5 minutes

The owner of my heart[Edit]

Jessica quietly followed him to a café a distance away from her house. The walk to the café was awkward and weird. Upon reaching, she realized it was the café they frequented in the past. It contained many of their sweet memories; it was where they came for their first date, birthdays and anniversary.

Why did he even choose here?

She dragged her feet slowly to the café. Ever since their unofficial break up, she had never visited this café anymore. He turned back with another familiar charming smile at her. “Remember here?” he asked.

Did he bring her here intentionally to remind her of those good old times they had and then he in turn stabbed her heart? She nodded slowly with no expression shown.

An ahjumma immediately rushed to Jessica side and squeaked with excitement, “Oh dear, is it really you guys, Sica and Joongie?” it was their pet name from the Ahjumma. “Why did you guys disappear out of a sudden? I’d missed you,” and hugged her tightly. Jessica held her tears, she missed her too.

She and Jaejoong treated her like their own grandmother. And she knows how much the granny love them like her own and noticing that she had aged, a sudden guilt surfaced in her heart. She was sorry for not having the courage to visit her.

“Granny,” Jaejoong hugged her dearly. “I miss you too.”

“Come in,” granny ushered them in to their usual table they always had at the far corner where it was quiet from the crowd and cozy as well.

“Are you guys married?” granny asked delightfully.

Jessica was relatively shocked as her body stiffens. “Ani, we are still young.”

Granny eyes gleamed. “Remember to invite old granny to your wedding.” She left to prepare drinks for them. The café was quiet today, there were fewer crowds too.

She did not inform granny that they broke up and Jaejoong was smiling inside knowing that she did not dismiss the idea of them getting married.

Just then, granny returned back with their favorite drink which she still remembered. Jessica hadn’t had it for two years and she missed the fragrance of it. She quickly took the cup and sipped. She placed the cup down and looked up at him. “You only have –” she stopped before continuing, “3 minutes left considering we took minutes to get here.”

She avoided his immense gaze and waited for him to speak.

“Well. Thank you for your time. I know you probably wouldn’t want to see me but you still give me a chance to talk to you,” he started. “I just want to clear things out between us.”

“What’s the need to clear thing now? We don’t have any issue with each other, do we?” she scoffed at him. After a freaking two years, he decided to come back and clear things.

“Jess, listen,” his tone slightly demanding and then softened. “I am truly sorry for what I did back then. I know I hurt you badly.”

Yeah right. You hurt me real bad. You made me lose faith in men. Despite men wooing me, I rejected them because I was so afraid that I will hurt again. She wished she would say it out loud to him.

He took her hand but she removed her hand away. “I would like to ask you for your forgiveness,” he looked at her with his pleading eyes. “Will you forgive me?”

She actually had forgiven him because she is not someone who hold grudge for too long and besides, she had mature over the years. But seeing him again, her heart speaks otherwise. It was like all those unhappy memories flashing fresh in her mind. She just felt angry and sad upon seeing him. Everything was too sudden for her. He just appeared and asked for her forgiveness. She wished she had the courage to ask him what happened back then, why did he have to hurt her. But it was all the past and knowing the truth will hurt her even more.

After a while when her heart and mind calm down and thought through, she took another sip of the coffee and decided, “I forgive you.” She was so gracious. What past is past but definitely there are walls built between them.  

Jaejoong eyes sparkled with delight, “Thank You Jess. It meant so much to me.”

“5 minutes is up, I got to go. Thanks for your drink,” Jessica rose from her seat. He had her forgiveness and there is nothing much to talk between them anymore.

“Jess, we are still friends right?” Jaejoong asked.

She said nothing but just flashed a quick smile like everything’s back to normal. “Sure.” She waved goodbye to granny and left the café.

Jaejoong was relief and happy knowing she had forgave him. He knew he took so long but he only just returned back to Seoul a few days ago and he wants to make amends to her. When he first saw her again, she was different. She became more beautiful, grown up and wise. She seemed so much confidence as well.

“Jess, this time I will not let you go.” He promised.