything except sit there and stare at my computer screen, wanting to do something.
 
idk but i feel my writing is so crappy these days. And it just so happens that my district writing assessment is tomorrow. What luck I have. I just can't seem to get the right words out and my writing style seems so weird .__. gah. writer's stress.
 
still hope you enjoyed this chapter though. I needed some help from my co-author since my brain wasn't functioning correctly -_- Happy reading and hope it's not too crappy or boring! Though I did do ByungMi moments since it was readers demand. hehe, are you guys happy? I really need some comments to bring my motivation level up! ^^
 
-iSoul