| treasure hunt

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle
chapter twelve | treasure hunt
 

 

[ Eun Mi POV ]

 
"We're lost right?" 
 
I stared at the map, turning it to the right, left, then all sorts of directions.
 
"Yeah we are." I stated with a blank face. 
 
"How can you be so calm about this?!" Hyuna cried with a horror expression. "We're lost in the woods!"
 
I rolled my eyes at the comment. Sheesh woman. Calm down.
 
"Stop being such a drama queen." Hyuna glared at me while I shrugged in response. "Don't blame me. I'm just stating the facts aren't I?"
 
I walked away, leaving little Princess behind me whining about the walk. 
 
It was a few hours after we had arrived at the camp site. Our first activity was this little treasure hunt. Each group has their one map, slightly different from each other. We were supposed to figure our way through the forest using the map to get to the destination. Once we were there, we had to do all those annoying little hunts where we look for objects in the forest. The first team to finish wins.
 
As if being put in a team with L.Joe and Hyuna isn't already painful enough, we're now wandering around lost in this gigantic forest. And guess what? It's only been 10 minutes into the game. How typical.
 
How we managed to get lost so fast?
 
Blame L.Joe and his "sense of direction".
 
"Great job poodle.Thanks to your oh-so-wonderful sense of direction, we're lost. Proud of yourself?" 
 
Hyuna glared at me. I raised my eyebrow. "What?"
 
"Don't talk to L.Joe oppa that way." I bursted out laughing at her response.
 
"Oppa? Are you kidding me? You're older than him by what I know." Hyuna turned red at the comment; I could almost feel the blood boiling inside her. I stuck my tongue out and continued with my walk.
 
L was silent throughout the trip. I figured so since he wasn't that type to talk a lot. I continued to walk along,minding my own business when L.Joe decided to "accidently" brushed my hand against mine. I looked up to see him wearing that infamous smirk of his.
 
"Don't you remember what I said about you touching me?"
 
He scoffed. "Who would want to touch you?" Is he bipolar? He's the one that touched me first!"
 
Hyuna smirked upon hearing L.Joe's response. "Of course he wouldn't want to touch you. I mean, compare me to you. Different isn't it?" I stared at Hyuna. She was wearing a shirt showing off way too much of her cleavage along with the shortest shorts physically possible on Earth. I gagged at her.
 
"It seems to me that you're stupid enough to want to get scratches from tree branches and everything. We're on a camping trip woman. Not at a strip club." 
 
"Well, to me it seems you're just too ashamed to show any of your body." 
 
"Want to try me?" I smirked at her, followed with an eye roll.
 
"Don't roll your eyes at me!" she exclaimed, acting like a spoiled brat. 
 
I gave a exasperated sigh. "And just now you realize that I've been doing that?"
 
I started looking at the map again, trying to figure a way out of the forest.
 
"God. Why is this map so confusing?!" I mumbled in irritation while looking at all the confusing arrows and dots on the piece of paper.
 
"Stop complaining." L.Joe grumbled.
 
"Say that to little princess over there." I rolled my eyes at Hyuna who was whining in the background, trying to catch up to us.
 
Psh. What a Princess.
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
"Oh my god, how long have we been walking for?!" I sighed in desperation. I didn't even know what time it was since I lost track of time. 
 
"Can't we just start over from the beginning?" L suggested.
 
"And where exactly is that "beginning" you're talking about?" L.Joe argued.
 
"Why don't you go ask that "sense of direction" of yours?" I made air quotes at him.
 
"Would you just drop that subject?!"his voice began to raise at me.
 
I let out a sigh, deciding to stop the argument before it turns into a big fight.
 
“See what you did? The oppas are mad now.” Hyuna hissed at me. 
 
“God. Drop the oppa woman. You’re freakin older then both of them!” she glared at my response before joining with L and L.Joe.
 
I rolled my eyes in irritation before looking at the map again. Goddamn it. Why is this map so hard to follow?! Either we just got a horrible map or we’ve got really bad luck.
 
I suspect that it’s both.
 
I  felt a sudden pain in my stomach. . It just had to come in right now. And I don’t have the pills either.
 
I’ve always had these stomach ache problems where it just comes in any moment. It’s hasn't been showing up these days, but just now it decided to act up. Talk about having bad luck.
 
I tried to stay up straight and continue walking until I slowly found myself crouching down, holding onto my stomach. I bit my lip, trying to hold it in but it’s seriously getting difficult. 
 
Myungsoo turned around when he realized I wasn’t walking with them anymore. He raised his eyebrow at the sight of me sitting on swatting on the ground.
 
“What are you doing? You okay?” he asked.
 
“I’m fine.” I managed to force out a response, my voice turning out to be a bit crackly. He furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards me, bending down to reach my height.
 
“What’s wrong?” 
 
I shook my head, trying to avoid the subject while he narrowed his eyes at me. L’s eyes traced my arms until they landed on my hands that were clutching onto my stomach.
 
“Stomach ache?” he asked, and for the first time, I actually heard some sincerity in his voice.
 
I shook my head, biting onto my lip even harder while my hands were digging into my palms, the nails imprinting crescent marks onto my skin.
 
“Stop lying.” he stated, making me sit down while learning my back onto the tree.
 
L.Joe and Hyuna started walking towards up to see the situation. 
 
“What’s with her?” L.Joe questioned.
 
“Stomach ache.” L replied.
 
“I said I was fine..” I mumbled.
 
“I said stop lying. It’s just making us more worried.”  L? Worried? Ice Prince is actually worried about someone for once?
 
“Yo, what’s wrong?” L.Joe sat down next to me. I glared at him.
 
“Didn’t you hear what he said? Stomach ache.” He rolled his eyes.
 
“You’re even more grouchy now.” 
 
“Shut up or you’ll lose your precious balls.” I threatened. L.Joe chuckled.
 
“It’s funny how you’re saying that even though you’re the one in pain right now.” 
 
I was about to shoot him back with another smart response, but let out a little yelp instead. You know that moment when it just hits hard and starts hurting really bad? I guess that was the moment.
 
Hyuna rolled her eyes at me before scoffing. “Seems to me that she’s just faking.”
 
I glared at her. “Then maybe you should -” I bit onto my lip before resuming my sentence. “try experiencing this for once.”
 
“What a liar.” she scoffed, throwing her hair back in a dramatic wave.
 
“Can you walk?” Myungsoo questioned.
 
“I don’t know..can we like, maybe just sit here for a while?” 
 
“Let’s just try getting back as fast as we can.” he suggested, kneeling on the ground while his back was facing me. I raised me eyebrow.
 
“Get on.” he stated. “I’ll carry you.”
 
“But-” I was cut off by Myungsoo. “Just get on. Unless you want to walk the whole way.”
 
I gave up and nodded. Why not? I really need the ride.
 
 
[L.Joe POV]
 
I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard L offer to give Eun Mi a ride on his back. .
 
She agreed, and started to stand up when I saw her suddenly trip. Her body lunging forward, about to hit the ground.
 
I was about to catch her, until I realized L already had her in his hands. I felt that weird feeling once again. I couldn’t help but glare at L, burning a hole in the back of his head.
 
She hopped onto his back, hugging his neck. He jumped a little, trying to get her into a comfortable position. I continued to glare at him, imagining that I was a ninja,slicing him at the moment. He turned back and asked if she was comfortable while she replied with a nod.
 
We continued with a walk for a few minutes. I felt the weird feeling suddenly kick back in the moment I saw Eun Mi laying her head onto the crook of his neck. I caught him letting out a small smile at the corner of my eye and felt myself getting angry again.
 
"Oppa~ I'm tired~ Can I get a ride too?~" Hyuna started doing her fail aegyo, batting her eyelashes while waiting for the reaction that she is indeed never going to get.
 
"No. You haves legs. Use them to walk yourself." I replied in a monotone while walking towards Eun Mi and L. Hyuna stomped her feet and followed the group.
 
I shifted my eyes over to the and L and saw how she seemed to be laying comfortably with him. Argh. Why didn't I think of that first?
 
Oh . L.Joe what are you saying. She's your slave. Masters don't carry their slaves. It goes the other way around.
 
I shook my head, mentally slapping myself a few times. 
 
I'm seriously going crazy.
 
 
[Eun Mi POV]
 
 
"Eun Mi, wake up." My eyes fluttered opened hearing Myungsoo's voice. I squinted my eyes due to the sunlight. Oh, I must have fell asleep. His body was really warm and comfortable.
 
"You can put me down now. I was heavy right?" I said chuckling lightly.
 
"Not really.." I heard L mumbled, slowly placing me down onto the ground. "You sure you can walk?" I nodded.
 
I heard Hyuna still complaining about how she was tired and the sun is ruining her skin in the background.
 
"Shut up Princess so we can just find our way out of here." I rolled my eyes at her drama queen behavior and headed off.
 
It was about night time when we arrived back at the camp site. The camp leaders gave us surprised looks as the saw us come in so late.
 
"What took you guys so long?!" one of the teachers came running up to us.
 
"We got lost along the way.." I explained.
 
"How do you get lost with a map?" 
 
Because your maps are so goddamn useless. I wanted to say but held myself back.
 
"I don't know. We couldn't follow the map correctly." I shrugged.
 
"Well that means you're the losing group. Everyone else has already arrived and are in their log cabins right now."
 
I nodded along. "So where's ours?" I questioned.
 
"Oh you won't be sleeping in a log cabin." 
 
I widened my eyes at his statement. Where are you expecting me to sleep then? On the ground?
 
"Turns out we don't have enough log cabins for everyone. The loser of this treasure hunt will be sleeping in the tents we have provided instead." he explained as I gaped at his words.
 
God. Please just take my life.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Yay~ Another update for you guys! Omg, I can't explain how happy the comments made me. I was flipping out when I saw you guys commented. Hoping to receive comments like thay everytime! It just really brings my motivation up! ^^

Happy reading! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Even though it was so short and boring.. /shoots self /
 
-iSoul