Feeling like a princess

Bookshop

It was a hectic morning at the Cho residence on the wedding reception day. Mr Cho and Kyuhyun decorated their car to be the bridal car. Mrs Cho and Ahra brought Sungmin to their favourite saloon to bun up their hair, and later on when her hair was done, Sungmin was so thrill and happy that her hair was done nicely! Ahra told her she looked stunning and she couldn't wait to see Sungmin in traditional wedding hanbok, as she had missed it when Sungmin tried it on the other night. 

Thereafter once they reached home, they were busy with dressing up, did the makeup and Mrs Cho was busy making sure that Sungmin wore all the bridal accessories. Sungmin brought her bridal shoes along which she wore during her church wedding, and thank goodness the shoes went well with the hanbok dress. 

By the time Sungmin was ready with her hanbok and make-up, Kyuhyun was already waiting outside, adjusting their father's car deco. The whole family would be taking the car to the wedding reception hall. 

When he stepped into the house again to take the car key, Sungmin was walking out with Ahra. Kyuhyun stopped in his track, took a double look, because he was not sure whether that was the same girl that he married, coz Sungmin looked so beautiful!! 

"Wow noona, is that my Sungmin?  She is so pretty!!" Kyuhyun couldn't stop admiring his wife. 

"Stop staring at her and no kissing her Kyu, I don't want you to spoil her make-up. I took 1 hour to do it" Ahra moved Sungmin away from Kyuhyun and put out a hand at Kyuhyun when he wanted to get to Sungmin. 

"Noona..." 

"Nope. And later you sit in front with Appa in the car, while we ladies sit behind"

"But it's the bridal car, how can the groom sit separately from the bride?" Kyuhyun looked sadly at Sungmin, who couldn't stopped giggling. 

"That's final. Move away..." 

"Omma....." Kyuhyun turned to his mother for help. 

"I don't know. You settle with Ahra"... Mrs Cho laughed while adjusting her own hanbok. In fact, all three of them looked stunning in hanbok. The dress code of the wedding reception was 'Traditional Hanbok', and Ahra told Sungmin that their guest would surely come in expensive hanbok and in many many beautiful colours. 

The wedding reception hall has been beautifully decorated by the event organiser that Mrs Cho hired and there was also a beautifully decorated raised podium for the bride and groom to stand for family blessings and photo taking. 

Sungmin has never been to a traditional Korean wedding before and this being her own wedding, it brought tears to her eyes. She wished her parents were here, especially her mother. She could still remember her mother's face the night she appeared in her dream before her church wedding. When Ahra heard Sungmin's sniffed and then noticing her tears, Ahra quickly nudged Kyuhyun who quickly took a tissue paper and held Sungmin and  turned her to face him. 

"Heyyy, what's wrong? You remembered your parents?" Kyuhyun could guessed it and when Sungmin nodded, he wiped her tears and said "Your parents are happily watching us from above. They are happy for you. Don't cry, show them that you are happy and accepted their blessings" Kyuhyun said softly and pecked her lips. Sungmin nodded her head and took another tissue to dab her eyes again.  

Ahra applied some pressed powder onto Sungmin's face and said "That's right, Sungmin, be happy, that's what our parents always want us to be, right?  Don't cry okay?" and smile to boost her encouragement. Sungmin nodded again and smile at both Ahra and her worried husband. 

Kyuhyun held Sungmin's hand and brought her to a stand-by room for them to rest while waiting for the ceremony to start. Mr and Mrs Cho were at the entrance to welcome their guests. Every ladies came in beautiful hanbok with colourful chima and surprisingly, the men didn't want to lose out. 

They too came, not in suits, but in men's hanbok which consists of jeogori and loose-fitting baji (pants). Some men even came in Pho, which was an outer robe, and some even came with an overcoat version, complete with a ribbon, similar like those officials in Korean period drama during late Joseon dynasty. 

Everybody looked very elegant and great in their traditional clothing. They praised Mr and Mrs Cho for putting the dress code as traditional clothing, which was good to uphold their Korean tradition. 

When everyone has seated, the MC greeted everyone and introduce the groom's family, and gave a short introduction of the bride and groom. A short video was shown, which Kyuhyun had collated from their church wedding photos which he got from Changmin, added some photos which they took after their wedding, some candid photos which he took when they had their meals together, and numerous cute photos which he secretly took when Sungmin was working in the bookshop. 

The MC then started to introduce the bride and groom, where the guests got to know that Sungmin was a resident in Melbourne, Australia,  and that they met while Kyuhyun was studying there. He then signalled his assistant to open the door. Just before that, outside the door, Kyuhyun took Sungmin's hand and asked her to hold his arm and told her that the would be walking in together. 

"Min.." 

"Hmm?" 

"Don't be nervous and just follow what I do. And smile" Kyuhyun said, patting her hand lovingly. 

"Alright, Kyu" 

"You look very pretty" 

"Thank you, Kyu" Sungmin said smiling. 

"I love you" 

"I love you too" 

And just then, the door opened and Sungmin was surprised there were so many guests, all standing and clapping for them. She saw Changmin and Victoria too, who both waved at her and smiling excitedly. She was happy that they flew back to Seoul to attend their wedding reception. A lot of the guests took photos and some even took videos. A rows of pretty little girls in cute hanbok threw rose petals on their path and Sungmin felt like she was a princess, walking with her Crown Prince. 

She followed whatever Kyuhyun did. They bowed in front of Kyuhyun's parents to get their blessings, and then in front of all the guests as well. The MC introduced them and everyone clapped and nodded their heads. Indeed, the bride and groom were a beautiful couple, pretty and handsome and it was like a match made in heaven. 

After the dinner course, they went up to the podium again to take photos with Kyuhyun's family and relatives, and then with the guests. Everyone wanted to take photo with the beautiful wedding couple, so by the time it was the last group, Sungmin felt so tired from continuous smiling! But she felt great and owe it a lot to Kyuhyun's family who made this day to be one the happiest and the most memorable day in her life. And all these while, Kyuhyun held her hand to offer strength and comfort to Sungmin. She felt like a princess receiving all the attention and especially the love and support from Kyuhyun. 

She was tired by the time they reached home and after shower, while watching television with Mr and Mrs Cho in their living room, she fell asleep on Kyuhyun's shoulder, and he has to carry her up to their room. She woke up when Kyuhyun started kissing her and when she smile sweetly at him, they made beautiful love till early morning. 

On the eve of the New year, Kyuhyun borrowed his father's car and brought Sungmin to Han River to view the countdown and the fireworks. It was cold but Sungmin insisted to go out from the car to see the fireworks better, so Kyuhyun wrapped a thick muffler around her neck to keep her warm. 

At the of midnight, under the beautiful fireworks, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin into his arms and wished her a happy birthday, a happy new year and kissed her lovingly. To Sungmin, it was the most beautiful birthday that she has ever had and she wrapped her arms around Kyuhyun and burried her face in his chest. 

The Chos celebrated Sungmin's birthday the next day, with a mini party within the family. Sungmin was very happy and so thankful that she has a family to celebrate her birthday with, and a wonderful husband who loved her wholeheartedly. 

They flew back to Melbourne three days after the new year because Kyuhyun need to finalise his internship preparations, like accommodation's deposit payment, flight confirmation and who to report to. Sungmin helped him to pack his business and casual clothings, ties and shoes. Though she was sad that Kyuhyun would be away from her for a month, she need to encourage him as this internship was for his future, which would also be their future. 

"Kyu, I plan to fly over to Sydney to celebrate your birthday with you for that weekend, 2nd to 4th Feb" 

"You travel alone? No, you don't have to. Maybe I fly back here?" 

"No, I want to visit Sydney too. It's just for the weekend, so you don't have to apply leave. I just want to spend your birthday with you".

"Will you be ok travelling alone? I am actually felt very heavy-hearted to leave you here in Melbourne. I wished you can stay with me in Sydney, but it's not fair to you because you have your bookshop. I really don't know whether I can survive being away from you". 

"I will be alright, Kyu, don't worry. Furthermore, Victoria will be helping me, so I won't be alone" 

"Min, lately I noticed that you don't look well.  Are you really ok?" 

"Just tired, I guess. I'm not sure why I feel easily tired nowadays. And always hungry. Maybe I ate too much good food when we were in Seoul" Sungmin chuckled. 

Kyuhyun looked at her worriedly. He knew his wife hasn't been feeling well eversince they came back from Seoul. She looked tired, though, she never complained about anything. He knew she didn't want him to get worried, but he still worried nevertheless, and because of that, Kyuhyun made sure that she ate early and then went to bed early every night while he looked after the bookshop and closed it up for the night. He wasn't sure whether her anaemic became worst such that she tire easily and always hungry lately. 

He has briefed Victoria and showed her the bookshop, how to use the computer and how to categorise the books according to genre. He seeked her help to look after Sungmin as well, including  help her to buy food, and to close up the bookshop at night. Victoria and Changmin laughed at him because he worried too much that nobody would look after his wife while he was away, so Changmin said that since his own internship would be in Melbourne, he would ensure that Vic do her job properly. 

Though worried about Sungmin, Kyuhyun couldn't cancel his internship. She told him repeatedly not to worry about her and that they would meet on his birthday weekend. With that assurance, in mid-January, Kyuhyun finally left for Sydney to start another chapter in his life, which was on-the-job internship.