Difficult decision

Bookshop

Kyuhyun decided to just call the nurse to help Sungmin changed into her hospital gown. How could he helped her, he respected her and would not take advantage eventhough the nurses thought that he was her husband.

After about 20 minutes, the x-ray was done and now he helped Sungmin back to her bed. Before he left, he helped to feed her too, much to Sungmin's protest that she could use her left hand to eat. And of course being a 'good husband', before he left, he made sure she was tucked in properly and pecked her forehead.

Sungmin smile. How nice if she got a husband like Kyuhyun. He would definitely made a good husband to a lucky girl. He was well-mannered, polite, hardworking, responsible and handsome!

Sungmin was discharged 3 days later and Kyuhyun was there to help her with all the hospital settlement which was to bill to the insurance, and arranged for her next appointment. Once they reached her apartment at Unilodge, he carried her from the cab, through the security door, into the lift and after Sungmin key in her door PIN, carried her into her room.

"Kyu, thank you, I can manage on my own. I've already trouble you enough".

"Just remember don't put pressure on your leg yet and walk less. Let your swollen feet and hand heal properly. It's my semester break, so I can be at the bookshop whole day. I bring lunch for you ok?"

"I am really sorry to trouble you but thank you very very much!"

"No trouble at all, Sungmin. I go out and buy lunch and be right back. After lunch I will open the bookshop. I think there's a book delivery today. Ok see you in a while" and Kyuhyun wave and walk out.

"Kyu, wait. I give you my door PIN. It's 010186"

"Is that your birthdate?" Kyuhyun smile and when Sungmin nodded shyly "Really? You are a new year baby?"

"Yeah, and every 31st Dec, I will just buy a small cake and celebrate new year and my birthday alone. It's 2-in-1 kind of celebration" Sungmin laughed.

"Hmmm, so, come with me to Seoul, we'll celebrate your birthday together" Kyuhyun smile and wave, before leaving to buy lunch.

Sungmin was quiet. This was the 2nd time Kyuhyun invited her to join him celebrate Christmas at his home. Should she go? She missed Seoul too...

The days that follow were one of the most frustrating period of her life and most pleasant too. Frustrating because it was difficult to use 1 hand to do things, especially cleaning herself, but pleasant because Kyuhyun came everyday for lunch and evening to update her on bookshop matters and for dinner.

When she was well enough to go back to her bookshop, she was amazed how well organised it was. Some arrangements were different, the travel books and periodicals are nearer to the counter, whereas fictions and story books are in the back, with some stools and 2 long wooden tables. 

The magazines were still upstairs but the sofa area has some small flower pots which made the area cheerful and pleasant.  She recalled Kyuhyun did informed her that he made some changes to the book arrangements and now that she saw it, she was happy with the arrangement. 

He told her too that the long table and stools were given by one of his tuition girl's parent who didn't need those anymore and had asked Kyuhyun whether he wanted them. So he got help from his campus buddies to transport the tables and stools to the bookshop, and with some cleaning, they looked brand new now.

She got a message from Kyuhyun with a 'welcome back to work' and a laughing emoticon, and that he would be late as he need to talk to his professor about his internship.

She sorted her mails which she retrieved from her letterbox on her way to her bookshop. She saw a letter from her insurance and she opened that one first. She got a shock! The insurance company asked her to forward to them her marriage cert within a week's time so that they could update their records, and for them to proceed to pay the hospital. Failure to do so would warrant her to pay full for her hospital bills.

What should she do? She could just pay the bills, not that she got no money, but she has made some plans with her money. Her mind is blank now. She thought of calling Kyuhyun but he said he was meeting his professor. She really needs his brilliant mind to help her think. Gave up on thinking what she should do, she messaged him.

On his way out after meeting his professor, he met his campus buddy, Changmin and they walked together towards the cafeteria for a drink before Kyuhyun went to My Bookshop. He stopped in his tracked when he read Sungmin's message. 

"Heyyy man, what happened? You stopped so suddenly!" Changmin asked.

"Remember I told you about My Bookshop's owner, Sungmin's hospitalization?" they resumed their walk and ordered drinks once they found a seat in the cafeteria. 

"Yeah, the one that you became her husband haha" Changmin laughed.

"Now the insurance company is asking for the marriage cert to update their records"

"Holy cow!"

"I didn't meant to pretend or anything, the hospital just assume that I am her husband"

"Hmmm, so, if she didn't submit the marriage cert, she has to pay in full?"

"Yeah, that's what the letter said"

"Then, marry her"

"What??"

"Get married and submit the marriage cert"

"Chwang, marriage is a serious matter"

"It's marriage of convenience. You two don't have to live together or anything. Just in name only".

"I don't think so Sungmin will agree"

"Talk to her. As this is urgent, decide quickly and settle it. I can get a priest if you want coz my  landlord is a priest and I can just approach him.."

Kyuhyun looked down. He always want to help Sungmin but this is involve something very serious.

"Talk to her first, Kyu. Deep down in your heart, you also agree with me this is the best solution right? Moreover, I know you like her!"

Kyuhyun looked up. Was he so obvious?

"Was I so obvious?"

"Haha you admit it!!! Common Kyu, from the way you acted and the way you cared for her, obviously you like her a lot. I know you very well, you know"

Kyuhyun was quiet. Eventhough he like her for real, to get married just for the marriage cert is not what he has in mind. Yes he agreed that this was the best solution given such a short period of time, but he didn't want Sungmin to commit to something that she wouldn't feel comfortable with. 

"Talk to her first. Just let me know if you need my help ok. I need to go to the library. My duty today. See you man!" 

"Thanks, Chwang. See you" Kyuhyun waved at him and got up too. He walked to the tram station and board it to go to My Bookshop. He messaged Sungmin "Got a solution but not sure you'll agree. Let's talk later". 

The bookshop was quite crowded with a group of students. Sungmin was explaining a financial periodical to a student when Kyuhyun stepped in. Some girls were whispering and giggling when they saw him. He smile and nodded his head and the girls continued to giggled. Kyuhyun put his bag down at the counter and looked at Sungmin's direction. Sungmin looked up at him too, and smile at him. Things continued to be busy until about 8pm when the last customer left. 

"Wow Kyu, you really attracted lots of customers. Before you came in, almost every customer was asking whether you are around" 

"Really? Maybe because I was around since morning when you were on medical leave. You want to go out for dinner or I buy something back?" 

"I have bibimbap. Come to my place, it's more than enough for 2"

"Ok, want to close up now?" 

"Yeah let's close up. I'm tired" 

"You just sit here and complete today's input. Let me clean and vacuum the floor" 

Kyuhyun off the front porch light, turn the 'open' sign to 'close' and started picking up rubbish, vacuum and rearranged the magazines and books. By the time he finished, Sungmin just about to off her laptop. They left the bookshop and walked to Sungmin's apartment. 

While Sungmin heated up the bibimbap ingredients, Kyuhyun helped to set the table, bring over bowls, and pour plain water into two glasses. 

While eating, Sungmin said "Kyu, I think I should just pay the hospital bills fully" 

"No"

"Hmmm?" 

"We... get married" 

"What??!!" and Sungmin choked on her food and started coughing. Alarmed, Kyuhyun quickly patted her back and coaxed her to drink water. 

When she calmed down, Kyuhyun said "I know it sound absurd but it's the best solution. We produced the marriage cert as what they want"

"Kyu, it doesn't stop there. What about the marriage? It won't be fair to you. You have a bright future and marriage will just tie you down. Unless we divorce after that"

"Sungmin, we can work things out later. I am really ok to tie the knot with you. My campus buddy's landlord is a priest. He can help us arrange for a marriage session. Think about it ok? I am not forcing you, and if you are really against it, I am ok too. It must be mutual agreement"

"Let me think about it ok? I let u you know tomorrow" Sungmin finished up her food and got up to bring it to the sink.  She felt bad that Kyuhyun got involved in this and even sacrifice to marry her to settle this problem. 

Kyuhyun finished up his food. Did he do the right thing by bringing this up? Will they be awkward to each other tomorrow? Kyuhyun sighed. Maybe he shouldn't bring this up. But he really want to help. As to why, he didn't know. Maybe because he likes her. 

He brought his bowl and glass to the sink where Sungmin wanted to start washing. 

"Let me do the washing. Your hand is still painful" Kyu took her hands and wipe them. "Go take a rest and I'll finish up here" 

Sungmin was very touch that Kyuhyun cared for her a lot and very considerate. She brushed her teeth and have a change of clothing. She then sat on her sofa and wanted to put on the massage oilment that she got from the hospital on to her hand. Kyuhyun sat next to her and took the massage oilment. Slowly, he spread some oilment onto her skin and slowly massage her hand. 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun. Such a gentleman. She wonder whether will she get the same treatment if they get married? 

"Kyu...?" 

Kyuhyun looked up "Hmmm..? Is it painful? Did I put too much pressure?" 

"No, your massage is fine. I... just want to say that I have decided. I... the answer is 'yes'. 

"Yes to what?" for a minute, Kyuhyun didn't get what she meant. 

"Yes, let's get married.."