| almost caught

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

chapter twenty| almost caught


[Eun Mi POV ]

 

“Jung Eun Mi! Get your ing off the bed before I come in and drag you up myself!”

I heard L.Joe’s screaming coming from downstairs and that only caused me to snuggle even deeper into my blankets. Let that bastard do whatever he wants.

After a few more minutes, the door to the bedroom slammed open, showing L.Joe standing there staring at me with a pissed face. Storming his way over to me, he pulled the blanket down to the floor as I groaned in protest.

“You pig! Wake up!” he screamed as I groggily sat up on my bed, glaring at him with half open eyes.

“You. Out.” I growled as he scoffed in response. “Pig. Up.”

“Have you ever heard about how you should not mess with a girl and her sleep?!” I screamed, flopping back into the cushions of the bed.

“Girl? You?” he raised an eyebrow at me, scrutinizing my body. I rolled my eyes before shooting back a remark. “Please, I know I’m hot but no need to stare at me like that. God. Control your hormones boy.”

He gave me an amusing look, a smirk evident on his face. “What if I can’t control them? You’re in trouble then aren’t you?”

I pretended to puke at him. “I don’t get why I agreed to this in the first place. Who knows what you might do to me during my stay here.” I shivered at the thought as L.Joe laughed.

“Come on, please. I wouldn’t even want to touch you. Now get your lazy up brat.” he dragged me up as the whined in protest.

“Why should I listen to you?!”

“Because you’re the one living at my house.” he smiled in victory. I rolled my eyes before reluctantly got off from the bed. Grabbing me by the hand, he shoved me into the bathroom and closed the door, while I was whining about getting infected by L.Joe germs the entire way.

“You look freaking ugly. Go wash up or something so I can at least look at you without throwing up.” I stuck my tongue out at him. “Oh, seems like you finally know how I feel everytime I see your face~” I chirped as him, slamming the door shut before proceeding to do my usual morning routines. The days here are going to be hell, and I just know it. Why? Because that freaky poodle is around.

I walked down the stairs to be greeted by L.Joe in the kitchen, eating a bowl of cereal. I scrunched my face at him as I walked past while he returned the expression.

What did I say. The feelings are mutual.

Opening the refridgerator, I scanned the shelves for something to eat. Spotting some eggs, I decided to make an omelet. Why not. It’s the bastard’s money on the food so might as well pig out.

I laughed to myself evilly as I pulled out the eggs before proceeding to mix and season it. After 10 minutes, I was finished with my breakfast. Hey, don’t underestimate my cooking skills.

I carrired the plate over to the table, placing it down on the wooden surface before plopping myself down onto the chair. L.Joe sat there with a metal spoon in his mouth, eyeing my plate. I narrowed my eyes at him. “Why are you looking at this as if you have never seen an omelet before in your entire poodle life?”

“Are you sure you’re Eun Mi and not someone else? I never had the thought that you could cook up a decent meal.” he asked as I rolled my eyes at him, plopping a spoonful of the food in my mouth. I suddenly stepped on L.Joe’s foot under the table, making him groan in pain.

“Yah! What was that for?!” he screamed, rubbing his sore foot.

“Did that answer your question earlier?” I replied and continued to eat. He grimmanced at me before eating his own cereal bowl, glancing at my plate every now and then. I chuckled.

“If you want some, you could have said so poodle.” I remarked, placing another spoonful in my mouth before chewing tauntingly at him. He rolled his eyes. “As if. I’m sure it’ll kill me so I’m not taking a risk.”

A few more minutes passed, before L.Joe sighed. “Give me some. I want to try.”

I raised my eyebrow at the dude. “No.” I grinned, pulling the plate closer to me. His eyebrows pinched together before he stood up, reaching over the table to get to my plate.

“I said no!” I screamed at him as he rolled his eyes before sitting down. “What a pig.”

I ignored him and proceeded to finishing my food. I only give my precious food away to people I care for alright? And if you’re saying I care for this overly arrogant poodle right there then I suggest you go check with the doctors to see if you are mentally unstable because there’s a big chance you are.

Finishing my breakfast, I began washing the dishes. Humming a song while washing, I looked up when hearing a loud clatter. L.Joe had placed his bowl and spoon into the sink. “Yo poodle. I’m not washing this for you.” I stuck my tongue out at him as he raised an eyebrow at me. “You’re living at my house so at least do some work, unless you want me to kick you out.”

I groaned in protest as he smiled at his new found glory, knowing he had all the power right now. I glared at the back of his head as he walked off towards the living room. Maybe if I glare hard enough, I might be able to melt that iron head of his.

Finally down with the dishes, I came into the living room and plopped myself onto the couch. I the tv, flipping through the channels with the remote as I tried finding something interesting to watch.

L.Joe appeared, and plopped himself onto the couch next to me. I scrunched my face and scooted away. “There’s another couch over there. Go sit there instead poodle.”

He shrugged and remained planted in his spot. “No. I like it over here better.” I rolled my eyes at his persistence and moved myself onto the other sofa. L.Joe got up and plopped himself onto that couch, right next to me again.

“Am I really that irresistable? You’re following me like a lost dog, which you technically are so that kind of makes sense.” I scooted further away from him but the dude kept on scooting over closer. Ew, I’m getting infected with L.Joe germs. Ew. Ew.

I made one last giant scoot, forcing myself in the corner of the sofa, my right arm squished against the arm of the couch. And L.Joe just decided he had to do the same thing. I glared at him. That poodle is practically sitting on me right now.

I decided to ignore him and began searching through the channels again. Finally finding a good show, I smiled in content and settled down to watch it. That was until L.Joe snatched the remote out of my arm and changed the channel. I gaped at him. “Hey! I was here first! Switch it back!” I yelled, lunging forward for the remote.

He stuck his tongue out and hugged onto the remote possessively. I narrowed my eyes at him before attempting to grab it once again. We continued to wrestle on the ground like little kids fighting over candy. The doorbell suddenly rang as he paused momentarily.

L.Joe stared up, making a face at me as I made a face back at him. He looked through the hole of his door to check who it was. Abruptly turning around, he stared at me with large eyes while mouthing ‘go away’. I scrunched my face at his command and was about to give him a response but found his hand covering up my mouth, muffling the sounds I was making.

“Sh. Be quiet. Do you know how much trouble it would be if Teen Top caught you staying at my house?” he hissed under his breath as my eyes widened.

Oh . I’m doomed.

Pulling me upstairs, he opened up a random door in the hallway - which turned out to be a closet - and stuffed me inside.

Why that -

Slam.

Oh great. A door slammed in my face. How nice is that dude.

 


[ L.Joe POV]


I ran back downstairs to the door and opened it up, revealing the 5 guys standing there. Ricky pranced into the house, followed along with Changjo and Niel as C.A.P and Chunji eyed me mysteriously.

“Why did you take so long to open the door?” Chunji asked, taking off his shoes as he stepped into the house. I fidgeted with my fingers, trying to think of a good response.

“Oh, my music on headphones was up really loud so it took me a while to hear the doorbell ringing.”

Oh L.Joe. Smooth. Very smooth. How great are you.

Chunji nodded, taking the explanation before joining the others at the living room. I sighed in relief, closing the door before coming into the living room myself.

“Hey, why don’t you go up to your room?” C.A.P suggested as I widened my eyes a bit.

. The closet that brat is in is right next to my room. If she makes a sound, we’re going to get caught. Bloody hell. Why did I even suggest for her to stay here anyways?

… It’s because I’m nice. That’s right. I’m so nice and generous, allowing filthy little brats to come into my house for a place to live when they idiotically forget to pack along keys.

“Um, my room is like, uh, very messy right now so.. Why don’t we just stay here?” I reasoned as they eyed me suspiciously. “No worries hyung, your room is always messy.” Ricky pointed out as I glared at him.

“Well, the playstation is down here so let’s just stay here and play.” I persuaded and they all nodded in agreement.

“I’m battling Ricky!” Changjo declared, grabbing onto one of the controllers as Niel bent forward to turn the turn the device on. Grabbing the other remote, Ricky sat next to the younger, claiming how he was going to win the battle. And then there they go, abusing the controllers. Man, if this goes on, my gaming device is bound to break anytime soon.

“Hyung, join us!” Changjo called me over as I sweated. “Um, actually, I have to go to the restroom so..be right back!” I hollered running up the stairs.

“But..why are you running upstairs?.. There’s a restroom right down in the living room..” Niel mumbled.

I dashed upstairs and opened the closet door, revealing Eun Mi who was huddled in a corner, hugging onto her knees. I gave her a questioning look. She slowly looked up as light flooded the room. I felt a tug on my lips as I gave her a teasing smile.

“Are you..perhaps, claustrophobic?..” I asked, taking notice of her form.

She glared at me a little before slightly nodding her head. “Just a bit. Darkness adds in onto it.”

I suddenly felt bad for shoving her into that tiny closet but hey, it because of the situation right? Right? I’m not being mean or anything.. But then once again, I slammed the door in her face too..

Argh. I’m too perfect to take the blame for this.

“Come out and be quiet. They’re down in the living room.” I whispered, pulling her out before quietly closing the closet door behind me.

“No go. It’s dangerous. They’re going to head up here sooner or later, and that means we’re going to be in big trouble.” I explained as she gave me a ‘what-the-heck’ face.

“Where the hell am I supposed to go? They’re out in the living room, which has the front door and the back door is also in plain sight so I really can’t escape.” she said as I rolled my eyes at her.

Dragging her to one of the rooms, I opened the window and pointed to it. “Jump.” I instructed as she gaped at me.

“Jump?! Through a window? No way.” she objected. Bleh. There comes the y attitude.

“Come on! It’s not even that high! We’re like, I don’t know, 20 feet off the ground? You can land perfectly fine with that height!” I urged as she glared at me.  I shrugged. “Unless you want them to come up here and find you in my house. You know, it might lead to some misunderstandings.” I paused, giving her a little smirk. “Inappropriate misunderstandings.”

She gave me her disgusted face. “Ew, don’t even think about it. I can just hide but there’s no way I’m jumping.”

I rolled my eyes at her persistence. “If I don’t make it, I’ll fall and kill myself and that’s not good and-”

Before she could finish her sentence, I had picked her up bridal style and carried her up. “Yah! Poodle! What are you doing?!” I muffled . “Seems like you really want to get caught living in the house right me huh? Fell for me already?”

She rolled her eyes at me before prying my hands off . “You wish. Now put me down if you don’t want your precious balls to be ripped o-- holy . L.Joe what are you doing?!”

I began shoving her outside the window she found herself half dangling outside a window. I smiled. “Having fun jumping~” I looked down to see how she landed and found out she was down on the grass. Smiling in satisfactory, I closed the window and headed downstairs.

“Yo, what took you took you so long?” C.A.P asked, munching on a bag of potato chips I had in the kitchen.

“He was probably busy admiring himself in the mirror.” Niel commented as the rest snickered at the joke. I shot him a glare as he patted my back laughing. “Kidding man, kidding.”

I rolled my eyes and plopped myself onto the couch. Seeing the remote on the table, I chuckled lightly at the memory of how we were fighting over the remote earlier like little kids.

Speaking of that brat, I wonder how she’s doing. Okay that’s a bit harsh but it’s her fault for refusing to jump! It’s not even that high!

I ruffled my hair in frustration at the thought of her. Ugh. See why I hate her so much? That girl can bring some really funny memories but the thought of her stubbornness is already enough to piss me off.

Scratch that, her whole being is already not likeable!

She’s officially earned the title of ‘brat’ from me. And I’m supposedly the ‘poodle’.

I chuckled lightly at the ridiculous names we’ve decided for each other. Until I remembered all the embarrassing things she had done to me.

Argh. That brat is going to be the death of me.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:  A=Wehe update for you guys. I've been too focussed on writing on of my writing contest entries (blame my procrastination) so I haven't got the chance to update my other stories for a while. Plus, the story is more of the professional and angst type so my romcom writing skills was taking a vacation and didn't want to come back. It took me hours, HOURS, to just manage to write this capter. God, and it's not even that good. Hope it's acceptable though. More ByungMi moments comming in the future~!
 
I'm crazy for having a lot of fics. Omg but I can't help it. Oh and I know alot of you here love Myunggie too so... Being the shameless author I am, mind checking it out? Fic featuring Myungsoo and Infinite?
 
 - High school president by day, 7 year old girl by night. A kiss to break the rejuvenation spell. Project : Kiss Me!
Park Jin Ah was the well known high school president of Woolim High. Stubborn, hard headed, and well feared by all the delinquents at school. And she was planning to keep that image of hers. But that image all went crashing down when she found herself stuck staying at the house of the seven new trouble makers of the school in the form of a seven year old girl.

“ Well, good morning Miss Prez. And may I please ask for the reason why you’re sleeping on my bed? 
 
click it. you know you want to. L.Joe commands for you to. o u o
-iSoul