6 : c o l o u r s

D O R M I T O R Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ D O R M I T O R Y ]
6 : c o l o u r s

 

SEOKMIN’s PoV

“So should we just do Toxic?” Yuju asked me as she crossed her legs. It’s actually been a while since we sang together – last time was elementary school, it was the national anthem. It’s not that we don’t want to sing with each other – it just wasn’t allowed. In high school, there was no such thing as a co-ed show choir in high school. All we had there was an all-girls and an all-boys show choir, and they were rivals there, too, so we didn’t get the chance to do a duet. In our first year here in college, though, we were always up against the ultimate duet partners – Wheein and Dongho sunbaenims. They were the “crazy pair” and being with Yuju now kinda gives me the same greed. We both won solos last year, so I hope we get this duet. “Hey, Seokmin, you still with me?” I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her voice.

“Right, where were we?”

“I was suggesting Brittney’s Toxic.”

I nodded on her suggestion. “Well, Toxic isn’t bad.” I scrolled through the Spotify playlist. Right now, we’re in me and Mingyu’s room, since Mingyu’s out because his (secret) girlfriend got into a mess and Dawon, Yuju’s roomie, is asleep. “But should we do Zayn and Taylor Swift’s collab? That’s some legit dirty love.”

“That song doesn’t suit our voice. That kind of song suits Junhoe and Dawon.”

I agreed. Well, Dawon’s tone is insanely pretty. “Dawon’s tone suits many songs.”

She nodded and scrolled down, frowning. “This is such an ugly theme.” I chuckled. In reality, though, even though I and Yuju are quite close, among the four of us, I feel awkward with her the most. She’s nice but.. We’re awkward together. When me, Minghao, Mingyu and Yuju get out together, we would converse the least. Like, the only time I’d initiate a talk with her is when I ask her what her order is or if she wants water – we’ve been like that since first year of high school. Before that, we were cool though. I hope it doesn’t last like this, though. We’re going to have to show fake chemistry in the auditions if this keeps up.

“Losers.” A voice was heard from the door, so me and Yuju stood up to check who it was – Oh, who else would call his other show choir members “Losers” other than Junhoe? “In the lounge, now. There had been revisions for the Show Choir contest.” Me and Yuju looked at each other and shrugged as we followed Junhoe out. When we got there, apparently, we were the only left missing. Yuju and I pulled out bean bags, the others were already sitting on the couches. Jamie and some of the other kids are like, occupying the whole couch.

“So, what’s up, fellas? Why’d you have to call us out? I was preparing for my solo auditions.” Jungkook began asking. Well, now that neither I nor Yuju is going to audition for a solo, I think the chances for others got bigger, really. And Jungkook has a good tone, like Dawon. “I’m thinking of singing that one Justin Timberlake song.”

“y Back?” Dawon asked, yup, just the one we wanted to ask. And to that, he nodded as Eunha frowned.

“Ew, do you have any other better songs, Jungkook?” Eunha asked.

Jamie nodded to this, “You can do better than y Back, Jungkook.”

Junhoe clapped, getting everyone’s attentions. “Thank you, losers with attention span.”

“Oh, that includes you.” Yuju smirked with her sarcasm.

Junhoe just rolled his eyes and continued, “As I was saying, there are certain rules that were changed for this Winter Show Choir Sectionals. Cooper University was disqualified because apparently, a member got pregnant while preparing for the sectionals. Hopefully, that doesn’t happen to us because I don’t see any hormonal puberty-fied couples here, no offense, Luda-Jaehyun.”

“None taken.” Luda answered.

Junhoe nodded and continued. “Thus, some changers were done. Now, thanks to Cooper University and their romantic pregnancy rendezvous, we might have to perform four songs instead of three. A solo, a duet, and two group songs. Which means more chances of winning solos in a group number. And yeah, they changed the theme.”

Yuju and I looked at one another. Hey, somehow, this is a good thing because we have no song choice yet. “What’s the new theme, Junhoe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter