The Bidder

The owner of my heart[Edit]

After the soothing and sensational performance put up by Jessica, she breathed out a soft and short relief. Loud applaud were all over the hall. She rose from the cushion piano seat and faced the guests with a broad smile. She did not have expected such a warm response she would receive from the guests. What she didn’t know was that Donghae was one of the guests.

Donghae had kept his eyes on her all the time she was performing. He was indeed impressed by her.  Additionally, she had left a deep impression on Mr. Choi who had nothing but praises for both her beauty and talents. However, both Bora and Yura aren’t pleased at all, they stomped their feet underneath the clothed table. They all thought she would come unprepared and embarrassed herself but they were wrong.

Jessica once again bowed with thank before she left the stage.  She returned back to the shared room with a singer, Sulli.

“Unnie, you were so great. You may consider becoming a singer,” Sulli showed two thumbs up for her.

“I agree,” a deep and y voice said.

“Oppa!” Sulli hugged him.

He messes her hair and congrats her on displaying good performance earlier.

“Hi Miss Jessica, I’m Choi SeungHyun,” he introduced himself with an offered hand shake.

“Hi Mr. Choi,” she exchanged a quick handshake.

“I watched your performance earlier, it was astonishing,” SeungHyun praised.

“Thank you,” she smiled.

“Have you thought of becoming a singer? I can promote you to become the best singer and renowned model,” he winked.

“Thank you for your offer but no thanks. I would like to concentrate on my modelling,” she was not affected by his killer winks.  

“That’s a waste; I would like to work together with you,” he was fazed by her reply because no woman had rejected his offer. “But anyway, if you have a change of mind, please contact me,” he handed her his name card.

She took it and simply placed it on the desk without looking at it. Seunghyun smirked and then excused himself. “Bye little sister, see you later and bye Miss Jessica.”

We will meet again real soon.

“Please don’t mind my brother,” Sulli apologized for her brother action.

“Please don’t say that. I don’t mind it at all,” she smiled. She doesn’t care about man like him. She knows man like him who possesses good charming look thinks they will get what attention from girls.

Very soon, Jessica and other performers were recalled back to the open stage. They stood in a line where Jessica was far at the edge.

The Emcee spoke, “Thank you for the fantastic performance and you all had done a good job.” The guests and performers clapped.

“Also, thank you all for the generous and kind support; we are very pleased to announce that we had raised a total 2 billion for the organization. On the behalf of the elderly and children, I am really thankful and grateful to all.” She bowed while the rest clapped with glee.

Jessica was really happy to see that everyone effort paid off. She nervously watched the guests’ name being called up to stage to each performer because of their high bid.

“Do you think you stand the chance?” Kibum stood next to Donghae, asked.

“I hope so,” he really does want to win the bid. He was sure that no other except Mr. Choi will place the highest bid than him. His chance is 50-50.

“Mr. Lee,” he recognized the voice.

He turned back. “Mr. Choi.”

“I heard that you had placed a bid on Miss Jessica,” he started off.

Donghae smiled “I heard that Mr. Choi too had placed a bid.”

“Yes, I did. I was so amazed and impressed. She had caught my attention when she appeared on the stage.”

“Likewise,” replied Donghae.

“I know that your company had invited Jessica shi to do a photoshoot, lucky you. You know her before I do,” Mr Choi said.

“News sure fly fast to you,” Donghae smirked and not surprised that he knows.

“I really do like her” Mr. Choi confessed.

Donghae felt uneased with his confession.

Mr. Choi Seunghyun is also in his early twenties and is the heir of his rival company. They also faced off each other and fight for the number one spot in Seoul. He was best known for his distinct facial features, smartness, intelligence and also the infamous Casanova. This is also why Donghae needs to win this bid. He wouldn’t want to see Jessica interact with him.

“I am interested to see who will be the winner,” Seunghyun crossed his arms and eyed at Jessica.

“Finally, we will have our youngest model, Jessica shi, to step forward,” the emcee requested.

Jessica took a step forward and it was the time to reveal her highest bid and bidder.

“Wow!” the emcee exclaimed as she unlid the envelope.

“I bet she will have the lowest bid,” Bora snickered.

“Miss Jessica has the highest bid of all tonight,” the emcee continued. Jessica eyes widened upon hearing it. She was shocked. She wondered who it will be.

“And apparently, there are two winners who had placed the same amount for Miss Jessica,” the emcee smiled. Everyone attention was on Jessica. Two?

“It can’t be!” Yura was pissed.

“Looks like we are the winners,” Seunghyun laughed although he was unpleased.

“Can we please invite Mr. Lee and Mr. Choi to the stage,” the emcee revealed and put her hand together to welcome them to the stage.

Kibum and Minho both watched them went up to the stage. “I wondered how hyung is feeling right now,” Minho pondered.

“It’s going to be interesting that he will face off a strong love rival,” Kibum laughed.

As Donghae made his way up to the stage, Jessica eyes didn’t blink for at least 30 seconds at least when she saw him. She was indeed shocked to see him and Seunghyun together and the three of them made a quick eye contact.

Jessica was in between them. Seunghyun grinned while Donghae smiled.

“Donghae shi?” she moved her lips and he mouthed a ‘Hi ‘.

“Thank you for your kind support towards the organization,” she gave him an angelic smile.

She wanted to ask why he is here but she realized that he will definitely here because he’s one of the powerful people.

Seunghyun felt his heart unknowingly sting when she failed to acknowledged his presence first. He made a short cough and it was then when Jessica titled her head slightly to him. He pouted, “Miss Jessica. You made me upset when you failed to thank me too considering I had also supported the organization.”

Jessica wanted to roll her eyes. “Thank you Mr. Choi for your generous support.”

“That’s more like it,” his cool reply annoyed her.

“Let’s have the three of you take a photo first before we play a small game,” the emcee said.   

“Well, we will have the game start,” the emcee announced happily. “We will have you to draw lots from the bottle and the paper will indicate on what you will be doing. And you will compete with the group whom had chosen the same game as you. The winner will receive a prize sponsored by our chairman of the organization.”

“Ladies,” Donghae gestured her to draw the lots.

“What is it?” Seunghyun asked when she unfolded the paper.

She gasped. It reads that a team of two is required to hold a tennis ball between their foreheads and the first to reach the finish line without dropping the ball wins.  They need to pass two tennis balls. This game required good teamwork and a bit of physical contact in order to win.

Her group is competing with Sulli group. Jessica placed the ball between their foreheads. They could hardly hold the ball together at first.  When the first whistle went off, they tried to synchronize their movement.

“One step at a time,” Seunghyun looked into her eyes.

She decided to grab his shoulder so they could balance the ball between their foreheads.  His body tensed up with her touch. It was a good strategy as they both smiled at each other. They were slightly ahead compared to Sulli group.

After dropping the ball into the box, they ran back and it was Donghae turn with her. He was secretly smiling inside although he was poker faced. He disliked seeing the physical contact between them.

“Ready?” he asked and they continued their game. He used the same strategy as she did with Seunghyun. Their movement was synchronized and in the end they won. Jessica jumped with joy and gave a quick hug to Donghae and his heart skipped a beat.

Seunghyun gritted his teeth. Jessica went back to Seunghyun side and HI10 him. What Jessica didn’t expect was when the moment they HI10, he entwined her finger and pulled her to him. Once he had his fair share of hugging her, he was feeling better.

Donghae was not enjoying this scene while Jessica darted her icy glares at Seunghyun, disapproving at what he just did.

Suenghyun just smiled and thought in his mind that no matter what it takes, he wants her.

Since they are the winner, they received a dinner vouchers at a restaurant. “I don’t need this dinner vouchers, who wants it?” Jessica asked.

“We are going to use these vouchers for our dinner together although I would actually prefer dinner just the two of us,” Seunghyun throw a sideway glance at Donghae.

“Who said I want to have dinner with you?” Jessica replied.

Donghae laughed. “Why not? Are you afraid that you will fall for me after the dinner?” Seunghyun challenged.

“No way I would fall for you,” Jessica smiled calmly and it hurts him when she said that.

“You can’t be sure yet,” his lip purse into a thin line.

“Don’t argue, we are going for this dinner because our presence is compulsory, and besides the chairman would be there too,” Donghae said.

“Fine then,” Jessica gave a genuine smile to Donghae.

“Sica,” it was Benson. “It’s late, we shall get going now.”

Jessica bid her goodbye to Donghae and reluctantly to Seunghyun.

“I hope that you don’t harbor any thoughts on Jessica and stay away from her, she isn’t any woman that you can play,” Donghae warned.

“Why? Is she your woman? If not, why should I stay away from her? Besides, she is different from other woman I had,” Seunghyun coolly smiled and left, leaving the infuriated Donghae behind.

“Hae, what’s wrong?” Kibum approached him and pat on his shoulder.

“That Seunghyun is making a move on Jessica,” Donghae replied.

“Then, you should do something before he does,” Minho advised.

He gave him a confused stare. “You should woo Jessica,” he said.

“But – “

“We can see that Jessica is slowly taking a small part of your heart, you had fallen for her,” Kibum spelled out for him.

“It can’t be. We hardly know each other well and I don’t know what she thinks about me,” he had to admit that Kibum was right but yet he doesn’t want it to be noticeable. His heart is slowly warming up to her and that fate seemed to have always brought them together. But he wants to make sure that he is not making a wrong decision just yet. 

///

I just thought of adding Seunghyun into the picture for now :D

Jaesica shipper, Jaejoong will appear next (a little spoiler)