He's here

The owner of my heart[Edit]

Jessica returned home and lay on her bed with a sigh. She replayed the whole scene from the kissing game to seeing him.

He still looked exactly the same- charming but this time something is different from his eyes. Sigh, why on earth do I have to see him in the club? Why was he there? Why he still remember my birthday? Do I still mean something to him? Was he just coincidentally there or was he going to flirt with other girls? Many unanswered questions bombarded her and her head ached. She tossed and turned that night and then sat on the bed as her finger traced the little scar on her feet which also reflected her scar in her heart.

She was reminded she was 17 back then when she and him had a relationship. They are each other first love and are very much deeply in love. She remembered her heart fluttered when he chased after her for a year, his persistent and sincerity touched her.  In the college, this couple was highly envied and recognized by their peers. They are both named as their school sweetheart. They are inseparable. They had shared many sweet and unforgettable moments together until one day …

-Flashback-

“Baby Jae,” she chirped happily and hoped to his room with her hand holding onto a big photo frame. It was their 2nd anniversary and she excitedly wanted to show him her first handmade photo frame of them. As she opened the door, she gasped with her eyes wide opened and unconsciously dropped the photo frame.

The photo frame shattered into pieces and it cut her feet. The pain on her bleeding feet could not compare to her bleeding heart. She witnessed right in front of her eyes that her boyfriend was kissing a woman whom she don’t know on his bed. Jessica immediately grabbed her bag and ran off. He did not chase after her then. Their relationship was ended without a proper goodbye and explanation from him. She heard from a source that he had quitted school and no one knows exactly where he is.

She believed she was blinded by love, too innocent, too naïve to believe that they are each other first love and last as well. Everything was just a dream, a happy dream which don’t last.

-Flashback ends-

“Jaejoong…” she held the couple photo they took in college.

“Why didn’t you chase after me and explain? I could have forgiven you and give you a chance back then,” she cried herself to sleep that night.

The next morning, Jessica woke up lazily with her puffy eyes. Her phone buzzed and she answered the call languidly.

“Hello,” she answered in a monotone and yawned loudly.

“Geez. Unnie! Where are you now? Where were you last night? Why did you leave without informing us? What happened exactly? You made us worried! You owe us an explanation.” She heard both Yuri and Yoona screaming over the phone but she also heard their sigh of relief.

Jessica straightened her back and leaned against the bed wall. She started recalling and the duos yelled loudly over the phone which startled Jessica and she returned back to her senses.

“Uhh, sorry guys for making you worried the whole night. I saw a good friend of mine and we started to catch up but didn’t know that we took the whole night. Sorry for not informing you. Well, let’s meet up soon kay and thanks for the party. I love you all!” she lied feeling for being dishonest with her best friends. She is not ready to confess to them about Jaejoong… yet

She then realized she had a lot of unread messages and missed calls. She did her morning routine. Since she had no schedule for today, she dressed simply and went out to the nearby café for breakfast.

The moment she stepped out of her house, she saw a lean figure standing in front of the gate. The figure heard a light footstep from behind and he turned with a nervous smile. Jessica felt her heart stop beating for a second. It was Jaejoong.

What is he doing here?!

Jaejoong was kind of surprise to see her. He was just trying out his luck if Jessica still live here and it turned out to be a relief for him that she didn’t move at all.

“Jess, you didn’t move out,” his voice deep and low, the first thing he said to her.

She stood rooted on the ground. Her heart strangely pacing and she answered, “No. Why should I move out? It’s beautiful area here.”

He smiled again. “What are you doing here?” she tried to sound calm. She doesn’t even want to see him at all, not after what everything had happened, not after 2 long years when she already had moved on and stop thinking of him.

“I’m here to see you. I want to talk to you,” he said in almost a plea.

“There’s nothing to talk,” she knew her tone was a little harsh.

“Please…” he begged as he took a step forward. Seeing how retreated a step back, he knew it was inevitable. He knew how hurt she was and she still hold grudge for him.

His plead was a soft spot for her. She bit her lip, “5 minutes. That’s all.” Finally he let out a small grin.