The chat over dinner

The owner of my heart[Edit]

In the meanwhile, Donghae was at the café discussing business and coincidentally he saw Jessica with Jaejoong. He doesn’t know why but he felt uneasy with their interaction. He wondered what’s their conversation was about. So they two knew.

“Mr Lee,” his client voice bring his sense back as he was busying watching Jessica who doesn’t seemed to have notice him, had left the café. She even look beautiful in the morning with her hair flowing.

“So you said you will need models for this campaign right?” Donghae said quickly as his attention averted back to his client.

“Yes,” his client smiled as Donghae slowly smiled too as if he had thought of who.

“Ok. Deal.” He shook hand as he closed his deal with the client. Donghae was only 22 years old when he was given a challenging position ever since his father passed away, naming him his successor. It had been 1 year since then; he did not disappoint other shareholder as he was brilliant and had helped the company to go through crisis. He had done a marvelous job. 

He left not long after Jaejoong left. Then, he came to realize that he was in Jessica house vicinity. Since he had no other schedules for the next few hours, he decided to take some time to stroll along the area. Weirdly, his both feet brought him to Jessica house unknowingly. He then stood in front of her house, staring at the house wondering if she was inside.

“Donghae shi?” he heard a sweet voice called from behind.

He gave a boyish smile and scratched his head. “Hi.”

“What are you doing here?” she raised her brows.

“I was around this area for a meeting…” he replied which was indeed the fact.

“I see. But why are you standing in front of my house?” she chuckled lightly. She noticed he was wearing a business suit and somehow it looks perfectly great on him. She looked elsewhere instantly.

“I –“he tried to come up with something, so not to let her mistaken he is a ert loitering around her house.

“Oh ya, I was thinking if I can get my coat back since I’m here,” he told.

It’s only 11 am in the morning. Even the laundry shop opens it service at 10.30am. I remembered telling him that I will call him once is ready. She thought.

“Uh – but I just send your coat to the laundry. It will take about few hours to be ready,” she informed.

“I see. Well when it’s ready, please call me and I will collect from you,” he mumbled. He remained nonchalantly as he could.

“Do you want to come in for tea?” she invited him politely. They stood under the sun for a while by now.

“Thanks for your invitation but I remembered I still got an appointment. I need to go,” he flushed.

“Alright, I will call you to return your coat then,” she grinned and he left.

Later that evening, Donghae received an unknown caller.

“Hi, is this Donghae shi? I’m Jessica,” she identified herself.

“Hi Jessica shi,” a small grin formed on his face. Hearing her voice strangely lifted up his tiredness from his heavy workload.

“Hope that I am not disturbing you, can I meet you to return your coat back?” she asked.

“Sure. 7pm at the restaurant,” he told her the venue.

“See you then,” the call ended.

Jessica quickly changed into a comfortable wear, not forgetting to bring the washed coat along with her and head over to the restaurant.

She thought she was early but apparently, Donghae was already there when she reached. “Donghae shi,” she called. “Did you wait long?”

He shook his head and they entered the restaurant. They were given a table near the window and they were able to see the pretty lightings from the garden next to them. He passed her the menu and asked what she would like. She browsed through and decided to go with a grilled chicken Cesar salad.

He stared at her, “That’s all?”

She nodded with a light smile. “We have to keep watch on our diet, you know?” she flashed a quick wink. She is a model, she had to maintain her figure and she always had light dinner. Although she knows herself that she doesn’t gain weight easily if she eats a lot but she was just playing safe.

Donghae waved for the waitress to come. “Please give us two plates of steak.” He returned the menu back to her.

“Ani! I just want a salad,” she requested.

“No, you are eating meat. Look at you, you are thin already,” he observed her. “And being models doesn’t mean by watching diet. You still have to eat and grow some meat on yourself.”

She pouted, wondering why he was demanding. She gave up and took the paper bag which contained his coat. “Here’s your coat,” she flashed a sweet and sorry smile.

He set the paper bag aside and started a conversation with her. He was kind of interested in knowing her. He can easily let off his guard because of her innocence.

“You love modelling?”

She grinned. “I love it. It’s my dream. I often see myself taking the prestigious stage in London when I was little. I am now taking baby steps and I believe I can do it one day.” She was confidence.

“How long have you been in this line?” he wondered because he don’t take notice at them.

“Not long, I am only in my 2nd year,” she replied and sipped the wine he had ordered. “I love this wine.”

She offered her glass and clanked with his. “How about you? What do work as?”

“I had the most boring job in world,” he laughed.

“And?” she was curious in what kind of job he referred was boring.

“I am a businessman,” he sipped the wine, tasted its sweetness which came later after the bitterness.

“I see…” she somehow agreed it was boring job. A businessman always busied themselves in the never ending workload just like her parents.

“How old are you?” he inquired. Before she replied, “You just turned 21st. I remembered it was just last night.”

“Good memory,” she teased playfully. She felt comfortable with talking to him and also it helped her to clear Jaejoong image in her mind.

“Let me guess your age,” she suddenly became excited.

“23?” she wriggled her brows which amused him.

“How you know?” he was surprised she guessed correctly.

“I’m a genius,” she laughed playfully, her laughter made him laughed too. It’s been long that he had a good laugh.

Just then, their steaks were served and they chatted throughout the meal happily.

“Oh! I had a request,” he suddenly said.

“What is it?” Jessica looked up at him.

“Can you be my model for my company? You can also bring your other two friends. So how do you think?” he asked.  

She thought through awhile before agreeing since he had helped her yesterday and she will return his small favor. “Sure. I will inform my manager and the girls.”

“Great!” he sounded happy. “I will text you the date, time and venue.”