Beautiful Life

Bookshop

Kyuhyun's parents reached Melbourne 5 days after little Cho Sunghyun was born. They were so happy to see their grandson, and Mrs Cho carried him everytime he cried. Both the new mother and baby son had been discharged and both were in good health. 

Kyuhyun got his paternity leave and together with his father, they managed the bookshop, while his mother look after Sungmin and little Sunghyun. It was a blessing to have them around, because Mrs Cho cooked healthy food for Sungmin so that she got all the nourishment to feed her baby. 

"Omma, I am so glad that you are here. I wouldn't know how to look after myself and I cannot thank you enough. You even sacrifice your sleep to pat Sunghyun back to sleep at night. I owe you and appa a lot!" Sungmin said honestly, while feeding her baby. 

"Aishhh, don't say that. You and Sunghyun are our family, and I love both of you. The main thing is, you must regain back your strength because your body need to adjust back to your normal routine" Mrs Cho smile at her. She looked lovingly at Sunghyun who was his mother's milk. 

"Yes, Omma. But is it normal that babies are always hungry? Little Sunghyun seemed to want milk every hour!" 

"I think because he drank a bit and then fell asleep. Too comfortable in your arms haha. Maybe when you see him falling asleep, try to wake him up so that he continue to feed his milk?" 

"Ahhhh, ok, I'll try to do that" Sungmin said while trying to do sweet talk to her son when she noticed that he was dozing off. She smile because the cute thing about Sunghyun is that he likes to use his free hand to touch her while , as though telling everyone to "hands off, this is my milk time" especially if Kyuhyun was there watching the feeding. Thinking about Kyuhyun, she has been planning something and seeked her mother-in-law's opinion. 

"Omma, I was thinking to change my bookshop's ownership to Kyuhyun so that he took over completely. I want to look after Sunghyun so I don't think I can manage the Bookshop" 

Mrs Cho was surprised, and said "Sungmin dear, the Bookshop is yours, so maybe if you really want, just add Kyuhyun as joint owner. You should still have the final say in the running of the bookshop". 

"Actually Omma, all along Kyuhyun has been the main person who did most of the management of the Bookshop, you know, like rearrangement of books, upgrading the shop and the computer system. In fact, on everything, including the security alarm. I owe him a lot eversince he joined me even before our marriage" she told her mother-in-law. 

Nodding, Mrs Cho said smiling "Yes dear but still, it's your bookshop. All your heart and life and heart pain throughout the years. So, if you want, just add him as the co-owner". 

Sungmin nodded. Yes she will do just that. She will arrange with her lawyer to add Kyuhyun's name as her co-owner officially. Since Kyuhyun has a permanent job, maybe they can employ a full-time staff to run the Bookshop, or... maybe.... she looked up at her mother-in-law "Omma, how about you and appa migrate here? Stay with us and look after the Bookshop together with us? I can work out some salary to pay you two, so you will money to spend" Sungmin looked at her with hope. 

"I... let me discuss with appa first. Ahra is getting married in Seoul and will be moving out. So we can rent our home so that we have income. You don't have to pay us if we are here to help running the bookshop" Mrs Cho told her.

"Ohh, she is getting married? I'm so happy to hear it!!"

"Yes, she is, finally!" Mrs Cho laughed. "It will be in Autumn (in Seoul), which is Spring here, so you will be fully heal by then, and little Sunghyun should be about 3 months old? Shoud be able to travel" Mrs Cho said nodding her head.

"Woww baby, we'll be going back to your daddy's hometown!!!" she smile happily at Sunghyun while pinching her cute baby. Looking up at her mother-in-law, Sungmin said "And we can introduce Sunghyun to all our relative, right, Omma?"

"Yes! I intend to do that!!" Mrs Cho nodded happily, and then took over little Sunghyun after Sungmin unlatched his cute mouth from her since he had fallen asleep again. Mrs Cho patted him for him to burp while Sungmin adjusted her nursing bra and her blouse. "Go and  have your lunch, Sungmin dear. I will put him at his cot after he burp" Mrs Cho told her. Her poor daughter-in-law must not skip her meals as she is anaemic, and must have lots of rest to recover.

"Thank you, Omma" Sungmin bowed slightly and carefully got up. She felt so lucky to have her mother-in-law around and could never thank God enough!

A month later, Sungmin managed to work out her plan to add Kyuhyun as co-owner to her bookshop, though Kyuhyun had objected initially. She managed to convince him so she has started to engage her lawyer. 

When Kyuhyun's parents flew back to Seoul, Victoria has readily agreed to help in the Bookshop. Kyuhyun did some minor alteration near the pantry area so that there is a little room now for Sungmin to feed their baby whenever she brought him to the Bookshop. They had arranged for interviews for full time helpers and managed to employ a full time staff. 

Sungmin was happy that everything was going well. The police had completed their investigation and had issued a warrant of arrest for the mastermind, which none other than Irene!! She was so disappointed that Irene would go through such length to harm her and her baby, but luckily for Sungmin, God is always on her side, and she is so grateful for that.  Kyuhyun was totally annoyed and thankful that Irene would go behind the bars. 

They would be flying to Seoul in a week's time, and they had collected little Sunghyung's passport just now. Their little angel must be so tired after all the travelling that he has slept by the time they reached home. And since their little angel won't be disturbing them for quite some time, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin towards the bed and started kissing her. Both of them missed each other's body so much that they made two rounds of beautiful love making, and strangely, little Sunghyung was still in deep sleep. Maybe he understood that his parents hasn't been intimate since he was born.

"I missed you so much, Min. I just want to hold you in my arms forever".

"I missed you too, but you can't hold me forever, because once our angel wakes up, he would demand milk!"

"Aishhh... I have to give-in huh..." Kyuhyun and when his wife nodded with a teasing smile, he said "then I will it first before he wakes up!" and he literally roll on top of her and started at her .

"Kyu..." Sungmin was getting excited again.

"Hmmm?.. Shall we go for a 3rd round?" and he entered her again which was a breeze since she was totally wet from their 2 earlier  rounds.

They fell asleep and only woke up when little Sunghyung was wailing loudly. He must be fed up because nobody paid him any attention when he woke up!

Kyuhyun got up and quickly dress up and washed his hands, and picked up his son. He craddle him and cooed at him and kissed him and cooed at him again. Sunghyung stop crying and looked at his daddy with his mouth opened and closed, asking for milk. So cute, Kyuhyun smile. 

"Heyyy baby!! You are hungry huhh? Can I give you water first while I wake up your beautiful mummy? I made her very tired you see, so if you are okay with water first, I go get it now alright?" and when Sunghyung started his hands, Kyuhyun smile, and kissed him, and walked towards their kitchen, still with Sunghyung in his arms. He took the water bottle and feed his baby, who at it immediately. Luckily Sunghyung didn't make a fuss that it wasn't milk, probably he was thirsty too after wailing for quite some time! 

Kyuhyun walked slowly back to their bedroon while cradling and rocking his littie angel, and sat besides his wife. "Min, it's milk time..." he whispered and shooked her gently. Sungmin opened her eyes and smile at him, seeing him taking care of their precious baby. She signalled that she will go to the toilet first, so Kyuhyun made sure Sunghyung didn't see his mummy running away from him.

A week later, they flew to Seoul. Their flight was easier than they thought, which they were so thankful! Baby Sunghyung only asked for milk once, and during that time, Kyuhyun helped Sungmin to cover her exposed with a blanket. Their little angel slept through the remaining journey and both parents took turns cradling him. And then once in Incheon, and they had emerged from the arrival hall, the grandparents took over cooing and cradling him because they missed him so much! Ahra was crazy over him too because little Sunghyung was so cute! 

The wedding went through in a breeze. Ahra looked so beautiful and her husband was so handsome, though Kyuhyun kept emphasizing that his brother-in-law was not as handsome as him! During the wedding, Mrs Cho was so proud showing around her grandson to their relatives and little Sunghyung collected quite a big amount of money as their relatives cooed and carried him and slotted in some money into his jumper's pockets. 

Sungmin enjoyed being part of Kyuhyun's family. Before and after the wedding, they were mostly together, ate meals together, went shopping together and helped each other in taking care of little Sunghyung. 

And the best part was, Kyuhyun's parents agreed to migrate to Melbourne! Not now but in a few months time! This would give Kyuhyun sufficient time to apply to bring in his parents as residents and also for him to look for a bigger apartment for his family. He have gotten his permanent residence status and Sungmin has gotten her citizenship status. So this would definitely made it easier to bring in his parents. 

A few days after the wedding, Kyuhyun and Sungmin flew back to Melbourne, and started the arrangements to bring Kyuhyun's parents over. They started looking for a bigger apartment around the same area so that they could easily walk to the Bookshop. 

Kyuhyun showed Sungmin a brochure that he got on his way home one day from work. It's Brunswick apartments, at 17 Union Street, with available 1, 2 & 3 bedrooms. Brunswick apartments was developed by Neo metro group, featuring interior designs by award winning Clare Cousins Architects, with built-in study room, shade awnings, and a rooftop garden. And best of all, it is affordable as it is within their available budget, even if they selected the 3 bedrooms apartment! 

What's more, it's a two minute walk to Barkly Square, the Brunswick Baths, train, tram and car share facilities and a short tram ride to the University of Melbourne, Monash and RMIT campuses, as well as the Parkville medical precinct. It is a perfect choice as it is easy for Kyuhyun to travel to his work, and a 3 tram stations away from their bookshop. If they cut through some streets, they could even walk to their bookshop! 

So that's done! They had made reservation for the apartment. Towards Spring, Melbourne is getting warmer, and one of their favourite activities on Sundays were to take the tram to Flinders Street and stroll along Yarra River, with Sunghyung in a baby pram. Since they closed their bookshop at 1pm on Sundays, they were free to bring Sunghyung around in the afternoon. 

As they stroll along Yarra River, Sungmin recalled their wedding day and smile happily. Her life changed completely after Kyuhyun came into her life! 

She held Kyuhyun's arm and leaned her head against his shoulder while they walked slowly along the river, with Kyuhyun pushing their little angel in the pram. Kyuhyun turned and kissed her head and hugged his wife with one hand. She looked up and smiled happily at him. 

This is their life moving forward, and Sungmin loves every minute of it. She has her bookshop, she has a wonderful husband, and now she has a beautiful baby. With Kyuhyun's parents coming, her happiness will be complete. She loves her new family!  Smiling, she breath a sign of contentment and thank God for this beautiful life. 

The end.