29 : E x a m s

D O R M I T O R Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ D O R M I T O R Y ]
29 : E x a m s

3rd Person’s POV

“ing engineering 02, I hate it so much!” Eunha, who was sitting in the library with Jamie and Jaehyun, her classmates in Engineering 02 class, ran her hands through her hair. “Like, how do these mechanics even work?!”

Jaehyun smirked. “This is why you should listen in class, Eunha.” He flipped on the next page before beginning to read. “Jamie, how do you do this question? Do I need to calculate the friction or do I go straight up and substitute the terms already?” Right now, the three kids are in the library, where everyone’s stressed as hell – it’s exam week. Everyone will straight-up get pissed when someone messes up with them. It includes Jamie who got into a fight with Yugyeom, who’s also in an engineering program with her, Jaehyun who accidentally snapped at Jihyo and Eunha who pissed Jiho off.

“You should get the friction with the normal force first.” Jamie explained. “What about resistance, Jaehyun?”

Jaehyun flipped to the next page without glancing at Jamie. “Here, you should just divide the square of voltage to power.”

“What’s with you guys and why are you all snapping at your significant others?” Junyoung sat next to Jaehyun so the three all shot him a glare. “What’s with the stare?!”

“Engineering only.” Jamie snapped, once again, making Junyoung stand up and cower in fear as he left the table with his coffee.

Dawon and Minghao also passed through their table and Minghao placed three cups of coffee on their table. “Are you going to continue snapping at other people while you three are studying?” Minghao said before sitting down next to Jaehyun and Dawon sat next to Jamie. Minghao glanced at Eunha. “So, I heard you got mad at Jungkook.”

“And Jiho.” Jaehyun corrected him while imputing values in his calculator. “Eunha, don’t forget to put the negative sign, you’ll get the wrong value, and you’ll get that value you keep getting.”

Eunha noticed what she got wrong and nodded. “Oh!” She smiled at Jaehyun. “Thanks!” Then she began scribbling down. “Jungkook was blabbering some Lisa talks when I was studying for calculus and no one does that, really.”

Minghao then glanced at Jaehyun. “And why did you snap at Jihyo at 8am?”

“Because she didn’t reply my texts when I asked her where she is.”

Jamie shot him a glare. “What, are you mister boyfriend now?!”

“Yuna’s worried about her, of course, I have to look for her.” He glared at Minghao. “You should blame Yuna for making me look after her because of Terius.”

“Which is somehow your fault, too.” Minghao crossed his arms and asked Jamie this time around. “You?”

“Yugyeom and I disagreed in using a formula.”

Dawon went ‘oh’. “Do you really get triggered during exam week?”

“Well, I’m sorry I don’t study two weeks before the exam,” Jamie fought back before pushing back her glasses and reverting back her attention to her book and her solutions. “Jaehyun, ruler.”

Jaehyun passed her the ruler before Yuju sat next to him. “So you snapped at Jihyo?”

He groaned. “Why does everyone talk to me about Jihyo?!” He glared at Yuju. “Can you just leave me alone? I’m going to work on Differential Calculus now.” He shut his engineering book and got his Differential Calculus book and stood up. “I can’t study here.” Then he left to get his own cubicle desk.

Eunha noticed that she should stand up, too. “Yeah, me too.”

Eunha’s POV

Alright. After I followed Jaehyun out of the engineering table, I looked for a cubicle, too. The library is actually filled with sophomores. The thing is, this is the sophomore study hall-slash-library so you kinda see where we’re getting here.

ANYWAY. I hate Engineering 02 and, well, I’m just tired. I hate Engineering 02 as much as I hate seeing Jungkook off to marry, so you can get the gist of it. I can’t believe that guy’s flirting at exam week! I also can’t believe Dawon began studying TWO WEEKS AGO LIKE WHO DOES THAT?! And I also can’t believe Jaehyun snapped at Jihyo, that son of a . I also can’t believe Yugyeom and Jamie fought over a DAMN formula like I don’t even know the use of that formula, for ’s sake. I even have General Chemistry and Differential Calculus to study about, plus we also have physics and mechanics, I wanna choke to death.

Joking.

Everyone gets those thoughts during exam week.

I think?

Anyway, folks, you’re gonna hear the story of how I watched Lisa and Jungkook flirt two tables from the cubicle desk. Of course I still curl my fist when I see them, these unlabelled jerks just want to go through the hard way and I think it’s idiotic. Folks, if you want to date, get over it. Go ask someone out and JUST ING DO IT. This is not a chapter in ao3 where it’s tagged “slowburn”. You either get to it or lose someone. LEARN FROM ME.

Oh just look at them subtly holding hands – gross. I want to puke. Well, in fact, all other couples make me puke. And when they fight, hell yeah, I celebrate my off. Yes, this is the life of the single.

Like I watched with microwave popcorn on my hands how Yuju stormed out of Seokmin’s room because he was too busy playing ROS, like I know what that is. Or maybe how I lowkey wanted to have my head chopped by the butcher as I saw Junhoe and Rose make out in the hall. Yep, those moments.

“Oh, what is you watching?” I heard an extremely deep voice coming from next to me and this deep voice comes from someone who’s probably a bottom in his relationship.

“Leave me alone, Hyunbin.” I shot him a glare as he sat down on the cubicle next to mine. “I’m studying.”

“Wow, great studying. Staring at a couple. Are you going to exam their relationship?”

Ow, that hit it. “What do you want?”

“Relationship help.” He tried to smile it out.

But I deadpanned. “No.” And I went back to highlighting things I don’t even understand.

“Pleasee!”

I shot him another glare. “You two are already sleeping together, aren’t you more than a couple now?” Okay, as you guys know, which was about twenty chapters ago, me and Jiho are roommates, and she and Hyunbin have been hooking up lately. Without me in the room, of course. And hell yes, it’s weird. I wish they wouldn’t make out in the room when I’m there, you know.

“No, but –” Oh gross, Kwon Hyunbin is pouting. “I want to say the L word.”

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. “Uh, then say it?”

“Wow, do you want me to be Mosby-ed?”

Okay, further confusion. What is he talking about?

Oh.

Mosby.

“You’ve been watching Have I Met Your Mother?” I asked.

“Yeah, Yuju suggested that I should watch it for relationship advice but so far, in 5 seasons, the only thing I got from it is shipping Barney and Robin.” Figures. As I expected, Yuju’s the culprit. “Anyway, any ideas?”

I frowned. “Just tell her that you love her. If she doesn’t, you can always back out while the ring’s still not tied, you know.”

Hyunbin blinked for a few seconds. “Okay, if this works out then I’ll set you up with someone okay?”

“Okay.” I smiled as I watched him run off.

 

 

 

WAIT DID I JUST SAY OKAY?????

Minghao’s POV

“This one probably goes like this, I don’t know.” I shrugged as I just stared at my book. Okay, let me get this straight. I don’t hate engineering, but engineering is my only choice so that I can take up performing arts. You’ve seen my parents, people. They’re ambassadors and foreign consultants. My siblings are both in law school and suddenly the youngest one is a DANCER? First, they’re CLYDE. Second, they’re big names.

I snapped back to reality when I heard Dawon’s voice. “Look here, Minghao.” She called me out with her angelic voice – again. “Try converting the met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter