Charlie

The owner of my heart[Edit]

Seunghyun was all in smiles when he was waiting outside Jessica apartment. He had arranged to pick her up in the morning for a breakfast before going to the vet together. All the thoughts of spending time with her made his mood joyous.

“Hi Mr. Choi,” Jessica greeted. She realized he looked different. He was simply dressed in a T-shirt and Bermuda’s and he’s wearing a nerdy spectacle. He seemed much more carefree and boyish.

Jessica shined in his pair of eyes. He had always seen her in dresses but now he see her in white blouse with a matching jeans and her hair braided to a side, minimal make up yet she still looked so refreshing and pretty too.

“Hi Gorgeous,” he smiled.

“Stop calling me Gorgeous, I’ve a name, Mr. Choi,” she half rolled her eyes.

“I’ve got a name too, Gorgeous,” he smirked.

“Fair enough,” she let out a soft laugh. “Seunghyun right.”

“Gorgeous Jessica,” he gave a triumph smile.

“Minus the Gorgeous, just Jessica,” she stated.

“Shall we get going? What would you like to have?” Seunghyun asked.

“I want to have a light breakfast, maybe just sandwich and coffee?” she replied. “There’s a nearby eatery shop which served best breakfast. I will bring you.”

“Does this consider an official first date?” Seunghyun asked excitedly as they walked side by side.

She squinted her eyes and firmly replied, “No.”

He just smiled and continued with her pace. After the breakfast recommended by her, they proceeded to the vet and pick up the puppy.

“Ah it’s so cute. I think it remember you,” Jessica squealed as she noticed the puppy started jumping and wagging its tail upon seeing Seunghyun. “It like you.”

“It is a female or male?” She asked when Seunghyun carried it and checked its gender.

“It’s a he,” he confirmed.

“Have you thought of name for him?” Jessica pet it lovingly.

“Charlie,” Seunghyun said.

“Charlie, your name now is Charlie. You are so cute and obedient. He’s your new owner now. You must be lucky to meet him. Now you have someone to care and love you,” Jessica said to Charlie, smiling.

Seunghyun find Jessica cute when she talked to Charlie. She must love animals as well given how she interacted with Charlie. Jessica carried Charlie and pet him while Seunghyun settle the medical bill.

“We need to buy him a house, basic necessities and food,” Jessica said.

Seunghyun smiled at her thoughtfulness and secretly thanked Charlie for bringing them closer. They chose and bought all that needed. It was Jessica first time to Seunghyun house. She was surprised that he live alone in such a big apartment.

“Make yourself comfortable,” he said as he started assemble the house for Charlie.

“Charlie, from today onwards, this is your home,” Jessica informed.

“Do you have experience in taking care of dog?”

“I have a dog in the past. He passed on with an incurable disease. I feel like it was an affinity between me and Charlie.”

She smiled. “It must be.”

She prepared a bowl of treats for Charlie and let him on his own. “Anything that I can help?”

“Just sit down and relax. It’s almost done,” he smiled.

She sat on the cosy sofa and observed the surrounding. She looked at his family portrait of 4. His parents, his sister Sulli and himself looking smartly in his graduation gown. The house is simple, tidy and neat.

Her phone rang. “Joong?”

“Hi Jess, are you free now? Can I see you?” Jaejoong asked. Come to think about it, Jessica realized that Jaejoong seemed to had disappeared for the past few days.

“Now?” she asked.

“Yes now,” he said.

“Where?”

“The dessert house near your house?”

“I will see you in twenties minute time,” she checked the time.

“You got to go?” Seunghyun overheard her conversation.

“Yes, I am meeting a friend of mine,” she stood up.

“Where is it? I will bring you,” he stood up as well.

“I can go by myself. Don’t trouble yourself and you have Charlie you need to take care now,” she assured with a smile.

“Ok then,” he seemed disappointed. He thought that he could whip up lunch for her and spend longer time with her.

“Bye Charlie. Be a good boy,” she kiss him goodbye.

“I’m so jealous,” Seunghyun pouted and she stared at him blankly.

“My Charlie received a kiss from the woman I like,” he continued.

She ignored his remark and waved him goodbye and left.

“Joong,” she took a seat across him.

“Jess,” he was happy to see her.

“What is it you want to meet me?” she inquired.

“I just want to see you,” he replied honestly.

Jessica bit her lip and shifted her gaze downwards. Sipping her coffee and looked at him again, he had been staring intently at her.

“Your face seemed pale,” she noticed. “Are you ok?”

He gave a small smile. “I am fine.”

“Are you busy lately?” she asked.

“Yes, I am busy these days. Another purpose of this meet up is that I want to inform you I will be away from Seoul for few weeks,” he told.

“Where are you going?”

“The states but I will be back once I settled my things,” he promised. Although given the status of their relationship, he is not oblige to inform her or that she is interested to know, he felt like it was his responsibility. He did not want her to think he suddenly disappeared.

“I see, when you are leaving?” her voice was low.

 “Tomorrow morning,” he said.

She did not probe further and nodded. “Bon voyage.”

“Jess,” he suddenly grabbed her wrist which was on the table.

She flinched but did not removed her wrist. “Make sure you take good care of yourself and miss me, ok?”

She was speechless and removed her wrist away from his grip. “I will take care of myself. You too take care of yourself.”

Jaejoong was hurt but it was understandable for her reaction given their circumstances.

***

Sorry for Donghae absence. He will be appearing next :)