The function date (1)

The owner of my heart[Edit]

The morning sun rose and hung brightly above the sky. It stayed its position for hours and it’s about time for it to descend. Underneath the covers laid the sleeping beauty deeply and soundly asleep. Jessica is seen stirring in her sleep when her phone ringtone sounded loudly. She pouted with her eyes still closed and rolled her body to her left where her phone was placed.

“Yoboseyo,” she answered the call lazily.

“Jessica!” the voice from the other line sounded anxious.  “Please don’t tell me you are still on bed.”

“Umm,” she let out cheeky chuckles.

“I knew it! I had been trying to reach you for hours.”

“What happened, Yul?”

“Please don’t tell me you forgotten todays’ plan!” Yuri screamed.

It got Jessica a moment to think before she gasped loudly. “What time is it now?!”

“It’s going 4pm right now,” Yuri replied.

Jessica immediately shoots up from her bed and threw her phone to the bed, ignoring Yuri who was on the other line. She dashed to her bathroom and took a quick shower. The clock is slowly ticking away.

She wined as she ransacked her walk in closet for a piece of dress. At last, she had decided on an off shoulder black lacy dress. She hurried with her curls and applied make up. She dispensed the perfume and the doorbell rang just timely. She felt the nervousness heightened with her hand on the door knob.

Finally, she twisted open the door knob and she gulped as she saw Donghae wearing a suit which is oh so charming and he smiled at her. “Hi Jessica shi.”

“Hi Donghae shi,” she greeted back.

“Ready to set off?” he asked as his eyes fixated at her.

“Yes, I will go grab my purse first, want come in first?” she turned back to her room.

Donghae slipped off his shoe and entered the house. To be honest, he was star struck by Jessica; she is like a fairy which had descended to earth.

“Want some tea or coffee?” her voice brings him back to sense.

“It’s fine,” he said.

“Shall we go then?” she asked.

As they made their way to his car, he complimented her beauty which caused blush on her cheek. She complimented him as well for being so good looking. They smiled sweetly at each other as he opened the door car for her.  

Not knowing that Jaejoong was happily holding on a bouquet of flowers making his way towards Jessica house when he witnessed her going into a man car. His heart clenched with pain as he watched the car drove off. The bouquet of flowers dropped from his hand to the ground.

Did you find a good man already? He picked up the bouquet and placed it in front of her door and then left. His heart suddenly felt a sharp pain as he gripped on it.

“I am curious on why you ask me to be your date, don’t you have a girlfriend?” she asked while he was driving.

“I do not have a girlfriend, I am single and available,” he laughed and admitted in a serious tone, “You are the one who first came up in my mind.”

Her cheek flushed. “I am honored.”   

“Do you have a boyfriend then?” he realized he hadn’t confirmed her relationship status.

“I am single and available too,” she chuckled. “I wondered why you are single; you are good looking, rich and nice man. Surely, there are many women wants your attention.”

His lip pursed into a thin line. “My first love broke up with me few months ago.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, it will be her loss,” she comforted. “What’s the reason?”

A silence formed. “I’m sorry if I had asked a sensitive question.”

“She fell in love with someone else and they both eloped to the states.”

Jessica understood how he felt because she experienced the same situation as him. It must be hard and depressing.

“So are you still thinking of her?”

He thought for a moment. He realized that Sunye image doesn’t run through his mind ever since he met Jessica. “No, I had moved on.”

“Your story is somehow similar as mine,” she trailed off.

“How so?” he gazed at her as they stopped at the red traffic light.

“Do you remember the man who you saved me from in the club?” he nodded.

He listened attentively as she shared her story with Jaejoong. “He’s my first love in high school. I thought he was the one that will be with me till the end until one day I found out and witnessed right in front of my eyes that he cheated on me with another girl on bed. It really hurt me badly that I remained single over the years.”

Now he finally understands why. “Now he’s back because he wanted to start afresh with you?”

“He asked for my forgiveness. I forgave him because I had moved on too. But that doesn’t mean that I will start afresh with him because I won’t let myself going back to the man who betrayed me,” now that she told her story to Donghae, the fact struck hard on her face that Jaejoong and her could only remained within friend boundary.

He admired her straightforward and secretly feeling happy that Jaejoong was merely now a friend to her, nothing more.  To both of them, they learnt something on each other past.

Without knowing, they had reached the function area. Jessica put her hand around Donghae semi-circle arm as they walked in. The function was held to celebrate its 50 years legacy of Lees’ Enterprise.

“Just stay with me,” he requested with a smile.

She let go her hand and approached gleefully when she spotted Yuri and Yoona. They were both accompanied by Minho and Kibum.

“Hi Minho, Kibum shi,” Jessica greeted.

“You should call us Oppa,” Minho stated.

“Uh – “she shifted her eyes at Yuri and Yoona who nodded their head, smiling.

“Oppas’,” she addressed.

“Sica ah,” Yuri pulled her aside followed by Yoona.

“Yul, thank goodness you’d called if not I will definitely overslept,” Jessica started.

“You are best known for sleepy princess as well, luckily you did made it on time,” Yoona giggled.

“I see that both of you are getting closer to Minho and Kibum; is there something I have not known yet?” she eyed them suspiciously.

“Nothing could escape from your eyes,” Yuri surrendered. “We have made our feelings known for each other but we are not dating yet, we are starting to know each other well first,” she emphasized.

“Me too,” Yoona admitted.

Jessica widened her eyes and surprised at how fast their progress were but she was really happy to know that because she believed they would make a great pair. “Geez!” Jessica squealed. “I knew it! I hope for the best for you two.” They held each other hand.

“Anything wrong?” Donghae approached the ladies with Minho and Kibum behind him to check the girls out.

“Oh! Nothing Donghae shi,” Jessica turned back.

“Well, sorry ladies, I will have to excuse Jessica shi for a moment,” Donghae smiled.

“Sure, please,” Yuri gently pushed Jessica forward to him.

“Thank you, see you all around later,” Donghae invited her arm for her. The rest were shocked to hear them still calling each other formally.

Yuri and Yoona joined the men back as they watched Donghae and Jessica back. “How I wish both of them could be together too so we can go on triple date soon,” Yoona mumbled.

“They looked so matching perfect together,” Yuri added.

“Maybe we should match made them together. Donghae is very shy and he doesn’t really express his feelings well,” Kibum suggested.

“I think it’s a great idea!” Minho cheered.

Yuri and Yoona were both pleased and welcoming the suggestion. “It’s time for Jessica to be in a serious relationship.”