30 : T r u l y

D O R M I T O R Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ D O R M I T O R Y ]
30 : t r u l y

Eunwoo’s POV

Other than my exams, there’s something I need to finish, too. Well, other than the Yulhee issue, which was resolved as CLYDE has planned, there’s something else bothering me.

It’s the academic decathlon meet, which is three days after the finals.

Seokmin opted out of the meet because of his exit exams, leaving me and Dawon on standby because we can’t join unless we have a total of nine members. Sometimes, I can’t get this school. The Academic Decathlon is a club that’s solely for freshmen and sophomores, whereas the debate club is far more flexible, since they can get members from all levels.

Back to my member lineup dilemma.

Right now, I only have six members with me in the clubroom, and all of us are studying for the exams, too; me, Dawon, then the two freshmen, Yewon and Donghyun with their classmates, Yein and Gwanghyun. They seem close, I guess. The other freshmen are prohibited from joining because their finals are on the same day as the meet. Anyway, I need to find three more members. I wanted to ask Donghyuk but Debate won’t share him to us. He’s in the starting lineup so he can’t be shared. There are members that Debate can share to us, though, and I’d love to ask out some of my dorm members but um,

Let’s see whose shoe will fit.

I’ll immediately put my roommate, Han Gyujin, out of the equation. The guy can’t even last an hour into studying – trust me. He’s asleep in the room right now and he’s double-majoring.

Then we have Mingyu, who I’ll also count out. Mingyu is smart, but he’s not very opinionated. He’s a laissez faire. And besides, he’s in the Robotics Club, I heard he can’t count out of it since he’s the model architect and for a second-year, that’s not half-bad.

While Minghao’s smart and opinionated, plus he seems to like debate, he’s competing after the finals in the co-ed pep squad, then he pulled Sicheng into the pep squad so I have to count both of them out with all the other pep squad people.

Yugyeom, Jungkook, Taeyang, Hyunbin and Jaehyun are in the basketball team. Their captain asked me to make sure they’ll play so that’s goodbye, too. I’ll also include the show choir people, since Im Nayeon will do everything to make sure that they win nationals so that leaves me to…

… Bambam, Junyoung, Sewoon, Lisa, Binnie, Chaeyeon and Kyungwon.

I glanced at Dawon who’s memorizing formulas. “Dawon.” I called her out.

She took her eyes off her book to look at me. “Yes?”

I listed down all of the people who are probably not busy at the Decathlon Date and I passed it to her. “Who do you think we should ask?”

She closed her book shut, took the paper from me and glanced at the two freshmen who are also studying across the room. “Yewon, Donghyun, may I have a word with both of you?” The two freshmen walked to us and took the seat next to us. “So, about your two friends, what are their fortes?”

I know Yewon’s forte is social sciences and interview, and she’s in Political Science, so she’s a natural at that. Then we have Donghyun, whose forte is music, and he seems to know a lot. “Gwanghyun is good at Math.” Donghyun said.

“Yein’s a Fine Arts Major.” I nodded in acknowledgement and I glanced at Dawon.

“Then that crosses out social sciences, music, arts, and math.” She began listing out all of the subjects. “I am doing sciences, whereas Eunwoo’s doing super quiz and essay.” Dawon crossed her arms. “That leaves us to languages & literature, economics and speech.” Well, in a decathlon, we’re split up into two groups: the seven objective tests (Art, Economics, Language and Literature, Math, Music, Science and Social Science) and the three subjective events (Essay, Interview and Speech). Then the Super Quiz which is like the all of the above quiz. It’s like an exam. So now, we’re looking for someone who can do language & literature, economics and the speech parts.

 

Oh, wait.

“Chaeyeon was awarded a speaker award, wasn’t she?” I suggested and she seems to agree. “Is Kyungwon any good in economics? She’s rich.”

“Dear, Eunwoo, economic status isn’t a way to determine someone’s knowledge in economics.” She had her hand on her chin. “What about Bambam? Since his parents work for the Global Exchange, should we scout him?”

“I agree.” I took the paper from her and began listing people. “Chaeyeon’s in speech, Bambam’s in economics, who’s going to be in languages?”

I gulped as I realized that Kyungwon went to France to train for two years.

“Kyungwon.”

Eunha’s POV

“EUNHAA”

OH MY GOD!

“ing Kwon Hyunbin.” I cursed as he appeared in front of me in the dormitory’s lounge. “What in ing hell was that about?!”

“, language.” Solbin suddenly appeared from out of nowhere and I’m like, sis?! “And keep it down, people are studying, including me.” Then she disappeared to the East Wing. Terrific.

I shot Hyunbin a glare. “What was that about?!”

He beamed. Well, he’s too happy for his own good, isn’t he not? “I found someone to set you up with.” I narrowed my eyes. Is he serious? “What’s with the look, sis? I got you a date!”

“Thanks, but no thanks.”

“Come on, Eunha! I already managed to set you a date in Yuju’s restaurant!” He pouted. “I reserved it already, and it’s non-refundable.”

“It’s Yuju, anyway, just refund it.”

He scoffed. This brat, really. “I refuse!”

“Hyunbin!”

“Junyoung is a great guy, Eunha!” He began to reason. “He’s totally better than Jungkook.”

I crossed my arms and I put down my book for a sec. “Hyunbin, Jun’s not my type.”

“Everyone’s not your type except Jungkook, who are you fooling?”

“I don’t know, maybe myself.”

“Says the person who goes by Eunbi in Tinder.” I began to massage my temple. Oh, what on hell? I thought I’d get away with this when I use my real name, but damn! “Come on, if you can look for hot, older men on tinder, why not choose one who is close by?”

I groaned again. “Jun is not my type!”

“But you should at least try.” He stood up. “He’s in his room right now.”

“You can’t be serious.” I narrowed my eyes. “The room, really?”

He nodded. “I think he’s in pain.”

I sighed, faking sympathy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter