25 : T h e R a i n

D O R M I T O R Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ D O R M I T O R Y ]
25 : The Rain

SEWOON’s POV

“I’m just saying, bro. Dates are hetero-normative, you know.” Yeah, I know, dates are heteronormative, but you have to be, Jun.

Anyway, how did I even get into this situation?

Oh, I remember, Choi Yuju. She’s a boss. Wow, I’m in Thunder Fang, yet she gives out orders better than my parents, or the twins’ parents, or the other twins’ parents. Sometimes, I wonder why is it that our parents were the only ones who didn’t give birth to a pair of twins, unlike my dad’s sibs who both got twins. I wish life wasn’t as boring as it seems. My older sister is in med school, which is boring, too.

Basically, in this story, I’m probably the most normal person here.

Why? Everyone’s weird! Seokju lied to their friends about dating for about a year or less! Mingyu has a kink for secret relationships, Minghao is probably single since birth because I think he has girl-phobia (cue Lisa’s entrance), Jihyo probably likes Cha Eunwoo but you didn’t hear that from me and Kyungwon probably likes Mingyu. In short, they’re all weird. My roommate Jun is probably at odds with Koo Junhoe. Why are those two avoiding each other, anyway?

“Either way, why do you want me to go ask Rose out?” He crossed his arms. Jun is a good guy, I can’t see why he was chosen to investigate on us. That’s really unusual. Or did they choose him because he wouldn’t be obvious, because if they did, then it worked. “Does she like me?”

Uh, do I have to give a lie for this to happen?

Ack, save me.

Amen.

Rosie, I’m so sorry, and you’re probably gonna kill me after this, but I won’t worry. She’ll probably kill me in any way possible.

“Yeah, Rosie likes you.” I sighed. “So, ask her out to make her happy.”

“Oh, you’re lying.”

Oh mY GoD, You’RE The OnE AskInG ThEn SUdDENlY I’m tHE oNe LyiNG?! “Believe what you want to believe, whatever! I give up.” I scoffed but before leaving the room, I nEEd tO hAvE tHE lASt WOrD. “Just don’t hurt that nice friend of mine.” Is it too late to add sarcasm into the ‘nice’? Too late? Okay. Moving on.

I ditched the room because it’s too hot in there, plus Jun is a bit dumb so, too bad. I walked out of the hall and I saw a familiar face dragging her luggage out of her room. Oh, Yuju moved out of her and Dawon’s room and she’s switching with Jamie today. Ever since the show choir finals, I think Dawon has been avoiding her, which is weird. I actually went to the same high school as Dawon. We both came from Mallenois Science High School, this university’s sister high school, and Dawon’s really nice. I don’t know what came between them to the point that Yuju moved out. And you know, based on observation, Yuju’s not a half-bad person, she’s just bossy. Did Dawon confess that she likes Seokmin, or something?

Anyway, that’s (hopefully) not my business, but Dawon’s kinda my business since Yuj and Seok told me so.

ANYWAY

I wonder how Jihyo and Jaehyun are holding up. Those two together…

Is such a weird combination, how did the couple even come up with that?

 

JIHYO’s POV

Uh, so how do we do this?

Me and Jaehyun are now in front of each other – awkward. I wonder why did Yuju ever pair us up – this is so weird! I really hate awkward atmospheres, and Jaehyun’s not making it any easier. I wish Yuju paired me up with anybody else, like Gyujin or maybe one of the CLYDE kids. I think he heard me sigh because I got his attention.

I don’t hate Jaehyun, in all ways. He and I are in the same club but we never interacted – he’s always dating, I guess that’s why. We never had a song together, we never did a duet or anything else. He’s very good-looking but I’ve never been left in the same room alone with me. And besides,

He’s scary.

His face is so sharp to the point that I’m beginning to get afraid of him just sitting in front of me. “Am I making you uncomfortable?” He asked me. I gulped, his voice is so deep, it’s scaring me.

But I shook my head. “No, it’s just awkward.” I tried to smile, but he kept a straight face. He’s the future of Thunder Fang, he fits the profile so much. His posture, the way he speaks and his fashion literally screams gangster. “What about you?”

“Just about the same.” He crossed his legs. Sometimes, I think if I clothe him into the same clothes my little brother, Woojin, wears, I think he’ll pass as CLYDE, really. “Uh, Yuju warned us both –“

I cut him off as I nodded. “To not fall in love.”

“Yeah.” Awkward silence?

Again?

“Uh, so where do we start?” He asked, raising a brow. Why is he so poker-faced? I’ve seen him smile in performances but that’s just it. “I mean, we should begin with something, right?”

I nodded. “Um, do you have something to wear for the ball?”

He shook his head softly. I can see a change in his eyes, it’s like he’s asking for something, it’s almost close to strange. “I’m not the suit type, you know.”

“You know you guys aren’t gonna wear suits for a ball that’s themed Game of Thrones, right?” I tried to smile and his face perked up.

“So it’s not just suits? There’s more?”

I nodded. “Girls’ outfits are easy to find, but boys’, I don’t think so.”

“Bambam said we can wear clothes that look like royals’, and I think suits can pass, to be honest.”

I shrugged. “But you said you don’t have suits, either.”

“I didn’t say I can’t buy one, no?”

Oh. Right.

I’m so scared of him, his aura scares me, for real.

“I-I’m sorry, I should talk to you a little nicely.”

Oh? He apologized.

Maybe he’s not so bad, after all. “I actually know a place to buy clothes.” I smiled before I stood up and walked down, with him trailing behind me.

MINGYU’s POV

“Kyungwon, Auntie, for the nth time, is clothing even our problem?” I asked as I tried out the 5th article of clothing she passed me. Okay, who the hell allowed Game of Thrones to happen?

Oh, I forgot, I was one of them.

“Yes, Mingyu, the pants are too short for you.” I didn’t know that Yuju’s mom is a fashion nazi? Oh, I forgot, this Auntie is a fashion designer. Right now, we’re in Yuju’s mom main shops. If I ever forgot to tell you guys that I’m quite a fashion terrorist, Yuju’s mom will always remind you guys that I’m one. And it’s a serious case because all that Auntie does when she sees me is diss my fashion sense. “Mingyu, son, you’re so good-looking but I wish you’d use your good looks a little more.”

“Auntie!” Yuju’s mom chuckled before leaving me and Kyungwon in the fitting room and all the clothes Kyungwon wanted for me to try on. How is it so easy for her to get her own clothes but it’s hard for me? This is so unfair! “Hey, I think this looks bad.” I raised up one of the clothes that she want me to try.

I saw her cringe. “Um, no, it’s dead fine.” Frustrated, she ran her fingers through her hair. “Why does your fashion sense ?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter