32 – C u l t u r e F e s t i v i t i e s

D O R M I T O R Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D O R M I T O R Y

32 – C u l t u r e   F e s t i v i t i e s

Yuju’s POV

I groaned as I watched Seokmin fill up papers to transfer in Political Science. My man skipped the mock trial for THIS and literally EVERYONE is looking forward to that show – I mean, EVERYONE. The hall runs out of tickets on the first day of selling. Seokmin must’ve lost it, really. I mean, Kyungwon had to sit in for him and he’s supposed to be a part of the jury! I’m not doubting Kyungwon in any way, she’s a queen by the way, but DUDE JUST HAD TO LET THE BIGGEST THING IN HIS LIFE SLIP. AND HE’S TRANSFERRING TO LAW!

“You don’t look so good, are you okay?” I snapped back to reality when I heard him talk to me. He and his calming voice, really. It’s another level of the things that I love.

I frowned. “You skipped on the mock trial.”

He chuckled a bit. “I have an exit exam today. I need to prepare for the summer term, too. So I’ll be good as someone who’ll watch this time around.” Last year, Seokmin was the lawyer for the plaintiff – the mock trial is cool in deciding who the lawyers and the judge will be. One lawyer will be the smartest freshman, one will be the best speaker among the seniors, and the judge will be the senior who’ll specialize in prosecution. And you know what, my man WON. And I’m proud of him for that. “And besides, we have nationals and the serenade thingy we have in show choir so I can’t study for the mock trial and practice those at the same time.” He looked me in the eyes and asked, “You understand me, right?”

I heaved a heavy sigh. “Yeah, I get you.”

He smiled widely before taking my hand into his. “Let’s go to practice, then.”

So we did head for practice – serenading. Practice’s being held in the auditorium, our club owns it during the culture festivals. In serenading, we’re being paired up with someone, when someone requests a song, one person will draw from the fish bowl. To my utmost luck, I was assigned to pair up with Jaehyun.

“Hello there, Jihyo-biased.” I snickered. “If CLYDE was a Kpop group, I’m sure you’d bias Jihyo.”

He rolled my eyes. “Good morning to you too, Yuju.” He yawned. “I can’t believe we’re doing this.”

“The serenading crap was a hit ever since the birth of this university, you must’ve had it coming, sis.” I whispered, trying to avoid being heard by Im Nayeon, but I’m sure she’s had the most complaints ever since the beginning. I heard she went to Mallenois Prep School during her high school days and I heard from my baby brother that they DID do that there and they still do it up to these days.

“Don’t you think –“

“Hey, Bangs Forever, Pretty Boy.” Oh, those are Nayeon’s nicknames for me and Jaehyun. She pulled up a ball – oh crap, that’s our ball. “Yeah, you guys are up first.” She motioned us to come closer and when we got there and saw who requested what song, my eyes went wide in annoyance.

“Is this for real?” I glanced at her and passed Jaehyun the paper.

Nayeon nodded. “I didn’t know that your brother was a serenade type.”

I groaned. Neither did I. Can you believe my brother wants me to serenade his girlfriend for him?

Oh right, did I mention that me and my brother aren’t at speaking terms right now because of me and Seokmin? Yep, looks like I have no choice.

Luda’s POV

The school’s greenhouse is the prettiest place in the entire campus. It’s about two-floors tall, it’s made of glass, and at the center is a café infused into the biggest tree on campus. This place is the go-to place for people who want some peace and quiet, like me, I guess. This place is well-ventilated and well-lit, since it IS made of glass.

“Hey.” I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice – Jung Sewoon, the guy from the dorm who’s well-loved because people thinks he’s innocent – I think not, though. He’s CLYDE and Thunder Fang altogether, CLYDE has their share of misdeeds while Thunder Fang… is Thunder Fang. “So, you’re in the mock trial?

Right, I’m actually here in the greenhouse because I came to study for the mock trial. I’m the witness to a ual assault-turned-corporate case, and I’m the first victim of the harasser. Either way, I gave Sewoon a nod. “Yes.”

“Right, Chanwoo wanted you to have this.” I raised a brow. Chanwoo’s our lawyer, he’s a freshman who I accidentally spilled drink on, good thing he decided not to have me pay for it. Sewoon passed me a folder. “Those are the necessary evidences needed for the trial this Friday, he wants you to know that those are all important, so read through it.” He took the seat in front of me. “You’re going to be working with CLYDE’s future lawyer, so I want you to know that he’s freaking meticulous.”

I raised a brow. “CLYDE’s?”

He nods. “CLYDE’s.” Sewoon smiled widely. “Oh, we’re cousins.”

“So that makes him Jaehyun’s cousin and Thunder Fang, too?”

“Yeah, technically.”

“Great, another Thunder Fang.”

He narrowed his eyes in confusion. “I think you should trust Chanwoo. Thunder Fang is the most female-friendly gang in the country and it’s all thanks to Aunt Clarissa. His mom is our city’s prosecutor for ual assault cases, he’s got the genes.”

I sighed. “After my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter