Park

The owner of my heart[Edit]

He stood dumbfound as he watched Jessica being taken away from him by another man. Was he her boyfriend? He thought sadly. Did I lose you already when I only just found you, Jess?  

As per her request, he took her to a park which is nearby the club. They then sat on one of the benches with their hands still interlacing. Donghae noticed Jessica eyes were filled with unshed tears and he wondered who that man was earlier.

“Are you alright?” he asked with much concern. Then, bead of tears rolled down Jessica cheek and sobbed softly. Donghae panicked and mentally scolded himself for worsening the tense situation.

He let go their hand and searched his pockets for handkerchief, it wasn’t with him. What he did next was so un-expecting though; he lifted her face up and used his thumb to wipe off her falling tears gently. He pulled her body to lean against him, hugged her and shushed her.

Jessica was startled by his actions but she did not reject it, instead she hugged him back and sobbed even harder. She felt the warmth, the ease of her heart in his embrace. They did not realize that someone is in the area and secretly snapped a few shots of them hugging. The someone then walked off with a grin in his face.

After several minutes later, Jessica felt so much better after the cry and especially the comforting hug. She felt her cheek getting warmer and immediately released her hug, turned her body back facing him. “I’m sorry.”  

He decided to move a little forward to her side to make sure she is alright. Just then, Jessica turned and they looked deeply into each other eyes.

“Are you fine?” he asked again as he averted his gaze.

“Better, thanks for your help,” her voice was low but audible.

“Who was that man?” he inquired, curious though. That man was taller than him, lean and have a pretty face, he observed.

“Sorry but can we don’t talk about him?” she requested with pain.

“Ok,” he wondered what her relationship with that man is. They sat silently on the bench.

She felt a tinge of cold breeze brushed through her skin as she wore only a piece of dress. She rubbed her arms and Donghae seemed to have noticed it as he took off his coat and covered her.

She looked at him, “Aren’t you cold?”

He shook his head. “You need it more than me.”

Again, she was thankful for his kindness. She thanked him softly as she enveloped herself with his coat.

Suddenly, she gasped.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

She looked at him apologetically, “Your coat was stained with my make up.” The coat was white and there were stains of red and black on it on it shoulder part.

He expressed his horror. This coat was precious to him; it was Sunye first gift for him. She bit her lips, feeling sorry and guilty after watching his expression. It must be very expensive coat. “I’m really sorry about it. I will wash it to spotless clean and returned back to you.”

He ought to be angry at her but he can’t bring himself from being angry with her not after seeing how she flashed her pair of glistening innocent and sorry eyes at him. He remembered how he yelled angrily at Minho once when he took the coat to try on himself without his permission back then.

He finally breathed out, “Fine. Just get it clean.”

She let out a soft relief as she thought he might be angry with her. “Can you give me your phone number so I can call you once is ready to return you?”

He keyed in his number to her phone and said, “It’s late. We should go.”

Jessica doesn’t want to return back to the club as she was afraid to see him again. But then again, her bag, wallet was in the club. She can’t go back home.

“Donghae shi right?” she remembered his name. “Can I ask you a favor again?” she feels like she can trust him.

He gazed at her and nodded, wondered what her request is. “Can you send me home?” And he looked at her quizzically. “I don’t want to go back to the club and I had nothing with me,” she explained.

“Okay,” he agreed without hesitation. On the way back, Jessica was too tired and fell asleep in his car. He let out a soft chuckle when he tried to wake her up when they reached.

Her pouty lip which was slightly parted was so tempting. It reminded him of the peck she gave him just now. She suddenly fidgeted and opened her eyes, sat up and rubbed her eyes.

He retreated himself in split seconds, watched her actions and found it cute somehow. She doesn’t even care about her image in front of him even though she is a famous model. Her face though ruined by the smear from her make-up, she still look fabulous.

“Thank you for your help again. Also, sorry about your coat.” She gave a small smile.

“No problem,” he assured. He checked the time and it was 5 minutes to midnight. “Happy Birthday Jessica,” he remembered her name and wished her.

They both smiled.

“Good night, drive home safety.”