Dinner for two

The owner of my heart[Edit]

Jessica was not looking forward to tonight dinner. The said dinner was arranged by the chairman of the charity organization. It was supposed to be attended by Donghae, Seunghyun and she herself but Donghae had to travel overseas for a meeting in last minute notice. It was then left with her and Seunghyun, whom she felt relatively uncomfortable with.

A call came and it was Seunghyun. “Hey Gorgeous, I’ve reached.”

“Noted,” she replied and left her house to be greeted by the charming Seunghyun in his tuxedo.

Seunghyun was starstruck at how beautiful Jessica was as always in her long piece of evening gown. He was very excited about this dinner and he was secretly thanking god that Donghae wasn’t able to turn up and thus he can have all Jessica attention.

“This is for you, beautiful,” he gifted her the bouquet of flowers.

“Thank you,” she accepted with a short smile.

“Be careful with your dress,” he said as she entered the car.

He seated beside her with a wide gap in between them. It was an awkward silence and Seunghyun wondered when he ever felt nervous around women. He took a quick peek at Jessica who was looking out the window.

“Are you hungry?” he started off.

She turned and stared at him. “Not really,” and she diverted her attention to outside again.

“To be honest, I am looking very forward to tonight dinner and most importantly, dinner with you, are you?” he want to continue the talk with her.

“Um – I was hoping that this dinner will end early,” she smiled lightly.

“I am sad to hear that. I was hoping to spend more time with you,” he pouted for the first time. He was genuinely upset to hear it from her.

“Are you pouting?” she noticed and teased. She never had thought a cool man like him would pout.

“Can’t I pout?” he said, pouting.

She laughed again. “I love hearing you laugh, it was so angelic.”

She stopped her laughing and bit her lip. “I should pouts more often to see you laugh.”

He flashed his pout again and she cannot control herself, laughed at him again. Suddenly, the car jerked and they were slightly plunged forward.

“Are you ok?” he grabbed her shoulder and examined her.

“I’m fine,” she assured.

“Mr and Miss, are you fine?” the driver turned back to check.

“What happened?” he asked the driver.

“There’s a puppy dashed out from the road out of the sudden. I tried to avoid hitting on it,” the driver explained.

Seunghyun opened the door and went forward to check if the puppy is still there. Jessica followed him and observed how he felt so relieved when he check its body to find no injuries.

He the puppy with care and apologized to it. Jessica felt heart-warming to witness this side of him. She squatted to his level and the puppy as well.

“Luckily, the puppy isn’t hurt but I am afraid that it might got a scare, I want to bring him to the vet for a check-up,” he said.

“Sure, let’s bring it to the nearest vet,” she smiled.

“But the dinner – I think we will be late for the dinner, will it be fine?”

“I will call them up to inform them that we met with a situation and will be late,” she smiled.

They brought the puppy to the vet and will have to leave it under observation for a day.

“You going to keep the puppy?” she asked when they are on the way to the dinner.

“Yes,” he smiled.

“You love animals, aren’t you?”

“You can say so,” he shrugged with a charming smile. He was glad that the topic of animal made them engaged into continuous conversation.

She smiled back at him genuinely. Maybe he isn’t that bad after all and that he care for the animal means he has a kind heart. He made her change her view of him in a positive way.

Very soon, they arrived the restaurant when they walked in apologetic explaining the situation. The chairman was very understanding and praised them for their action. The dinner was ended with a happy note.

“Thank you for the dinner. It was great,” Jessica bowed and shook the chairman hand.

“It was very lovely dinner with both you and Mr. Choi. It was a pity though that Mr. Lee wasn’t able to make it,” the chairman expressed.

“Me too,” Jessica agreed.

After the chairman had left, Jessica turned back to him and asked if he want to grab a quick coffee. She thought that she was kind of rude earlier and she wants to make it up to him. Seunghyun was beyond than happy and he agreed without hesitation and grinned happily. This made Jessica chuckled at how happy he get to be because of a drink.  

“My treat, ok?” Jessica insisted when they settled down at a coffee club.

“Why that so?” he was puzzled at her change.

“I just feel like it. Don’t ask,” she replied casually.

Everything about her made him felt so attracted. She was indeed so much different from the typical materialistic women he had met. They only want gains on him and nothing more. He smiled knowingly at her and gazed at her.

“Is there anything on my face?” she arched her brow when she noticed him staring at her for a minute.

“You are beautiful inside out,” he complimented.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I know that I am.” She laughed.

“Is this consider a date then?” he winked.

“No, it was just merely a coffee between friends.”

“So we are friends now?” he blinked.

“You don’t want to?”

“Of course I do! Status always begin from friends to lovers,” he was so confident.

Jessica was too tired of telling him that it was a wishful thinking. She knows clearly that it was impossible to develop this friendship to relationship.

“Sorry, I will take this call,” she excused herself to a corner.

“Hi Jessica, How was the dinner?” It was Donghae. She was happy that he called.

“Hi Donghae, the dinner was good. It would be great that you could join us,” she told.

“I’m sorry that I couldn’t join you. Did Seunghyun disturb you?”

She laughed. “No, he was well behaved.”

“I am glad to hear that. So what are you doing?”

“I am having coffee with Seunghyun now,” she replied, feeling slight unreasoned guilt.

“I see,” his tone seemed to had changed.

Before Jessica wants to ask what he is doing, he cut in, “I shall not disturb you then. Goodbye.”

“Uh – ok goodbye,” the phone call was ended already.

“Who was it?” Seunghyun asked.

“It was Donghae,” she smiled.

“Oh,” he tried not to express his jealously.

Seunghyun then send her back home after the coffee. “Can I come with you tomorrow to the vet?” Jessica asked.

A grin replaced his earlier frown. “You want to come?”

“Yes, I do. I have no schedule tomorrow and I want to see the puppy too.” She smiled.

Seunghyun walked her to the door and was reluctant to leave. “I will see you tomorrow.”

“Sure, good night.” She smiled brightly at him and entered her house.