The Ride Back

The owner of my heart[Edit]

“I had made a reservation at a Japanese restaurant. Is it to your liking?” Donghae appeared next to Jessica who was with Yoona and Yuri with a smile formed on his face, asked her specifically.

Yoona and Yuri eyed both of them tease fully. “Why didn’t you ask if it is to our liking?”

Donghae scratched his head with embarrassment.

“It is good, we like Japanese cuisine,” Jessica elbowed at the duos with disapproval eyes and then returned a friendly smile back to him.

“Mr Lee, the car’s ready,” his chauffeur in his thirties informed.

The ride to the restaurant is about 10 minutes and the ladies were seated in front of the men. Kibum who seated behind Yoona kept on disturbing her by playing her brunette hair. Yoona turned back and pouted cutely with her ageyo voice. “Oppa, stop it.”

Kibum heart skipped a beat, “You are too cute.” Yoona face immediately reddened at his comment.

Jessica and Yuri both shifted their amuse gaze at Yoona. They both know that Yoona only show her ageyo to man who she is interested at. She must have developed a liking for Kibum and that it was really fast though.

Whereas, Donghae and Minho both shook their head at how childish Kibum is. They know that Kibum was disturbing her to attract her attention.

Just then, a loud beep sounded on Jessica phone. There was an incoming message popped up. She opened and read “Jess, hope you had a good day – Joong” It was from Jaejoong.

“Nugu?” Yuri who seated next to Jessica asked.

Jessica quickly slipped in her phone into her bag and lied, “It’s Oppa. He texted me to remind me that tomorrow I have a schedule in the morning.”

Yuri nodded without any suspicious. Shortly, they reached the restaurant. They were brought to exclusive VVIP room with personal chef preparing dishes right next to them.

The ladies all thought how rich Donghae was. It was no wonder since he’s the chairman of the Lees’ Enterprise.

Yoona and Kibum continued their chattering and bickering while Minho and Yuri had their own fair share of silly jokes. On the other hand, Jessica and Donghae were the quiet ones. They only exchanged a few words and he will pick some food and placed in her plate.

“I think Yoona must have fallen for Kibum shi,” Jessica arched herself forward to Donghae who was seated opposite her, whispered in a low tone.

He chuckled. “I think the feelings are mutual. I guess this is what they called - love at first sight, Kibum is a good man.”

“Yoona is a really nice girl,” Jessica said.

He offered a glass of wine to her and together they clanked their glasses. “Thank you for the dinner.”

“A big toast to our first working together experience,” Kibum raised his glass of wine as well as the rest who followed suit, clanked their glasses together.
 

***

“Unnie, I will be taking Kibum car back,” Yoona told with a slight blush on her fair milky skin as she threw a sweet shy sideway smile at him. It was after dinner and their individual cars were already in front of the restaurant.

“I offered Yuri a ride back home,” Minho quickly added.

“What about –”Yuri was about to ask about Jessica until Donghae offered Jessica to take his car.

“I will send Jessica shi back,” Donghae said.

“Alright,” Yuri hugged Jessica as the latter whispered to her cheekily, “This is a chance.”

“What chance?” Jessica was bewildered.

“You know,” Yuri playfully teased and then entered Minho car. Jessica was left puzzled.

“Mr Lee, your car is ready,” his chauffeur informed.

“Noted. You can leave now, thanks,” Donghae told.

“Let me,” Donghae opened the car door for her.

“It’s a different car,” she commented noticeably, the last time he drove her back home was a BMW but today’s a convertible two seated sports car. 

He humbly replied, “Yes.”

“How many do you own?” she asked with curiosity.

“Not much, a few only,” he replied with a smile. He actually owned many various brand of cars.

“Want to get some rest first?” Donghae noticed how tired she is as she yawned.

She quickly covered in embarrassment and hesitated. “Don’t worry, I won’t kidnap you,” he laughed.

“That’s not what I thought but it is rude of me to sleep in your car when you are driving me back,” she looked into his eyes.

“Don’t worry about me, just get some rest. I will wake you up once you’re home,” he assured her.

Jessica smiled at his thoughtfulness as she adjusted herself comfortably on the seat with her eyes closed. Slowly, she drifted into sleep. He lowered the volume of the radio and higher the air-con temperature as he drove to her house. He even removed his coat and covered her.

Strangely, he somehow enjoyed these silence between them. He will occasionally glanced at her and watched her sleeping so ever peacefully made him pleased.

Finally, they reached her home. He gently nudged her shoulder attempting to wake her up but she did not stirred at all. He neared her and tried again, “Jessica shi, you’re home.”

He can’t help but to notice how she parted her lip slightly is encouraging him to steal a peck from her. It is not right for him to harbor any thoughts like this. He dismissed it and when he is about to try to wake her up again, her eyes slowly opened and he arched back instantly.

She sat up and looked around at the surrounding, recognized they were at her house. “Oh. Sorry I fell into deep slumber,” she mumbled as she unbuckled the strap. It was then she realized his coat was on her, a smile formed again in her delicate face.

He gentlemanly opened the car door for her to exit. “Thank you for the ride home and your coat.” She passed it back to him.

“Good night Jessica shi. Have a good rest.” He walked her to her doorstep.

“Good night Donghae-shi, drive home safety.”

He nodded as he made his reluctant feet moved to his car and started his engine while Jessica not forgetting to give him a sweet smile as she bended forward, waved him goodbye and then watched him drove off.

He’s actually a sweet, thoughtful and nice man.