27: T h e B a l l

D O R M I T O R Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ D O R M I T O R Y ]
27 : T h e B a l l

|| D-DAY ||
¬ 4 Hours before the ball

3rd Person’s POV

“Jihyo, sweetie, where’s your hairpin?” It’s a mess in Yuju’s house right now. As we all know, it’s the Valentine’s Ball in Mallenois University, and as much as they hate to admit it, the theme of the ball is “The Socialites of 2018”. And what other group is a group of Socialites? Honestly, there is no one but CLYDE. And as we all know, Yuju’s mom is a fashion designer, so all of the CLYDE’s children who are joining the ball are in the Choi’s, and this also includes her older brothers’ (Minki, Seungcheol) friends. Jihyo’s stylists are also here to help in styling the others. The CLYDE strongly believes in sharing resources.

Mingyu passed Cathrina, Yuju’s mom the hairpin she was looking for, “Here you go, Auntie.”

“Thank you, sweetie.” Cathrina took the pin from Mingyu and she attached it on Jihyo’s hair. Really, Cathrina and the team did wonders for everyone. Jihyo’s wearing a black lace two-piece with the skirt running until her ankle. “Can you move seats so I can fix Chaeyeon, now?”

Jihyo thanked Cathrina and moved to sit next to Sewoon who just finished brushing up his hair. Sewoon’s wearing a dark green suit and pants, and he’s wearing a black corsage on its pocket. “Jihyo.” Sewoon called her out.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s take a selfie.”

Jihyo chuckled as she recalled Sewoon’s ‘Park Siblings Agenda’ wherein Sewoon would try and post pics on his instagram with the Park Siblings and check how much followers he would gain. Just as Sewoon was going to press the capture icon, Yuju sat next to Jihyo with a wide smile. “Me too!”

Sewoon narrowed his eyes. “No, go to your best friend or something!”

“Shut up and take the damn photo, Sewoon.”

“Fine, fine.” Sewoon raised his arm once again, and just right before he was going to click the capture icon, they heard noise that seems to sound like Yuju’s older brother raising his voice. “Can I please take the photo in peace?”

“Is that CJ?” Yuju stood up to see what they were fighting about while Jihyo just glanced at them. In a few moments, they saw Yuju stop an impending fight between the siblings. Jihyo also noticed Jaehyun scoot over next to her.

Sewoon raised his arm. “Jaehyun, join the pic.” And he clicked the shutter, revealing a photo of the three. “That did the trick.” Sewoon stood up and headed for the other CLYDE members, leaving both Jaehyun and Jihyo on their own.

“So, what song are you singing later?” He asked. Jihyo got picked to sing one of the ball’s songs.

“Ocean Eyes, Mingyu remixed the song for me.” Jaehyun gave a small ‘oh’ before nodding. “Jaehyun, you look nice today.” Jihyo said with a smile. Jaehyun’s wearing a black tux that Jihyo ~notably~ chose for him.

“I was right to trust your instincts, congratulations.” He sounded half-sarcastic and Jihyo laughed it off. “You always look good, do I need to compliment you?”

Jihyo smiled, and Lisa took note of this, smirking from her seat. Minghao saw this smirk on her face and he raised a brow. “You look amused.”

“Why, yes.” Lisa acknowledged this fact. “Do you know the saying, all snakes have a soft underbelly?”

“Am I talking to Choi Yuna, because I think I’m hearing Riverdale references.” Minghao raised a brow. “Dude, I dunno. The only thing I’m sure of in biology is mitochondrion is the powerhouse of the cell.”

“Why am I talking to you, even?” Lisa crossed her arms and watched as Jaehyun and Jihyo continued chattering along. “But then again, we’re not snakes. We’re tigers.”

“Hmm.” Minghao began. “But hey, all tigers have their dens to deal with, and their cubs, too.” He smirked as he watched Jihyo and Jaehyun, as well. “And the only way to get the cubs is to get into the tiger’s den.”

Lisa gave Minghao a side-glance as she nodded, standing up. “I’d prefer it if you told Jihyo to stay away from Jaehyun.”

“Noted.”

**

“WHERE am I going to pick you up?” Sicheng couldn’t believe what he’s hearing through phone. “CLYDE’s Head house? You mean the main CLYDE household?”

“Yeah, Yuju’s house. Do you want directions, Sicheng?” Chaeyeon answered through the other side. “I’ll send the address although CLYDE has an entire village for themselves, and Yuju’s house is the only house that has around eight houses in a circle, plus it’s the only house that has two floors.”

“The house that only has two floors?”

“The only house that has two floors only.”

Sicheng’s brows furrowed. “What do you mean?”

“The other houses all have at least 4 floors.”  Chaeyeon sighed. “Sicheng, don’t worry, that’s the same reaction I had the first time I got here, so, don’t worry.”

Sicheng nodded. “I’m with Junhoe and Jungkook, we’ll come to pick you, Rose, and Lisa up.”

“Thank you, Sicheng.”

“Yes, I’ll see you.” Sicheng ended the call with a shy smile on his face as he scratched his neck. He looked at Junhoe and Jungkook, who were both waiting for his response. “Hehe, she and the other girls are in CLYDE’s head house.”

Jungkook raised a brow. “In Brithe City?”

Junhoe, on the other hand, just sped up his car. They’re now driving north to pick up the girls. They think the rest of their group will head on their own to school. “So, are any of you guys items or anything?”

Jungkook stopped from munching his snack before answering. “Lisa doesn’t want to date.”

Sicheng agreed. “So does Chae.”

“Figures, Lisa’s a gangster, Chaeyeon just broke up with Mingyu, it’s understandable.” With the rear mirror, he glanced at Sicheng. “But I’m more surprised as to how you asked Chaeyeon out. I’m amazed, you have quite some bravery, there.” He praised her and Sicheng kept his hands together, eventually coming shy. “Why, I’m impressed, why are you flushing?”

“Keep quiet, Ju-ne, I’m still shy when we’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter