You and him

The owner of my heart[Edit]

Jessica immediately felt her bones sore after a whole day of activities. She withdraw her phone out from her bag and check her messages. There aren’t many but definitely one of the sender caught her attention.

It was from Jaejoong. There were 3 messages and 2 missed calls from him.

Pretty Sica, I’m glad that you received and like the flowers.

Are you free later? Shall we meet up for dinner tonight? I will pick you up at 7pm at your house.

She checked the time now – 9.30pm

2 missed calls.

Sica, are you alright? You make me worry. Please call me back. I’m at your front door of your house and it seemed like you are not at home.

She read the last message which was sent half an hour ago. She gasped at how long he must have waited for her.

She dialed his number and he answered just one ring. ‘Sica ah, are you okay?’  His voice is full of worries.

‘Hi Jaejoong, I am okay. Sorry I had schedule earlier and it just ended. I am on my way back. You still there?’

She heard his sigh of relief. ‘I’m still here. I will wait for you.’

She wanted to tell him that he don’t have to but she felt apologetic for keeping him waited for hours. ‘I will reach in about 5 minutes.’

‘Thanks oppa, good night,’ Benson dropped her at her doorstep.

She saw Jaejoong leaning against the wall and approached him. He seemed tired but he still managed to keep a charming smile for her. ‘I am really sorry for keeping you waiting.’

‘You don’t have to. I am willing to wait no matter how long it takes,’ he murmured the last few words.  

‘Why don’t you come in first? I will prepare some food,’ she offered.

He was more than happy that she invited him to her house. ‘Sure.’

‘Make yourself comfortable while I prepare some light food,’ she put on her apron and opened the fridge to see what she can come up with. He observed her house and noticed that she did some refurnish, the living room is clean, tidy and simple. It felt cozy with her presence.

Luckily, there are some ingredients stocked up. ‘Let me help you,’ he approached her.

‘No, you just sit down and it will be ready in a while,’ she smiled.

‘It reminded me of our past when you used to insist on cooking while me waiting. You’ve never change,’ he let out a soft chuckle.

Her body stiffed as he made the statement. ‘I’ve changed. We all had,’ she told.

‘It was all about me. It’s mine mistake,’ he muttered under his breathe but she heard him.

‘What’s past is the past, we have all move on,’ she gave a small smile. She doesn’t want to discuss about the past with him.

‘Yeah, you are right,’ he sighed.

He watched from behind as she prepared a simple fried rice. She could sense an intensity stare bore into her back but she refrained herself from turning back.

‘Ready,’ she chirped as she placed two plates on the table.

‘Your specialty,’ he smiled. He remembered how she started with a bland fried rice and slowly it became so tasty that he was addicted to it. He missed her fried rice so much and never had he thought he would have the chance to taste it again.

‘So what have you been doing?’ she was curious. He seemed to be very free.

‘Nothing much, I am helping my friend out in a music studio now,’ he answered.

‘I see,’ she placed a mouthful of rice into .

‘You have realized your dream and I felt happy for you,’ he was proud of her.

They chatted briefly about their life till the dinner ended. ‘Thanks for the dinner. It was really good.’

She see him at the doorstep. He was reluctant to leave yet. ‘So we can still meet up for dinner often?’ he asked.

‘If my schedule allows,’ she replied. ‘By the way, Jae, you don’t have to waste money on flowers to me in future,’ she hinted him indirectly to tell him that no matter how much he do for her, they won’t go back like in the past.

He gave a sad smile and left. I have not much time left.

Jessica plopped herself on the sofa and stretched her arms. She was exhausted but thankful that she doesn’t have schedule tomorrow at last. Her phone rang and she was surprised by the caller.

It was Donghae. Her mood suddenly lifted up.

‘Are you asleep?’ he checked.

‘Not yet, why did you call?’ she asked.

There was a short pause. ‘I just want to hear your voice,’ her hair stands.

Not knowing what to reply and his voice cut in awkwardly, ‘You performed well earlier. I was totally amazed.’ He diverted her attention.

‘Thank you,’ she felt her cheek heated up.

‘Do you have schedule tomorrow?’

‘No, why?’ her heart was beating a little quicker. Is he going to ask me for a date?

Yes he is.

‘Can you be my date tomorrow?’