| camping trip

Once Upon an Arrogant Poodle

chapter eleven| camping trip

 


 

[Eun Mi POV]
 
"Oh my god! I'm going to be late!" 
 
I ran around the house frantically, throwing anything I could remember into my backpack. We were going on a trip today and I totally forgot about it until Mi Kyong texted me right in the morning. 
 
"." I cursed as I looked at the time. "Curse me and my last minute packing." 
 
Eun Jo was standing at the door staring at me. He clicked his tongue. "Sheesh noona, why didn't you pack last night?" 
 
"Don't just stand there and help me!" I whined. He shrugged and casually walked away. Aish, stubborn kid.
 
I grabbed my backpack now fully packed with things and ran down the stairs, almost tripping over a few steps. I ran into the kitchen, taking out a mini bottle of milk and chugging it down.
 
"Slow down noona. You might choke." As if on cue, I started to choke on my milk. I glared at Eun Jo while he held his hands up in defense. "Not my fault." He shrugged.
 
I threw the bottle into the trash can, and ran to the door. Slipping on a pair of black converse, I waved Eun Jo good bye before running off.
 
"Remember to be good during your stay at Minwoo's house!" I hollered to him while he nodded and waved back.
 
"I still have some time left. I'll make it." I told myself as I ran faster.
 
I arrived at the school, barely on time. Mrs. Kim gave me a lecture about being tardy while all I could do was nod along to her. Hey. Blame it on the Korean idols. They're too attractive for me to ignore.
 
After what seemed like forever, I finally boarded the bus,trying to find an empty seat. Pretty much all the seats were taken. I pouted when I saw Minwoo was already sitting down while he gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry. Teacher said we had to go sit down."
 
I waved it off and continued walking down the aisle to find an empty seat. I smiled when I spotted one at the end of the bus but my mood went down once I saw who was sitting there.
 
"Ugh it's you."  I grumbled when I saw that the only empty seat left was next to L.Joe. He lifted his eyes from his phone and stared at me. He was wearing simple grey sweater with matching black skinny jeans followed along with a pair of navy blue converse. Hm, I could say he has good fashion sense for a poodle.
 
"I'm handsome aren't I?" he smirked when he caught he staring at him. I scoffed. "Arrogant as ever I see." I noticed he was taking the window seat. 
 
"Move. I want window seat." I ordered him when he raised his eyebrow at me. 
 
"I thought I was in charge of you here." I groaned hearing his response.
 
"Rock paper scissors." I stated. He looked at me with a confused face. "Rock paper scissors. Winner gets window seat." 
 
"How old are you? Five?" I smirked at him. "Seems to me like you're just scared." He scoffed.
 
"Scared? Kidding me right?" 
 
"I guess I have to change your name from poodle to chicken now." He started to look annoyed as he scowled at me. "Fine."
 
"Rock paper scissors!" I smiled in victory as I saw he had a rock while I had paper. "Ha! Now  out of the way. I take the window seat."
 
He glared at me, but finally got out of the way so I could sit down. He made a disgusted face at me while I did the same thing, plopping myself down onto the seat.
 
 I looked over to see L.Joe staring at his phone. Eww. He's way too close to me. I started scooting further away from him while I saw a smirk forming on his lips while his attention was still on his phone.
 
"Why are you sitting so far away? Scared?" I rolled my eyes at his confidence.
 
"No." I replied him back. 
 
"Then come closer." his eyes never bothering to even leave the phone.
 
I pretended to puke at him while he chuckled in response. 
 
After what seemed like hours of the bus driver instructing us on the bus - which was oh so very boring - we started heading off. I took out my iPhone along with earphones and turned the music on. Thank goodness I remember this or I would never be able to make it through this bus ride.
 
 
[L.Joe POV]
 
 
I stole a couple glances at her while she was focused on her music. I took a look at her outfit. She wore a light yellow shirt with a grey tank top underneath, topping it off with a blue and yellow plaid shirt. She had dark blue jeans on, along with a pair of black converse while her hair was up on a messy bun. 
 
Hey. It surprised me she knew how to dress herself. 
 
It's already been about an hour in the bus and I was starting to get really bored. I glanced over to Eun Mi to see she was staring intently out the window. I followed her gaze to see she was staring at the cherry blossoms along the road. She had a soft smile on her face, the same smile I saw yesterday when she was with the little boy.
 
"They're pretty aren't they?.." she suddenly whispered. 
 
"Huh?"
 
"When we were young, I used to always demand for my parents to take me and Eun Jo out to the park whenever it was spring. It was to look at the cherry blossoms that bloomed there" I stared at her, not be able to say anything due to her sudden speech. "It was fun back in those times." Her gentle expression then suddenly faded away. She stopped when she realized what she was saying.
 
She turned around to face me who was just sitting there staring at her. She raised her eyebrow at my expression.
 
"What?" she asked, her usual self kicking back in. I rolled my eyes. "Nothing."
 
She shrugged and continued to listen to her music again. I couldn't help but drift back to what happened earlier. Why did she suddenly tell me that? And..that gentle expression of hers. I don't see it often. She always seems to be a that cares about nothing..yet, she has that other side of her. I shook my head. L.Joe. You're thinking too much.
 
The bus came to a sudden halt. I flung forward while Eun Mi..
 
She fell over to my arms.
 
..
 
...
 
....
 
We were just sitting there, me holding her in my arms while her hands were gripping onto my shirt. 
 
"You know, if you want a hug.. you could have just asked for one." I stated smugly, a teasing smile forming on my face. She widened her eyes and started slapping my hand.
 
"Ugh. Who said I wanted a hug from you! Stupid poodle!" I held my hands in front of my face to defend myself. After a while, she stopped and sat in her seat, her arms crossed over her chest like a little kid who's mad. I chuckled to myself. This girl can be real amusing I tell you.
 
"Jeez. You're taking too much of my space." she pushed me over, causing half of my body to hang over the edge of the bench.
 
"No. You're taking up too much space!" I scooted over, nearly sitting on her while she was squished onto the window. She growled at me before pushing me back. We soon started pushing each other back and forth several times until she shoved me hard, making me fall into the aisle.
 
"Ow!" I cried, holding onto my arm. 
 
"You! What are you doing in the aisle! Get onto the seat right this moment! Didn't you listen to anything I said earlier?!" the bus driver yelled at me. I shot Eun Mi a glare; her giving me a mehrong ,while I picked myself up and sat on the bench again. 
 
We sat in complete silence for 15 minutes or so, until my hand brushed against hers. 
 
"Yah! Don't touch me!"
 
"Why? You scared?" 
 
She made her gag face and ignored me when I poked her. She didn't say anything so I poked her. Again. And again. And again.
 
"Okay! What do you want?!" she hissed at me. I smiled innocently. "Nothing~" I sang in a childish voice. She rolled her eyes in annoyance and continued to look out the window until I poked her again.
 
"I said to stop touching me!" she glared at me, almost like firing lasers through her eyes. 
 
She slapped my hand away while I immediately began to poke her again. 
 
"Oh my gosh. You're being so annoying!" 
 
"Am I?" 
 
She growled before hitting my arm,  while I used the other arm to keep poking her over and over again.
 
"HEY! You two in the back. Stop touching each other!" the bus driver suddenly yelled through the microphone. The whole entire bus went silent as all the eyes turned back to look at us.
 
Here comes the ual awkwardness..
 
Gosh people. Stop thinking wrong. Especially when I'm with this . EW.
 
We resumed to doing our own business. Another hour passed by and I was still trying to beat my high score in a game. I was focus on the game until I felt a weight being placed on my shoulder. I turned to the side to see Eun Mi was lying her head on my shoulder.
 
Aish. If you want to sleep, lean on the window or something woman.
 
I pushed her head to the side, but in a matter of seconds, it fell back onto my shoulder. I rolled my eyes in irritation and attempted to push her head away a few more times, but the results were the same each time. I started to flick her forehead, trying to wake her up but that seem to be helping at all.  She seems to be a real heavy sleeper.
 
I sighed in defeat and let her head lay there. I leaned back against the chair, trying to relax. She immediately began to snuggle closer to me, trying to get in a comfortable position. I smiled to myself a little as I looked at her sleeping face. 
 
was slight open while her chest went up and down as she slowly breathed. Her brown hair fell onto her face, covering a bit of her eye. She looked peaceful while sleeping. For once, she actually seemed like a girl.
 
I start to slowly feel my eyelids get heavier as I drifted off to sleep.
 
 
 
[Eun Mi POV]
 
 
"Everyone. We're here. Form a single line and make your way out of the bus."
 
My eyes fluttered open upon hearing the bus driver through the speakers. I gave a slight yawn, sitting up while rubbing my eyes.
 
"We're here already?.." I mumbled to myself, not fully awake yet.
"Did you have fun sleeping on me?" I heard L.Joe's voice. I gave him a questioning look. "You were laying on me the whole time while sleeping. And you snore too."
 
I widened my eyes. Ugh. I actually slept on him?! Ew ew ew.
 
I stood up and followed the line to head outside the bus when I heard L.Joe mumble something in the background.
 
"Although the snoring is kinda cute."
 
...
 
Gosh I'm hearing things. Hey, I'm not fully awake yet.
 
Everyone met on the camp grounds. This is going to be a 1 week camping trip. This should be fun..for the most part..Maybe?
 
"Alright everyone. We've arrived her at the camp sight." Mr. Lee announced, speaking through a megaphone. "We'll give you guys some times to organize all your things before we start the first event. All of you will be be placed in teams of four."
 
My eyes lit up hearing we'll be in teams. I'll be with Mi Kyong. Min Kyu, and Minwoo then! My smiled dropped when he announced that they already had all the groups planned out.
 
"Listen carefully for your name and which group you'll be in. Donghyuk, Jae Sun, Ai Rin, and Kyung Mi. Group One." He continued to read off the names. I was crossing my hands, praying to be in a group with at least one person I know.
 
"Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo,and Hoya." he continued reading names while I was anxiously waiting for mine. What's taking so long?!
 
"Eun Mi-"
 
 There is it! 
 
"L," 
 
Wait what? 
 
"L.Joe" 
 
Oh god no. 
 
"And Hyuna."
 
God hates me.
 

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Yes. Another update! This ninja is updating fast right? X3 ..I'm sad. None of you are commenting. It's really making me scared that you aren't liking the story..;A; and lol the image I gave you was just an idea of Eun Mi's clothes. Just imagine she's wearing jeans instead of shorts XD
 
Updating again tomorrow so look forward to it! ^^ Comment subscribe and I'll give you all cookies~ ..Okay maybe not but I'LL LURV YOU ALL! X3
 
-iSoul