Those feelings

The owner of my heart[Edit]

Donghae was back in his office after a morning meeting. He massaged his temple and rested his neck against the head rest. A while later, he withdrew his wallet from the first drawer and his face formed a sweet smile as he sees the photo of him and Jessica which was taken during her birthday.

He had ever since kept this photo in his wallet and inserted into the slot of it and whenever he feels exhausted or think of her, he will look at it. His finger traced along her face, he miss her. They hadn’t seen each other for 4 days already as they are both busying with individual work.

He did drove to her house for the past few nights but didn’t have the courage to ask her out again especially that night he planted a kiss on her forehead. He remembered vividly how his heart was pounding furiously against his chest when his lip touched her. Also, how her cheek turned into shades of red and entered the house without taking second glances back at him. For that moment of time, he felt like he had busted out with his stupid action.

Contra to it, Jessica had sent him a good night text later that night and he was smiling inside. He wanted to explain his action to her but decided not to in the end. He prefer them to be comfortable this way. They exchanged brief messages over the phone asking about each other day.

Donghae was too absorbed in thinking of Jessica that he hadn’t realized Minho was standing in front of him with his arm crossed, staring at him with amusement. He only realized Minho presence when the latter suddenly snatched the wallet from him.

‘Yah Minho, give it back!’ he raised his voice slightly.

He took a quick glance at what made Donghae lost in his thoughts. ‘Hae, I didn’t know you are a ert!’

‘I am not a ert!’ he clarified as he grabbed the wallet back and kept it inside the drawer.

‘Admit it,’ Minho smirked.

‘Admit what?’ he acted confused.

‘That you had fallen for Jessica,’ he grinned.

A minute of silence. Donghae thought to himself that days without seeing her really made him upset and he missed her terribly. These were some signs enough to prove to himself that he had feelings for her.

‘I think I like her,’ he admitted at last.

‘Scrap the ‘I think’, Minho confirmed his word. ‘You like her.’ He was genuinely happy that Donghae had finally move on from Sunye.

‘So have you confessed to her yet?’

He answered no. ‘I don’t know how she felt about me and I don’t want to ruin this friendship of ours with me being one sided love.’

‘What are you going to do then?’

‘I don’t know either. I will take one step at a time.’

Minho just received a text from Yuri.

Your one step is Seunghyun three steps in advance. It’s time for us to help. He thought to himself.

In the meanwhile, Jessica was with Yuri at the studio preparing for a photoshoot when Benson walked in with a huge bouquet of roses and passed it to Jessica.

‘This is the consecutive four days Mr. Choi had been sending you flowers. I guess he might really take interest in you,’ Benson said.

‘He is a classic romantic,’ Yuri squealed.

‘Aish, he really don’t know how to stop,’ Jessica muttered under her breathe. She had clearly texted him asking him not to send her flower but he is still persistent.

‘Hey Gorgeous,’ Seunghyun sounded happy as he answered the call from Jessica and continued, ‘I didn’t expect a call from you and you made my day. Do you like the flowers?’

‘Mr. Choi. I had received the flowers and I will accept it for the last time. I remembered I had told you not to waste it on someone like me, I am not worth your time. So please give it to some other woman who will instead appreciate it,’ she said amicably.

He was slightly hurt by her words. No woman had said that to him before. Women that received his flowers were more than happy to receive it every day. However, Jessica was different.  

‘You are so special that made me like you even much more,’ he said.

Seunghyun cannot see how she rolled her eyes on the other side. ‘I am not the type you like. Trust me.’

‘I trust my heart and my heart tells me is you that I like,’ Seunghyun confidently said. ‘I will make you change your view on me.’

She was tired of arguing with him. ‘I got to go.’ She hung up the phone.

‘I don’t think he will give up on you,’ Yuri said after hearing their conversation. She texted Minho informing him that Seunghyun had already made his move.

Jessica sighed. ‘Anyway, I hadn’t seen you going out with Donghae after the function,’ Yuri changed the topic.

‘He didn’t ask me out either, we are both busy’ she replied.

‘You seemed disappointed,’ Yuri observed.

‘Why would I?’ she laughed.

‘Do you like him?’ Yuri asked when she received a reply from Minho telling her that Donghae like Jessica but he don’t know how she felt.

Her question had caught her in surprise. ‘I don’t know.’ She is unsure about her feelings. But she knows that her heart fluttered when he kissed her.

By observing her reaction, Yuri could tell that Jessica have a little feeling for him. ‘I will make you realized you real feeling,’ she thought to herself.

***

Another quick chapter.